Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 06, 2007

Old     (rhassen)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-07-2007, 11:58 PM Reply   
What's the best way to clean the carpet in your boat where the carpet is not removable? Rug doctors are too messy and don't accommodate the angles and corners of the interior.
Old     (clearlakescott)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-08-2007, 6:50 AM Reply   
I use a small pressure washer with a wide angle tip. All the dirt ends up in the back and I wet vac it out.
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-08-2007, 10:12 AM Reply   
Rick,
I use the rug doctor with the hand attachment.
Works good for the corners and you would be surprised at how much dirt and sand come out of the carpet.
Old     (rhassen)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-08-2007, 10:27 AM Reply   
Thanks guys-good ideas!
Old     (jv210)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-09-2007, 8:30 AM Reply   
I Also use the rug doctor with the hand attachment for the corners. I'm think of getting a hoover steam vac with the turning heads on both the machine and the handheld part for the future.
Old     (lakepirate)      Join Date: May 2007       07-09-2007, 12:37 PM Reply   
Does anyone know if steam cleaning is a good idea? I've been wanting to clean mine up as well
Old     (jv210)      Join Date: Feb 2006       07-09-2007, 12:40 PM Reply   
I know the dealer here steam cleans their carpets, I believe it's just hot water.
Old     (rhassen)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-09-2007, 10:35 PM Reply   
Jason

I own the Hoover steam vac and I'm not impressed with the handheld upholstery tool at all. The main hoover steam vac is acceptable for carpets in our house but the rug doctor is much better from my experience. I think the handheld tool with the rug doctor is the best idea
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       07-10-2007, 6:55 AM Reply   
I'll chime in on the rug doc with the hand attachment... I do this on my boat once a year... I recommend some good carpet shampoo spray the entire floor, let sit, spray again... Scrub with a good brush, then suck out with the hand attachment... Makes the carpet look and feel new!
Old     (nc05lsv)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-10-2007, 3:29 PM Reply   
I use water with a little bleach in it with laundry detergent. soak the floor and then scrub with a brush. I then wet vac it all out. The bleach kills any mildew and gets rid of any bad smell.
Old     (rhassen)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-10-2007, 10:11 PM Reply   
Patrick

I like your idea but does the bleach spot the carpet as it would with clothes? I like the idea of getting out the mildew and any nasty odors but I would worry about the use of bleach on a carpet.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-11-2007, 8:42 AM Reply   
Some manufacturers glue their carpets in, if you steam clean well you can just imagine what would happen.
Old     (nc05lsv)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-11-2007, 6:53 PM Reply   
I have never had any discoloration from the bleach. I use a pretty dilluted concentration of it though. I use about a half cup in a 3 gallon bucket of water/detergent. The first time I did it I did it up under one of the seats and went through the process where it wouldnt be seen. I would suggest doing that before you do the entire carpet. My carpet is gray. Maybe make a difference if the carpet is darker. hope this helps.