Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 23, 2004

Old    wwsa            08-08-2004, 6:24 AM Reply   
come on out

What is Who Fest:

This will be the first of many to come for Who Fest. This gathering is intended for the wakeboarding community & friends to hang out and ride at a different place every year. This year we have rented out Spring Creek Resort on Bull Shoals Lake for the occasion. Spring Creek Resort has 10 cottages that will sleep a total of 50-55 people in beds. All cottages have fully equipped kitchens, heat and air, television and more. (http://www.bullshoals.com/spring creek/) We have already rented out the resort and have full run of the entire place.

The beds in the cottages will be on a first paid basis. If you have enough people to fill a cottage we can work it out so that your crew will be together. The cost for the resort will be $100 per person for the entire time. We know that we will be able to get a lot more people than 50 and the place will sleep more, just not in beds. If you are not one of the first fifty people to pay $100 you may be crashing on a couch, dock, tent or wherever; however it will still cost 100 bills. After the first 50 beds are paid the rest of the money that comes in will be put back into Who Fest (food and gas for boats). So get your crew together and give Thomas (Who) or Jaysin a call for more details!

When is it? September 4th thru 12th 2004

Where is it? Spring Creek Resort on Bull Shoals Lake,

Isabella, Missouri

How Much is it? $100.00 per person

Live Music Rhetoric September 5th and 6th

Award Winning Tattoo Artist Dylan (DJ) Richardson last

Weekend (10th-12th)

Thomas 417-337-4777

Jaysin 405-816-5995

Spring Creek Resort is labeled G

Directions To Spring Creek Resort

Take I-44 out of St. Louis to Rolla, take 63 south to Cabool, take 60 west to Mansfield, take 5 south to Gainesville, 5 merges with 160 going west. Stay on 160 to HH at Isabella, take HH to our sign, turn left on County Road 622 to Spring Creek Resort

Lodging Information:

Spring Creek 2004 Cottage No. Description
All cottages have fully equipped kitchens

#1 1 double bed, shower, screened porch

#2 & 3 Private bedroom with double bed. Hide-a-bed, shower. Screened porch.

#4 Two private bedrooms, one with double bed. One with double bed, 2 single beds, hide-a-bed, shower.

Screened porch

#5 One private bedroom with double bed. Hide-a-bed, shower, screened porch.

#6 Two private bedrooms, one with double bed. One with double bed, 2 single beds, hide-a-bed, tub & shower,

Screened porch

#7 One private bedroom with double bed. Double bed, single bed and hide-a-bed in living area, shower,

Screened porch

#8 12 X 50 mobile home, 2 private bedrooms, each with double bed, hide-a-bed, tub & shower

#9 Extra large four rooms. Living room & kitchen, 2 bedrooms, 3 double beds, 3 twin beds, hide-a-bed, tub &

Shower

#10 3 private bedroom mobile home, 2 full bathrooms, 3 double beds, 2 single beds, hide-a-bed, large deck
Old    wwsa            08-14-2004, 9:10 AM Reply   
anyone
Old    jeff_h            08-14-2004, 9:26 AM Reply   
We own a resort in Theodosia which is only about 5 miles away from Spring creek. We have the only watersports store around. I might not be able to ride (broken leg) but I am gonna come for sure. I probably wont stay at the resort but I do have gas money.
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-14-2004, 10:13 AM Reply   
Jaysin, I copied and pasted your post to another forum...maybe you'll get some responses.
Sounds like a great time, and anyone who lives around this area knows that Bull Shoals is a fantastic lake to board on!
If you haven't been down here before, check it out...you'll be back!
Old    wwsa            08-14-2004, 11:17 AM Reply   
yes i saw an older post and emailed you an invite. Yes for sure come out durring the days and hang. I will talk to kyle schmit and aaron somtime this week and see if they are going to make it.
Old    wwsa            08-14-2004, 11:19 AM Reply   
hey thanks I emailed you I have an older couple (guiter players parents) that are looking for a smaller cabin close to spring creek What is your # and i will have them contact you.

I know it is an awesome place, I grew up in kimberling city. I have been out there a few times.
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-14-2004, 11:29 AM Reply   
Go to www.soakupthesuninc.com for all the info on our place.
We are about 3 miles down 160 from HH, so all in all, about 6 miles from Spring Creek.
Our number at the store & resort is (417) 273-4711.
Old    wwsa            08-14-2004, 8:32 PM Reply   
ok thanks
Old    wwsa            08-18-2004, 5:23 AM Reply   
on top
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-18-2004, 7:28 AM Reply   
How many people do you have signed up? I've been telling everyone who comes into the shop about it, so you might get a few locals...
Old     (dtb)      Join Date: May 2002       08-18-2004, 9:17 AM Reply   
who is providing boats and how many will be there, will it be hang out on shore and take a set or hang in the boat? can we pitch a tent somewhere if the cabins are full? do you expect more of a turnout for the first or second weekend?
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-18-2004, 8:09 PM Reply   
Sounds like some questions for Jaysin...
Bump back up!
Old    wwsa            08-19-2004, 6:46 AM Reply   
more of a turnout for the first weekend, will be some boats to get a ride (if you hook up with someone) but if you have one you would want to bring it. Tent room yes, when you go out in the boat you will probably hang out on it most of the time.
Old    wwsa            08-19-2004, 6:34 PM Reply   
we have decided if you are bringing your own wakeboard boat that you wont have to pay the 100 dollars for your bed so if you are bringing 5 guys with a boat it would cost 400 for everyone
Old    wwsa            08-20-2004, 8:05 AM Reply   
dtb hook up an email jaysin@thewwsa.com
Old    wwsa            08-23-2004, 5:08 AM Reply   
hey we are going 2 have a who fest shirt made up so bring 10 bucks for a shirt
Old    wwsa            08-24-2004, 1:59 PM Reply   
10-4 will do.......
Old    wwsa            08-27-2004, 9:41 PM Reply   
one week away
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-28-2004, 5:11 AM Reply   
Hey Jaysin,
Our local newspaper rep was in the store yesterday getting our ad for our Labor Day Sale, and I told him about Who Fest. He may be contacting you to do a write up in the paper, if you want. His name is Steve and he is with the Ozark County Times. I wasn't sure if you wanted any publicity... or not!
Old    wwsa            08-29-2004, 5:36 PM Reply   
yes that would be fine
405-816-5995
Old    wwsa            09-01-2004, 5:33 AM Reply   
got to put this up top agian
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-01-2004, 8:13 PM Reply   
Giving a boost to the top!
Those of you who have never been to Bull Shoals Lake should really try to make it down for this...if you are within a decent driving time. The lake is beautiful, un-crowded, and we are supposed to have great weather this weekend.
Come on down...Road Trip!
Old     (jnewcom)      Join Date: Mar 2003       09-01-2004, 8:31 PM Reply   
Jaysin
We're going to be at Norfork this weekend and might come up there for a day. Is there going to be a certain place on the lake everyone will be at?
Old    wwsa            09-02-2004, 8:39 PM Reply   
spring creek come on out for sho.
spring creek resort
Old    wwsa            09-02-2004, 8:42 PM Reply   
Lauri We will have live music on sunday even around 6 or so bring everyone you know we want a big turn out for the show. Family Welcome