Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old    simba            08-12-2003, 6:18 PM Reply   
Which to use in north florida this winter?

(Message edited by simba on August 12, 2003)
Old    ridehyco            08-12-2003, 6:53 PM Reply   
Yikes! too early to be talking like that!
I dont use either in North Carolina.

:-)

H
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-12-2003, 7:07 PM Reply   
Not too sure how cold it gets in North Florida during the winter but for NorCal (50-55 degree water) - drysuit all the way... Easy on and off.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-13-2003, 1:44 AM Reply   
im in north florida myself and went the route of shorty to full suit to FINALLY a dry suit, get the dry and you will be happy...just ignore the people calling you names (its what i do) water temps down to 58 last winter and the dry suit along with a heater kept us going all the way through the winter
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-13-2003, 1:46 AM Reply   
by the way where in N.FL are you at?
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-13-2003, 5:29 AM Reply   
I'm in NC and I use a dry suit in the winter.... I don't know where Hunt is but it's not near me!!! Looks like by the name you ride HYCO.... now tell everyone that it has a hot spot by the power plant.... Here the water temps definetly go into the 50's ..... this march we were riding in 52 degree water... I think that justifies a dry suit. to me the dry suit is way better cause it's easier to get on and off and you stay dry...... just my .02$

alex

hey hunt, do you ride with a guy named Jeff???he has a Malibu.... he rides hyco most of the time but has been living in CLT. He's come up a few times and ridden with us in Hickory.... later
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-13-2003, 6:24 AM Reply   
Stayin dry while sitting in the boat is worth the cost. I was stubborn and wore a wetsuit prior to last season. Not sure what the hell I was thinking!
Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-13-2003, 7:11 AM Reply   
Where can i get a good deal on a dry suit??? how do you do the sizing??
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       08-13-2003, 7:25 AM Reply   
Dry Suits, do they work realy good? When you eat it hard does water ever get in? What do you wear under it?
Old    aka Bradley Beach            08-13-2003, 7:31 AM Reply   
You can wear whatever you want under it, because it's "DRY"! Geez dude I'm in Kansas and don't get out the drysuit till nov/dec. What are you thinking bringing up drysuits in aug???
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       08-13-2003, 7:34 AM Reply   
I wear polly pro long underwear.... patagonia expedition weight... or sweat pants... polly propolene will wick moisture away from your body and still keep you warm if it gets wet.... keep in mind that these suits are made to keep water out..... they don't breathe so any sweat or water that may leak in stays in....
water does come in if you fall hard.... usually just a very small amount... I've got small wrists so I get a little water coming in there.... I just hold my arm down while I'm riding and pull the seal away from my wrist and let it drain out..... usually it's not more than about 2 tablespoons.....
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       08-13-2003, 8:06 AM Reply   
Sid here you go.

http://www.shuswapsnb.com/O'Neill.html

Best customer service you will find.
Old    boofhead            08-13-2003, 10:22 AM Reply   
In the U.K. we use a 5/3 wetsuit in winter and that does the job fine, a thermal rash vest is useful as well though. It can get seriously cold here. Ive used dry suits and found them way too constricting - cheap suit I guess
Old    holbywan            08-13-2003, 10:55 AM Reply   
I think it's too early even to start thinking about it but I bought an O'Neil Drysuit last year. I could not even think about wearing a wetsuit anymore. I am warm and toasty dry in my drysuit! You can wear a sweatsuit underneath.

No question - DRY. Worth every penny.

Old     (jonori)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-13-2003, 11:45 AM Reply   
I am going to buy one this year. After talking to my friends that own the O'Neil drysuit and the Bare Dry suit, I am going to go with the Bare. What is everone's opinion on the 2.
Old    tyerone44            08-13-2003, 12:33 PM Reply   
I love my Bare drysuit
Old     (lchamaschuk)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-13-2003, 1:14 PM Reply   
The O'Neil dry for sure - the material is a whole lot nicer than the Bare (less noisy), and the zippers are way better quality