Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 19, 2005

Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-18-2005, 9:50 AM Reply   
I am looking at getting some rear bags for my ride. I have read about many of them, but was wondering what would be the best choice. I am mainly concerned with getting ones that fit in the rear lockers well, without being oversized, pushing on the engine wall, etc. I also want covers sinve I have other stuff in there. Also your recommendations on pump size, vendor, etc. 1 pump or 2?

Any help would be appreciated.

BYW, I already have a few hundred lbs of lead that I can move around, and may get more. Mainly want the bags for surfing, but want 2 bags so I can also make the wake smokin for the better riders (Blake, Kevin, Chris, etc).

Thanks.

Buzz
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-18-2005, 10:06 AM Reply   
go with the new Fly high sacs super thick, no need for covers, and they fit the rear, go with their pumps the tsunamis. The sacs (pair) are $199 and not sure about the pumps.

I think M20 has them in stock call first before you go down there.

Make the wake smokin? The wedge and MLS wont cut it for those guys huh?

I would be interested to see how yours compares to my non wedge boat.

What is your riding schedule this weekend?
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-18-2005, 10:29 AM Reply   
As far as the wake, it is plenty for my old a$$, but just want to have the option to go bigger for some of the others. Like I said, mainly want the sacks for surfing, and only need one for that, but might as well get 2. I love my wake. I am still getting use to it. Coming from a runabout wake, it is a whole different world. Heading towards it can still be intimidating. I guess I want to scare myself even more!

I am planning to be at San V Fri afternoon about 2:30, then go spend Sat night in line with others, and ride Sun AM til about 11, then off to work.

Hope to see you out there soon.

Buzz
Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-18-2005, 12:39 PM Reply   
We just got the Fat Boy for the bow and Fat Buddies for the rear - to sit on top of the rear tanks. The boat went in the water a couple of weeks ago and we only got one ride in before it's been raining, so haven't got a chance to try it out.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-18-2005, 12:56 PM Reply   
Buzz - Who makes the tower on your boat?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-18-2005, 1:23 PM Reply   
Buzz.... I've heard that boat doesn't need any extra weight if you got the four tank system. Other wise I'd just add weight to the nose, or for surfing.

The new Tsunami pumps and sacks are awsome. I'd recomend those, but I don't know what size you'll need.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       05-18-2005, 4:34 PM Reply   
Fatsac,

It is the new Skylon tower, made for the new 05 VLX, and yes, I love it! I checked out several, and did a side-by-side with the Titan 3. The Skylon was by far, much more sturdy, and had better mounts. I also like the looks. Very happy with it. Super easy to fold down, (highest point right about the top of the windshield).

Hairandude,

Went by M2O today just to check out the new place, and ended up picking up the Fly High v-drive sacks,(400 lbs ea) and the Tsunami pump, along with a new handle and line, wetsuit top, and dock buddy. Man! I hate it when that happens, but I am sure I will like the sacks.

CIE,

The VLX does throw a GREAT wake, but I mainly wanted to have one sack for surfing, along with the lead bags. What do you know, they come in a pair, and I figured I would eventually loose my fear of the wake, and want it a bit larger. I also have a few hot riders that will make good use of them. I am pretty sure I will not need any more after this though.

Thanks everyone for your input.