Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-23-2014, 6:38 AM Reply   
Gettin kinda bored so what has everybody done to their boat this winter? If you got a new boat post pics also.

I will start.

I SOMEHOW found the perfect sized mirror arm on ebay for my 97 ss. Oh and i won the auction for 10 bucks! It had 13 dollar shipping so for 23 bucks i got this mirror arm!

It has a sweet knob that lets you take it off so it can fit under my garage door and not get hit by bugs while traveling.
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       02-23-2014, 7:07 AM Reply   
It's about damn time! Hopefully this place will start picking up. I started my install on my '14 A22 last weekend. Re wired the tower and inboats , and hung the rev 3 some, and put in 6 xs650 rgb with green led rings on everything. I'm going to be starting the amp rack this week. Here's a few pics of the progress

Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-23-2014, 7:21 AM Reply   
Our new 2014 is sitting at the dealer waiting for some warmer weather so we can pick it up. Once the snow is gone and we can get it home I will start working on it. Will be adding a sub and Rev10's to the stock stereo along with a couple of amps. Will be adding 930 lb envy style sacs to the back for surfing with diverters and cross over pumps. Adding a second battery and a few other smalls things. One of these years I will hit the lottery so I don't have to install the options myself to save cash. But I kind of like doing it as it allows me to kind of "get to know" the new boat each year. Plus it really helps the resale saving the labor. I can do the options with the same components as the factory for about 1/3 of the price.
Attached Images

Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       02-23-2014, 7:24 AM Reply   
@Bryce…BTW great looking A22. Love the colors. I know your excited!!
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       02-23-2014, 7:33 AM Reply   
Gotta say love my boat all the work into it and its paid for. But you guts make me wanna buy a new one
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-23-2014, 7:49 AM Reply   
New boat is on order. Upgrades will start once it arrives.The stereo will get Arc Audio amps a jl sub a set of rev 10's and a 420 EQ to start. It will also get led's all the way around larger enzo style ballast sacks, Samson board racks, window tint and a Deckadence floor mat. Spray date is the 26th super excited
Attached Images

Old     (Caliguy8070)      Join Date: Nov 2013       02-23-2014, 10:17 AM Reply   
Bryce those LED's look really good. Ive been wanting to do that to my boat. is it difficult at all and also is it pretty costly for them?
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-23-2014, 10:48 AM Reply   
H, can't wait to surf that baby!!! No decals I hope!
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       02-23-2014, 10:54 AM Reply   
Thanks Erik. They are really not that hard. I got a pretty good deal on the Rev 10 speaker rings. They are still pretty expensive for just rings though IMO. Mike's Liquid Audio (chpthril) has a guy machine the 650 rings so they're perfect, and he solders the leads onto the LED's for an affordable price. He also does cupholder rings which Im still debating on doing. You'll have to get with him on pricing if your intererested. I bought a 1000' of 22/2 wire for like 50 bucks it seems like, and I run all my LEDs on that. I bought the xs650 RGB's, and just used the green and wired them to the LED ring, and crimped them to my 22/2 wire and daisy chained them all together. Pretty easy IMO. I got all the speakers swapped out, holes cut in the bow, everything rewired (minus the tower because it took forever), all the LEDs wired and speakers in 8 hours.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-23-2014, 12:35 PM Reply   
I finally got around to building a back seat and bolsters for the old inboard. I also scratched up a new flywheel with a rear mounted ring gear so I can now run a top mounted starter. (Thank heaven) My starter sits right in the bilge and salt water kills them pretty darn quick. Every time I take one over the bow I think "there goes another starter!"
I thought I had saved up enough cash for a full stereo install until the dog smoked her ACL and #2 son broke both bones in his forearm. Looks like another ipod summer...At least the seat has cup holders..
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-23-2014, 12:57 PM Reply   
Tony no decals they will be shipped lose. might use them on the camper LOL
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       02-23-2014, 1:57 PM Reply   
Im gonna finally convert my 97 super sport into a SAN with some decals that are coming in next week. Boat has factory fct2 tower, perfect pass and 2200 in triple ballast. I think she can be a SAN now. Pics later.
Old     (brichter14)      Join Date: Jul 2010       03-04-2014, 4:22 PM Reply   
Some updates,

Added a second battery and perko switch. Changed my old thru hulls to stainless and added some new decals.

Old     (kcxstar1)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-05-2014, 12:36 PM Reply   
Pretty excited about this years upgrades, two years ago I stripped all the stickers off and wrapped the boat, last year was stereo upgrades, LEDs and trailer love, this year is all new upholstry. Many thanks to Jim a Viper Customs for working with me on the latest project.
Attached Images

Old     (cbarguy1)      Join Date: Dec 2012       03-05-2014, 12:50 PM Reply   
Brian, love the interior in your X. It looks like the new vinyl MC is using. I've got a 2008 that may need an upgrade some day. What did viper charge for that if I can ask.

BTW, my planned upgrades are new trailer bunks and a new (additional) JL amp to get more power to the tower.

Diggin the Surf Supreme too. It's one of my favorite new boats. Congrats!
Attached Images

Last edited by cbarguy1; 03-05-2014 at 12:54 PM.
Old     (kcxstar1)      Join Date: Mar 2010       03-06-2014, 2:24 PM Reply   
Cbarguy1, sent you a PM. I am very happy with the results. I had used a couple of other people in my area for pieces of the interior over the years and I did not care for their work, so I chose to drive it down to Viper. I do love the look of your special edition boat.