Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 18, 2008

Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-29-2007, 1:35 PM Reply   
I have been seeing alot of questions about weather or not an oven can be used to mold the bindings, so I called Ronix to get everything straight and here is what I was told;

"The bindings should be molded on an Intuition heater for 5 minutes at 119 celsius. Leaving the boots on longer can damage the boots. The only safe way to mold the liners without the use of the heater is by use, body heat and weight."

Just some information gathered from Ashley at Ronix and thought I would share.
Old     (evank)      Join Date: Nov 2007       11-29-2007, 1:50 PM Reply   
When I bought my Ronix bindings I didnt get them heatmolded because I was told its the same as just breaking them in which I chose to do.It just skips the break in process.
Old     (reachjims)      Join Date: Aug 2007       11-29-2007, 2:11 PM Reply   
a guy at performance ski and surf told me that he just rode his and they broke in. i have ridden my about a dozen times and it seems as though each time it gets easier to get in and out of them.
Old    sdahockey21            11-29-2007, 2:33 PM Reply   
The heat molding is great, but what really gets them going is riding, the more i ride them the more i love them!! I rode them first w/o heat molding the would hurt my arch A tad but i was only being picky because the were supposed to me SOO comfortable, so then i got them molded and then it started to hurt my arch about 10 min into riding, and about 10 or so sessions after that the pain went away all together and every time i ride them they get even better!! The only time my feet start to hurt is on really choppy days