Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 09, 2007

Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-15-2007, 3:42 PM Reply   
I need to find a pair of board racks. I know everyone has their preferences, so I figured I'd ask if anyone has had problems w/ a certain rack?
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-15-2007, 4:59 PM Reply   
I was not happy with my Wake Design racks. They did not impress me with customer service either. I doubt I will ever buy another Wake Design product again. It was hard to get the boards in and out. The rubber on the forks would come off. The chrome started to pit and peal after 8-9 months. They are made from pot metal which is a weak metal and not good for chroming.

I love my new Fluid series 2 racks. Great customer service and great product.
Old     (detonate69)      Join Date: Apr 2001       03-15-2007, 6:55 PM Reply   
I have a pair of Wakedesigns racks and well I'm not happy with them. They are one year old and the black from the rubber gets all over stuff and the chrome doesn't stay clean very well. I'm looking to unload them cheap if anyone wants them despite my problems.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       03-15-2007, 6:59 PM Reply   
I've got four of the Titan/Wakeside Battle Racks and I love them and would highly recommend them.
Old     (99_slaunch)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-15-2007, 7:22 PM Reply   
David
here is some one looking for W.D. racks in the want to buy section(accessories)

By Dylan (brdn4life) on Monday, February 19, 2007 - 10:33 pm:

Looking for a pair of the new style wakeboard racks by wake designs in the chrome finish. They can be new or used. I have a proflight tower so i would need the ones that fit the 1 3/8 to 2 inch towers. So yea, let me know
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       03-15-2007, 7:35 PM Reply   
I'm with Aaron, Fluid Concepts, solid racks and great customer service when ordering directly from them.
Ask for Tom, he is the owner, very knowledgeable and will cut a sweet deal!
Old     (supreme_rob)      Join Date: Sep 2005       03-15-2007, 8:45 PM Reply   
Another one for fluid concepts, extremely happy with the way they hold the boards nice and tight, quality is excellent!
Old     (bakesonlinecom)      Join Date: Feb 2006       03-16-2007, 12:38 AM Reply   
The new Titan DL-X rack is pretty slick. I also really like the solid one piece racks from Westwinds.

Depends on what boat you have though...the Westwinds are for Malibu Illusion X tower only.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       03-16-2007, 8:04 AM Reply   
first boat had wake design and they dinged up my boads bad and rattled.

second boat had skylon bat rack and they seemed to work okay.

third boat I have Titan Low Rider Racks and Love them. No rattle, no dings on my boards because of the black plastic on the board arms. They are cheap in price than most. I would buy them again if I was in the market. All Titan stuff seems really solid. There website sucks and is never updated, but good product.
Old     (longhornfan)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-16-2007, 8:18 AM Reply   
I just got a pair of Monster Board Racks. I like that the width of the teeth are adjustable so when my son's wakeboard gets here I won't have to wory about it fitting. Haven't got them mounted or tested since my tower doesn't get here 'till today but it looks like a well built solid product.
Old     (fletch_tx)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-16-2007, 8:29 AM Reply   
I needed some extra board racks because we often have more than 4 boards on the boat. I chose the Monster racks because they are removable with a quick-release clamp....which is great for me because it makes it easier to pull into my boat storage.....it's a tight fit. They're well made for sure, and I'm completely happy with them....
Old     (ccryder)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-16-2007, 8:33 AM Reply   
I like Nice Rack, great quality and the sling shot pivot mechanism is top notch and well designed. You can get them flames or mellow on the backing plate.
Old     (marknjenn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       03-16-2007, 10:10 AM Reply   
I'm not real happy with the Mako racks I have, I had to do a lot of "customizing" to keep them from spinning and sliding. I am pretty sure they aren't around anymore so getting replacement parts is kind of a pain.
Old     (keith2002)      Join Date: Apr 2006       03-17-2007, 7:19 PM Reply   
I just saw the new NVS racks at Tracy Boat Sales this morning and they look sick! They have one that holds two boards and one that holds 4 boards. They are removable and you can get a mount for your wall so you can keep your boards in the racks on your wall.
Old     (boardr2d)      Join Date: Jul 2004       03-17-2007, 10:21 PM Reply   
Dbot5 all the way, have quick release, 3rd board (wakeskate, surfer) attachment, or they have a straight up wakeskate or surfer rack (all board spaces are extra wide)
Upload
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-19-2007, 8:54 PM Reply   
A lot of racks have come and gone....mostly gone. Gone because of messin up the edge of your weapon.
For me the best on the market is the Nice Rack with the Sling Shot if you need/want the rotation. Or, if you need more storage check out he NVS Arsenal IV....yes we're making racks now too.
Bigger boats, more people, more boards means more storage requirements. Here is a pic of 4 boards secured on one location of an Illusion. Can be mounted on any traditional tower as well with quick release. WILL NOT MESS with Your BOARD EDGE! (because it doesn't even contact your board edge at the bottom of the slot)
Upload
Old     (nvsairwarrior)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-19-2007, 8:56 PM Reply   
Oh, if you want to SEE the RACK, you'll have to go to www.NVS1.net.
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-20-2007, 7:57 PM Reply   
I wondered how those racks worked. I couldn't figure how the top two boards wouldn't come in contact w/ the sides. Thanks for the pic!

I think I remember seeing a pic of someone w/ some custom CNC done on it recently. Anyone remember what brand they were?
Old     (ridininmd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       03-21-2007, 2:31 PM Reply   
The custom CNCed ones are made by Lucky Devil. I'm in the process of ordering a set from them now. They've been awesome to deal with, really quick responses and they've sent me several mock ups of my design to make sure it's exactly what I want. I think they've sent me 6 different designs now, using my ideas and then a couple little tweaks.
Old     (rson)      Join Date: Jun 2002       03-21-2007, 2:34 PM Reply   
If I had to choose a rack to stay away from, I would go for anything larger than F's and smaller than A's.

my .02
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-21-2007, 3:13 PM Reply   
An excellent post Rich! Somewhere in between is mighty nice.
Old     (attila916)      Join Date: Oct 2005       03-21-2007, 6:33 PM Reply   
Anything that comes with an illusion tower
Old     (jrhurst)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-28-2007, 2:19 PM Reply   
rich ,, i think u worded that wrong ;)
Old     (carcrz)      Join Date: Mar 2006       03-28-2007, 4:27 PM Reply   
good catch. Even I didn't see that one.