Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (ryan387)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-14-2005, 11:20 AM Reply   
does anyone have pics of the Titan Series III? Is it the same as the skylon tribal?
Old     (wildcatx2)      Join Date: Mar 2005       04-14-2005, 1:00 PM Reply   
Hey Ryan, Check out the pics on malibuboats.com. The Titan III is standard on most of there boats.
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-14-2005, 6:44 PM Reply   
I have one on my boat. Here is my gallery. I also may have a few pictures of one empty on some other boats

http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.php?page=out&id=589&cid=48
Old     (ryan387)      Join Date: Mar 2004       04-14-2005, 7:06 PM Reply   
it looks exactly like the skylon tribal. whats the difference?
Old     (wkerat)      Join Date: Sep 2002       04-14-2005, 7:10 PM Reply   
The skylon has a bar that follows the line of the windshield where it mounts and the top part mounts to that. Also the titan is slightly more sturdy imo, which I guess would be the stainless steal. I love the tower for sure, but the skylon is good from what I have heard also.
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-16-2005, 1:46 AM Reply   
Here is the Wakeside ride which includes images of the Skylon Tribal tower:

http://www.wakesiderides.com/rides/index.php?page=out&id=118

Both are great towers. You can only get the Titan Series III from the factory as an option or an authorized Malibu boat dealership.

Wakeside offers the Tribal tower to anyone with a 2005 or newer Malibu. Many are ordering their boats without a tower at all so that they can get the new Tribal tower from Skylon. This is their replacement for their Classic Swoop but Malibu decided not to go with it for 2005 since they are pushing the Illusion X and the Blade tower. They didn't have "room" for four different towers.

However, the Paradise Water Sports in Temecula, CA and Phoenix, AZ both offer the Tribal tower.

Here is the product link:

http://www.wakeside.com/page/W/PROD/skylon_wakeboard_towers/skylon_swoop_tribal_tower

Old     (jlembas)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-16-2005, 7:04 AM Reply   
Hey Mike,

Why does the yellow boat's tower look more swooped than the blue? Did they go through some changes after release?

Jerry Lembas
Fluid Concepts
www.fluidconcepts.net
Old     (wakeside1)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-16-2005, 11:31 AM Reply   
Hi Jerry,

The Blue boat is mine and was one of the early models built. I don't know if they changed the swoop since then. I know they often tweek a tower design the first few weeks before it becomes final.

We like this tower a lot. Seeing it in person is even more impressive than these images. I think Malibu made a mistake not working with Skylon with this tower. Between this one and the Titan Series III, I believe that these tower manufacturers have really hit the mark. This tower is much more rigid than earlier Skylon towers.

I look forward to seeing your new towers very soon.

Mike
Old     (mracrew)      Join Date: Apr 2005       04-16-2005, 5:51 PM Reply   
i think the titan 3 has a cleaner look then the skylon and mounts better. The t3 dosent have the bar by the windshield which would make for a better visual.
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-16-2005, 9:55 PM Reply   
Side by side, both look great to me.