Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (suthaforce)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-12-2010, 6:35 AM Reply   
I broke my S4 last night. Would really like to it replaced by the weekend. I bought it from The House, but they are telling me this morning i have to fill out all kinds of warrenty info (no prob), but it could be several days before they get back to me. I asked to be put through to their warrenty department, but they were not in and she wouldn't gaurentee that they would return my call, wtf? Can you guys suggest what i do? ride out the storm with the house and get my board sometime next year or go to liquid force direct?

i realize it is a tall order to ask for a board by this weekend, but i am willing to help pay for the shipping costs.

Any advice/help would be greatly appericiated.
Old     (jonprehn)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-12-2010, 7:16 AM Reply   
gotta F.L.Y. core you could snag for $250. just an option
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       08-12-2010, 9:09 AM Reply   
I would call them up every 30 minutes to an hour until you talked to someone who could get your claim going. If that doesn't work buy the liquid force and quit shopping at the house.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       08-12-2010, 9:10 AM Reply   
Dave,

A single weekend turnaround on a warranty is extremely fast. Typically what the house will do is collect your information, they may more may not send your board to LF, and LF will send a board your way. The process at it's fastest typically takes a week and a half. The only other way is to get LF to credit The House a board and let them release something to you. That's the fastest way it can be done, but no guarantees, and it needs to pretty much be a very severe break that they can make a call instantly without needing the board itself.
Old     (suthaforce)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-12-2010, 9:24 AM Reply   
i know single weekend turnaround is extreme wishful thinking, but worth a shot especially if im willing to pay for shipping.

i have a call and email into LF, so we will see what happens.

also may have to hit Jon up, that is a good deal on a F.L.Y.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-12-2010, 9:33 AM Reply   
The house is huge and I'm sure they're just "busy" .... but most company's warranty is timely and not how the consumer wants it....
As suggested I would bug the **** out of them

Slingshot always had my warranty issues solved within 2 days -- as in I filed and had my new gear 2 days later (if I did it early enough on the day I filed). They're the best in the biz and you don't have to deal with a middle man (shop you got it from)
Old     (suthaforce)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-12-2010, 10:00 AM Reply   
LF got back to me. They will not warranty as i bought in 5-5-09. The House is saying they MAY warranty, but will take 30 days.

Jon is your FLY a 142? I would be coming off of a 138, anyone think i would notice a different ride? Im 6' 175
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-12-2010, 10:49 AM Reply   
Dave,

I ride for The House, I can help you out here. Here's the skinny, on The House. Right now a few of the main decision makers out of town on Vacation. Left me get a hold of some of the Big wigs there and get you taken care of.
Old     (thehouse)      Join Date: Aug 2010       08-12-2010, 11:05 AM Reply   
Dave,
Understand your frustration with the warranty process. As with all warranty claims, unless painfully obvious as Ben stated, they need to go through the manufacturer, hence the 30 day window. Most take far less to complete. Please note that we try our best to make this process as painless as possible as no one likes to sit on the sidelines. I had a discussion with our CS team as it related to your calls and without an item in hand or photos we could not guarantee a quicker turn around. However in your case, as LF mentioned, the manufacturer warranty no longer applies. Although we cannot replace your item at no cost I'm willing to take eat part of the cost of a replacement. Call in to The House and ask for me and we'll take care of you.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-12-2010, 11:18 AM Reply   
Ask and you shall recieve Kris is the Man he will take good care of you.
Old     (suthaforce)      Join Date: Feb 2004       08-12-2010, 11:32 AM Reply   
Taken care of!! They hooked me up and I will be on the water tomorrow!! Big props to Andy and Kris. Thanks for everyone's help and input!!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-12-2010, 11:46 AM Reply   
No Problem man!
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       08-12-2010, 12:24 PM Reply   
Wow you guys just made me a believer in the house.
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-12-2010, 12:33 PM Reply   
Buizza you should believe in The House, Great company, Good People, Amazing Owners.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       08-12-2010, 1:15 PM Reply   
I have never shopped there. I will check them out next time I need something.
Old     (hyperlink)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-12-2010, 3:42 PM Reply   
Just for that I will wear my House shirt tomorrow after Dave schools me on his new board and I school him in a drinking contest!!
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-12-2010, 4:30 PM Reply   
Brandon, Just because you have a new born faith in The House, I will mail you out another House Tee Pick your Style and I will toss it in the mail, PM me your address and size.

http://www.the-house.com/tshi-thouse.html

Not a ton of them in stock right now, but hey a free Tee is a free Tee!
Old     (hyperlink)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-13-2010, 6:53 AM Reply   
Alright, Now Im really Sold on The House!! Thanks again Andy and The House!!
Old     (tfranklin22)      Join Date: May 2007       08-13-2010, 12:40 PM Reply   
I will scool both of you on the drinking contest and my next purchase will be from the house there customer service really shows!!!
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-13-2010, 2:41 PM Reply   
Just another example of why Andy is the MAN!!!!!!!!! Always willing to help people out. You must have a million karma points stored up by now .
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-13-2010, 4:31 PM Reply   
I love a happy ending Love the house too. Not only for wakeboarding gear, but snowboarding gear two. I am one in a family of four who all snowboard, wakeboard and wakeskate. I shutter to think how much I've spent there I over the years. Have always had great service. I recall a couple years ago getting some snowboard boots there that were too small. I called and they immediately shipped out a size bigger before I even sent back the ones I had. Another added bonus for me, I live four hours away and sometimes I order gear one morning and it's on my front step the next morning! Love it !
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       08-13-2010, 5:09 PM Reply   
Andy, you're the man! Great CS House!