Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-24-2012, 7:26 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattieK27 View Post
I thought Travis made some good points, but here is my issue. He talks about all the arguing, fighting, mud sligging, etc. I seem to recall Mastercraft being the most blatent ones at doing those activities, case in point Zane's Apple style "commercials" on YouTube that make fun of the other major brands. So now we should all just hold hands and get along when MC stumbles?
This is exactly it, and it is no surprise that those in the MC camp just don't see it. The air of superiority shown by those affiliated with MC is tiring and people will not forget it when MC has their share of issues. We even have to endure MC salesmen on here posting crap like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alans View Post
MasterCraft is a decade ahead of Malibu when it comes to how the boat is built. There is not a doubt in my mind that we are going to see a big shift in resale over the next few years. Storage has always been a deal breaker for me with Malibu. Don't forget about the Ilmor engines, they are absolutely stronger than their Indmar counterparts. I guarantee that the Imor engines will be a hot commodity when it come to resale with the new MC's. The X-30 is 500lbs heavier than the 23 LSV; it is pretty obvious where it comes from when you water test the two boats.

I would worry more about the Malibu kool-aid drinkers on here, apparently they have not actually seen what other manufacturers have been doing over the past 5 years. Tige is taking big bites out of their market share and I think they deserve it.

This is the same attitude and unsubstantiated marketing BS that I received from MC salesmen in person as well. I think that MC makes great boats but they really need to change their approach and overall coorporate message regarding other brands. Needless to say I took my business elsewhere and couldn’t be happier.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-24-2012, 8:17 AM Reply   
Marketing BS Really?

It is my opinion and here are some pictures that illustrate whey I have formed it.

"Storage has always been a deal breaker for me with Malibu."

Malibu 23 LSV vs. MasterCraft X-25
Attached Images

Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-24-2012, 8:23 AM Reply   
Quote:
Marketing BS Really?

It is my opinion and here are some pictures that illustrate whey I have formed it.

"Storage has always been a deal breaker for me with Malibu."

Malibu 23 LSV vs. MasterCraft X-25
Honestly MC needs to have more storage since you can only have 2 racks on their towers now. That is the the big plus for the G3, you can have four racks and surf pockets in the bimini.

What sucks is once you put your boards in storage like that you have less room than the LSV does for the storage of other things. This isn't a malibu is better than MC statement, I just question why all these manufacturers are going to towers that only can have 2 racks on them when the boats can hold 16 people?

Last edited by cjh1669; 05-24-2012 at 8:33 AM.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       05-24-2012, 8:31 AM Reply   
That is a good point. It would be nice to have the option for more racks.
Old     (Brett_B)      Join Date: Sep 2010       05-24-2012, 8:33 AM Reply   
Hilarious, out of all that you selectively want to focus on the storage comment? I guess I don't blame you for wanting to deflect after all your statements. I'll make it a bit easier since you missed it the first time:

Quote:
MasterCraft is a decade ahead of Malibu when it comes to how the boat is built.
Quote:
There is not a doubt in my mind that we are going to see a big shift in resale over the next few years.
Quote:
Don't forget about the Ilmor engines, they are absolutely stronger than their Indmar counterparts.
Quote:
I guarantee that the Imor engines will be a hot commodity when it come to resale with the new MC's.
Quote:
The X-30 is 500lbs heavier than the 23 LSV; it is pretty obvious where it comes from when you water test the two boats.
Quote:
I would worry more about the Malibu kool-aid drinkers on here, apparently they have not actually seen what other manufacturers have been doing over the past 5 years.
Quote:
Tige is taking big bites out of their market share and I think they deserve it.
Unsubstantiated marketing BS. Every single one of those sentences. That you cannot grasp this is pretty much the entire reason this thread exists. Seriously, a lot of us like MC boats, we just don't like your message. I don't know how many other ways people need to say it.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-24-2012, 8:35 AM Reply   
It's my big hang up wiht both MC and Tige. Alan you and I have talked before, and I actually want to demo an x25 and x30 at standley this year. I just don't understand why the towers are getting less helpful in the storage arena.

Where it really screws us is we have a sky ski also, so then we are down to one rack for boards on a 22-23 ft boat. Almost everyone we have out rides their own Equipment. Makes it tough.

Last edited by cjh1669; 05-24-2012 at 8:39 AM.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-24-2012, 9:15 AM Reply   
In all of my time wakeboarding over 12 years, I have never put a board in my boat's storage area. The boards are in the racks OR in the walkway to the bow if we have a few extra on the rare occasion. I see this as a strange desire and I would much rather solve this with additional board racks on the tower.
Old    sperbet            05-24-2012, 10:23 AM Reply   
^^^This.

If a board is so rarely used that it's in a storage compartment then why is it even in the boat to begin with. I see in-boat storage as a place for beer, food, backpacks, towels, etc. Racks on the tower are for the wakeboards. When we ride, every single person has their own setup. I can't imagine having 8+ riders in the boat with 8+ setups and only 2 racks. That seems a bit ridiculous.
Old     (austin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-24-2012, 10:24 AM Reply   
I'm not an expert, and I'll probably never ride behind either of them. But if someone offered me a choice right now between a free G23 and the new Xstar. I would definitely choose the G23 in an instant based mainly on the appearance of the wakes of both boats in the pictures and videos I've seen. I think any objective observer would agree that the G23 wake LOOKS amazingly clean and that the new Xstar wake LOOKS surprisingly rough and washy. Even if the Xstar wake is more rideable than it looks, I would still be concerned about how clean it would be at various speeds or various weight setups. Based on appearances, I would bet the G23 wake is going to be comfortably rideable at a lot more speeds, rope lengths, and weight setups than the new Xstar.

Hyperbole, bias, and all that aside, I think it's undeniable that the G23 wake looks much cleaner than the new Xstar wake in the pics and vids available on the internet.
Old     (driving)      Join Date: Jan 2003       05-24-2012, 10:25 AM Reply   
Sorry, I couldn't stay away. You guys have sucked me into the vortex of evil. Look, I'm not speaking on the behalf of MC...I'm speaking on my behalf. I'm not asking for a free pass or trying to put on an air of superiority, just telling you how I feel. So don't think ANYONE from MC has directed me because they haven't. I know the boat as well as anyone so that's why I offered some info. And thought I would bring up the tone if the conversation, because in my opinion it is the cancer of this industry. I would say the same thing I you were talking about CC or any other manufacturer. It's crazy. It's a common topic of me and my friends. There are a lot of great boats, boards, etc. out there. Do I think the brands I have been lucky enough to be affiliated with are the best? I do. If I could buy any setup in the world, I would buy the one I have. Period.

Now I'm officially out. For good.
Old     (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       05-24-2012, 10:51 AM Reply   
IMO, Besides the riders who were pulled by the new star, Travis is the most qualified to comment on the true performance of the new X-Star as I am sure he has logged many hours behind the wheel. All we can do is go by what we have seen from our computer with a coffe in hand. Travis has been on the front lines with this beast. Weather he is paid or not, he still has an opinion that holds more weight than spectortors who believe they have all the answers.

Like the old saying, innocent untill proven guilty... Too soon to draw conclusions. Everyone on this board tells all new boat buyers NOT to believe everything you read/hear from others... GO TEST THE BOAT OUT FOR YOURSELF! and then decide.. cant we all follow our own advise?
Old     (dbdb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       05-24-2012, 10:54 AM Reply   
Travis,
I don't think many people on here think you are putting on an air of superiority. Infact, I think the opposite. I think our sport has the most down to earth pros of any other sport. Many of the pro's I have met have given me way more time than I would have ever expected. I even started a thread around January about how great and easy Erik Ruck was to talk to. A few years ago at an event, Shane Bonifay and a few others invited me to sit and chat with them awhile. I know that many others on this board have had the exact same experience and most regard them the same way.

When people on here are talking about an "air of superiority" they are talking about alot of salesmen and some other d-bag MC owners who tend to think that anything less than a Mastercraft isn't worth owning and regurgitate all of the things that their boss or saleman told them. This does go on with almost all the other brands as well. Being in the position you and some of the other pros are in, I'd bet you haven't been exposed to it since its probably been awhile since you've had to walk into a showroom and buy a boat without knowing anyone. There is nothing wrong with that, infact, I am jealous. It happens though.

Please start a new thread and share some of the expierence you've had with this boat. The previous XStar was the boat that most people measured, good or bad, other boats against. We are all anxious to learn more about this boat.
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-24-2012, 10:55 AM Reply   
I want to know what Harley landed!
Old     (crosenhahn)      Join Date: Feb 2008       05-24-2012, 11:03 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdb View Post
Travis,
Please start a new thread and share some of the expierence you've had with this boat. The previous XStar was the boat that most people measured, good or bad, other boats against. We are all anxious to learn more about this boat.
That would be great too read.

Last edited by crosenhahn; 05-24-2012 at 11:10 AM.
Old     (9645glazier)      Join Date: Feb 2012       05-24-2012, 11:04 AM Reply   
I'm really hoping Travis posts up a thread with info on speeds, rope lengths, weight configs, etc. on the boat.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-24-2012, 11:46 AM Reply   
Agree completely.

By his own logic, anyone comparing an x30 to a z3 or 230 should buy the z3 or 230.
Liter for liter the PCM poweplants produce more torque and HP at the crank then any other motor on the market. Also, the z3 is 300lbs heavier than an x30 and the Nautique about 50lbs heavier. So
Therefore your x30 customers should be looking elsewhere...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brett_B View Post
Unsubstantiated marketing BS. Every single one of those sentences. That you cannot grasp this is pretty much the entire reason this thread exists. Seriously, a lot of us like MC boats, we just don't like your message. I don't know how many other ways people need to say it.

Last edited by simplej; 05-24-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old     (jperkinsttu)      Join Date: Mar 2008       05-24-2012, 1:02 PM Reply   
I don't agree that the bantering back and forth over pics of a wake and a boat are the cancer of the industry. I don't even think uptight owners of any boat are the cancer. If anything, and this is completely my opinion, I think it adds to the curiosity of future buyers. If there is no competition for the industry and there is one outright leader then history tells us that usually the quality starts to give a little if people dont think twice before buying. These threads keep this site alive and kicking and offer up a place for people to discuss what they would like to on a day to day basis in person but cannot due to being around others that aren't as interested. Let everyone have their opinions and let others rip them a new one for thinking different. What fun would it be for everyone to bow down to a popular opinion? I want my opinion to be heard as much as the next guy but if you can't take a little heat for voicing it then just sit back and enjoy the show no need to get butt hurt about it (and no I'm not pointing fingers, it's a general statement). Long live freedom of speech! Down with MC! (jk on the last one haha)
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-24-2012, 1:11 PM Reply   
2nd comp the G23 will be towing this weekend live on www.masterswaterski.com/video.
lets see how she does...
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-24-2012, 1:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by migs View Post
2nd comp the G23 will be towing this weekend live on www.masterswaterski.com/video.
lets see how she does...
Anyways......back to the new x-star!
Old    9Drozd            05-24-2012, 1:24 PM Reply   
I find this thread quite entertaining. Everyone was going at it picking the boat apart, then all of a sudden Travis throws in his thoughts on the boat and low and behold everyone seems to have quit voicing their opinion. No offense to Travis but he is sponsered by MC, what do you expect him to say. I'm sure if you asked him about the new G23 all he would say is that its a great boat and leave it at that. As with asking Murray about the new star he would say its a great boat and go no further. I'm not brand loyal and could careless which boat is perceived better than others, but looking at the boat from a finished product perspective, the boat just doesn't seem to cut the mustard. Yes people are going to compare the new g23 to the new star as both are CC & MC new flagship boats. The boat looks like it was deffinitely rushed to get it into the tour this year. I'm willing to bet that had CC not released their new boat, we would still see the 2011 star pulling the tour.

To the people getting so butt hurt in this thread need to chill out, it is only a thread. Post valid and legitimate arguments that aren't biased and have fun tearing each other apart, that way when called out you don't look stupid.
Old     (Bill_Dad)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-24-2012, 1:28 PM Reply   
opinions they are like arse holes everyone has one!!!!!!
seriously Travis come on here to give you some insight into the boat and you guys flame him, good on you. !!!!
Those that know Travis will tell you he is straight up about everything.
Harley has landed several new trick behind the new xstar, i dont think anything new has been landed behind the new g23 yet!!!!!!!!!
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       05-24-2012, 1:44 PM Reply   
Give props to MC and CC for even putting time into designing boats with bigger wakes and anemities to push our sport. Without these boats, good or bad, ugly or washy wakes, where would we be? Sacking out direct drives? Be thankful these companies have been at the forefront of pushing our sport. Both have and will make mistakes in the future and yes I agree that taking shots at either boat when a person has no experience with it is pretty ridiculous. Opinions are welcome from anyone and everyone on here, thats why it's a forum. Yet, trying to state factual information regarding either boat or picking them apart when a person hasnt even seen one in person is crazy.

Bill I have no intention of picking a side boat wise, but the G23 did set history when both Harley and Derome landed "wake to wake" 1080's in a contest. "from my understand" that has never been done before in contest. Double up, yes. Not wake to wake. That happened at the first tournament the G23 pulled in.

Disclaimer: In no way does the previous statement about the G23 mean I chose one or the other, simply stating that it did set history from my understanding
Disclaimer#2: Its sad I have to have a disclaimer #1 just so I don't get my head ripped off haha
Old    sperbet            05-24-2012, 1:47 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_Dad View Post
Harley has landed several new trick behind the new xstar, i dont think anything new has been landed behind the new g23 yet!!!!!!!!!
Harley is a cyber wakeboarding robot from the year 2050. Your argument is invalid
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            05-24-2012, 1:48 PM Reply   
Im not going to disagree with Harley's dad...have you seen him? He'll break me with one hand lol! But he is right about Travis.

Glad to hear Harley is landing new tricks and looking forward to seeing his videos soon.
Old    9Drozd            05-24-2012, 1:49 PM Reply   
Quote:
opinions they are like arse holes everyone has one!!!!!!
seriously Travis come on here to give you some insight into the boat and you guys flame him, good on you. !!!!
Those that know Travis will tell you he is straight up about everything.
If you want to look at it that way. Bob soven landed his Trifecta behind a 230 and by definition the 230 is an inferior wake to the G23. How many new tricks did parks land behind the old star.

Last edited by 9Drozd; 05-24-2012 at 1:58 PM.
Old     (Bill_Dad)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-24-2012, 2:22 PM Reply   
the format at wakegames after the main contest was you have 2 hits at it and thats it, so you get to have a free shot at it.
Yes harley and Olie landed w2w1080's, but again nothing that hasnt already been done behind harleys old xstar.
So what everybody is saying now is that the new xtsar is an inferior wake by your definition, and harley has landed a trick that has never been done before and another trick as well that is w2w
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            05-24-2012, 2:31 PM Reply   
Looking forward to seeing Harleys stuff. Kid is amazing

Wheres that thread with the Nashville Predators chick "wake boarder"?? Need some eye candy and less bickering to finish off my day
Old     (brazosfreak05)      Join Date: May 2009       05-24-2012, 2:32 PM Reply   
Bill-Is harley going to save this untill the "trick of the year"?

I dont think i can wait that long.
Old     (Bill_Dad)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-24-2012, 2:37 PM Reply   
MC are doing a video clip now and have some insane footage of Rusty ,Steel, Shota and Harley riding. Hopefully the clip will be out really soon. Both of Harleys tricks are w2w.
some eye candy would be nice agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old    9Drozd            05-24-2012, 2:41 PM Reply   
No, by my deffinition the new star should be a superior wake to the old one and this is what everyone is arguing about because it's not looking like it is a superior wake. Same with the g23 to 230 example. My point being is that regardless of wake new tricks have been landed by pros. So I don't see Harley landing a new trick being relevant to the boat. My argument is that did the new wake REALLY help land this new trick or was it the skill of the rider involved.

Last edited by 9Drozd; 05-24-2012 at 2:46 PM.
Old     (Jmaxymek)      Join Date: Feb 2012       05-24-2012, 2:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9Drozd View Post
If you want to look at it that way. Bob soven landed his Trifecta behind a 230 and by definition the 230 is an inferior wake to the G23. How many new tricks did parks land behind the old star.
Now correct me if I am wrong, because I have not looked into this at all, but Parks isn't competing much anymore, if at all. He doesn't really have a need to progress his riding, although didn't he stick a Double Mobe of some sort earlier this year/late last year? Bob still competes and is progressing his riding, landing new tricks.

Also, defining the 230 wake as inferior doesn't sound right. Yes the G23 is newer and some will say better, but they are different boats creating different wakes. It is a matter of preference and opinion which boat is "better."
Old     (Bill_Dad)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-24-2012, 3:25 PM Reply   
i know Harley believes it is a better wake to the old xstar as it is bigger and has more kick to it,Harleys words not mine. Ok then do you think Harley could land a new trick behind a sanger, or an MB for that matter, he is good but not that good. Those boats dont produce the wakes that the new g23 or the new X Star do, so i think it is relevant to the boat.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-24-2012, 3:29 PM Reply   
^^^^ Oh good lord. Why kick the hornest nest like that?
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-24-2012, 3:32 PM Reply   
Wow Bill, just wow.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            05-24-2012, 3:36 PM Reply   
Awesomeness
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-24-2012, 3:44 PM Reply   
Old     (Moose99)      Join Date: Jun 2011       05-24-2012, 3:55 PM Reply   
Yup...
Attached Images

Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-24-2012, 3:57 PM Reply   
^^^hahahahahahahahahahahaahahh
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-24-2012, 3:58 PM Reply   
This thread is going down in history, right between Ryan xstar and LON
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-24-2012, 4:06 PM Reply   
Quote:
i know Harley believes it is a better wake to the old xstar as it is bigger and has more kick to it,Harleys words not mine. Ok then do you think Harley could land a new trick behind a sanger, or an MB for that matter, he is good but not that good. Those boats dont produce the wakes that the new g23 or the new X Star do, so i think it is relevant to the boat.
I will start it.

Yep, Sangers and MB's suck at making wakes like the new Mastercraft. Who wants a clean wake with the potential to be 95% the size of the new Xstar for less then half the price. Only a retard probably.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-24-2012, 4:09 PM Reply   
Old    mojo            05-24-2012, 4:32 PM Reply   
Either MC or CC produces someone else's boat. I could have sworn it was mc making cobalts, but I could be confusing mc with cc and/or cobalt with a different brand.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-24-2012, 4:34 PM Reply   
Mc and hydra sport got wrapped together
Old     (lakesurfer)      Join Date: Jul 2009       05-24-2012, 4:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Ok then do you think Harley could land a new trick behind a sanger, or an MB for that matter, he is good but not that good. Those boats dont produce the wakes that the new g23 or the new X Star do, so i think it is relevant to the boat.
Even if this statement is true, it really only actually matters to about the top 1% of the elite/pro wakeboarders. Therefore for most, it makes it very hard to justify paying 2X. Whether people want to admit it or not for 99% of the wakeboard population, any of the top 10 boats have the ability to throw way more wake than most need.

So most are buying a boat on dealer/layout/$/ego/what there friends have/etc.

BTW: the wake does looked washed out, but those guys are doing some AMAZING stuff behind the XStar, just like the new G23.

Side Note:. This comment is exactly why people feel MC is egotistical.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-24-2012, 5:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Ok then do you think Harley could land a new trick behind a sanger, or an MB for that matter, he is good but not that good.
I can't speak for MB but that's probably true of the Sanger, Don't know why anyone would be butt hurt about that statement. Its not Sangers aim to tow the pro tour or produce a boat for wanna-bees.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-24-2012, 5:30 PM Reply   
I'm not afraid to admit it, ANY inboard puts out a big enough wake for me.
Old    mojo            05-24-2012, 5:33 PM Reply   
No way a cc 196 with just a driver can satisfy you...the skate wake is SICK though. Parks blew his knee out again.
Old     (hunter660)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-24-2012, 5:33 PM Reply   
OK, maybe I should limit it to V drive boats with ballast.
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            05-24-2012, 5:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter660 View Post
OK, maybe I should limit it to V drive boats with ballast.
Take it back...a SN2001 will boot ya weighted properly lol
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            05-24-2012, 5:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
No way a cc 196 with just a driver can satisfy you...the skate wake is SICK though. Parks blew his knee out again.
Today??
Old     (holdsworth)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-24-2012, 5:55 PM Reply   
I think Bill was referring to stock wake, plus the weight that Harley puts in his to get what he wants. The MB puts out a good wake but I think it would be way overloaded and result in a bad shape if you put the same amount of weight in to get the same wake. Stock MB, meh. Stock plus 1500 in ballast, getting there, but it gets peaky and wants to start washing at 80'. After that, I wouldn't have a clue as that's all we put in. Think of Epic... sure they have almost 4000lbs available in the 23V but it's never clean, it's a marketing advantage. We run half ballast in all tanks in the one we ride behind because full ballast wasn't a good wake. As far as the X-Star goes, it can handle the extra weight and produces one hell of a wake when it's perfectly tuned. The new one may have it's quirks with handling extra weight, but I'm sure it's perfectly fine stock.

And it's not like you guys need the best boats on the market with the biggest wakes to become better riders anyhow. Pros, sure, because they're pushing the sport. For fun? S#it I learned fives and mobes behind a 2003 X-7 with a half tank of gas, my dad driving, nobody else in the boat, stock bag under the rear seat, and bag to offset my dads weight. Why is it a big deal for you that the boat has problems? Doesn't affect your weekend out on your boat, and a good number of you may not get to ride behind either one. Please explain what the big deal is for you personally?

Last edited by holdsworth; 05-24-2012 at 5:57 PM. Reason: .
Old     (tn_rider)      Join Date: Dec 2009       05-24-2012, 6:05 PM Reply   
Sucks to hear about Parks. Id bet if he hadn't had any knee problems he would be up there with Harley going trick for trick right there with him. Parks was meant to ride a wakeboard for a living and his riding over the years has shown it. I sure hope he is still able to ride after another blown knee.
Old     (9645glazier)      Join Date: Feb 2012       05-24-2012, 7:11 PM Reply   
Oh boy, the can of worms has been opened...
Old     (Bolo)      Join Date: May 2011       05-24-2012, 8:56 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralph View Post
I can't speak for MB but that's probably true of the Sanger, Don't know why anyone would be butt hurt about that statement. Its not Sangers aim to tow the pro tour or produce a boat for wanna-bees.
I got butt hurt about the statement until I saw that you didn't Ralph, hahaha. Obviously your right, and BIll probably is too. However, anyone other than a "pro" rider who's getting his boat for free would most likely sacrifice a teeny bit of size for a clean consistent wake. And oh yes, for waaay less $.
Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-24-2012, 9:45 PM Reply   
Bill was smart to divert this MC negativity towards other boats. MC owes him a favor.
Old     (9645glazier)      Join Date: Feb 2012       05-24-2012, 10:23 PM Reply   
http://mastercraft.com/teamtalk/show...=47275&page=20

I'm an MC owner, and hope that MC comes out on top of this, but honestly, this is why I also hate being associated with the MC brand. Look at that thread, bunch of dick riding fanboys who are blatantly ignoring the fact that everyone not associated with MC ripped the boat a new one after Acworth. Pathetic.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-25-2012, 5:34 AM Reply   
I keed, I keed!
Attached Images

Old     (buzzardmountainz)      Join Date: Jun 2010       05-25-2012, 6:37 AM Reply   
Who gives a f^#* about the wake...I need to know the name of the jam in the video...lol
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-25-2012, 7:16 AM Reply   
Wow some of the guys over there rival me in dingus-ness.

But it all made sense when I saw "Ron Paul for President" in huge capital letters in the signature.

Then I was like, "oooooohhhhhh ok...". Like when you are behind someone driving, go to pass them angrily and stand down, realizing they are 500 years old or clearly mentally handicapped.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-25-2012, 8:06 AM Reply   
I am shocked that thread over there hasn't been deleted or locked. MC is like Nazi Germany over there with negative press. Sometimes though the negative leads to positive 10 fox when things are addressed.

I encourage everyone to read some of the new posts and topics popping up daily over there. More and more everyday of fubars making it through the cracks and fanboys making excuses. The 2012 plug n play ballast thread is mindnumbing. Guys just spent 80-100k on a brand new boat. Now they have to drop 1k out of pocket to redesign their plug and play ballast system cuz MC can't figure out how to get their pumps to work properly to fill the plug and play bags.........wtf over!
Old    LR3w8kbrdr            05-25-2012, 8:15 AM Reply   
Teamtalk was always an entertaining mind blowing read. Glad that TMC & PN forums are not controlled by their respective manufacturers. I like to read what the guru from BAWS typically has to say over on TT lol
Old    mojo            05-25-2012, 8:30 AM Reply   
BAWS, specifically the one that posts over there took my old 2005 for a service and stereo install back in 08. I provided all the resources and asked if they could handle the install. Well it looked like crap and worked for literally 20 seconds. Guess what, they didn't fuse any of my amps and sent me home with a throttle that had a leak or something; which didn't exist when it went in. So $2000(really $3k, but about 400 was service and $600 in batteries) later and being treated like a child I sold it the next day. That ladies and gentleman was the last straw.
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-25-2012, 8:42 AM Reply   
Someone should ask about Cash Rewards in that thread.

Seriously though, Mastercraft seems to always have something that is new and cool but doesn't work right. Like some have said the complete botch of the late 90's prostar 190, bad vinyl in the early 2000's, tower braces needed on the 07-2011 tower, problem after problem with the power tower and now this boat as well as the ZFT4 sounds like it swoops so far back towards the sunpad on some boats you can't hang speakers or you will smash your head. The idea's all seem like great idea's, they just don't seem to pull it off correctly. I guess it is good in the respect that it is constantly pushing innovation but seems like they should test their new idea's better before spending the marketing and tooling money to bring them to market.
Old     (xstarrider)      Join Date: Jun 2007       05-25-2012, 8:57 AM Reply   
Here's the thing about cash rewards.......Anyone with half a brain could see the bs behind that. While great idea and an even better marketing ploy if you are expecting to afford a boat due to a later determined "possible" rebate u shouldn't be buying the boat. If you are buying a boat strictly due to a "possible" rebate again dumb.

While its total bs they ran away from it and offered no reward whatsoever for the customers it was a chap shoot from the beginning so you couldn't expect much, but that again showed the true MC colors

Hell and I say this being an xstar 1.0 owner
Old    mojo            05-25-2012, 9:10 AM Reply   
To be fair, it was an external company who's paperwork requirements were designed similar to health insurance billing. One misplaced period and you get nothing. However, that was a classic bait & switch leave you out to dry move on mc's part. Anyways, mc won't even give a video tour of the interior since surf expo. They have gotten very good at near failures.
Old     (simplej)      Join Date: Sep 2011       05-25-2012, 9:21 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by polarbill View Post

Seriously though, Mastercraft seems to always have something that is new and cool but doesn't work right. ...problem after problem with the power tower and now this boat as well as the ZFT4 sounds like it swoops so far back towards the sunpad on some boats you can't hang speakers or you will smash your head.

THIS!

im all about my buddy's 07 star, but i hate! hate! HATE the ergonomics on the new boats...

at over 6 foot, having a tige with 4 speakers that id bash my head on the lower tower and speakers...WRONG i never do, but that damn MC... you cant get on and off the boat...

the new tower puts the tow point another 3 feet back so youve gotta adjust the rope accordingly.. just unreal
Old     (austin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       05-25-2012, 9:24 AM Reply   
Quote:
MC are doing a video clip now and have some insane footage of Rusty ,Steel, Shota and Harley riding. Hopefully the clip will be out really soon. Both of Harleys tricks are w2w.
some eye candy would be nice agreed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Best post in this thread. I'm all in favor of anything that results in getting to see new tricks.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       05-25-2012, 9:53 AM Reply   
Attached Images

Old     (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       05-25-2012, 10:23 AM Reply   
I cant remember what the original post was all about...
Old    mojo            05-25-2012, 12:14 PM Reply   
G23
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-25-2012, 12:20 PM Reply   
Massive, CLEAN(for a long ways back) & vertical
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       05-25-2012, 12:54 PM Reply   
Holy hell batman. THat is oen hell of a wake. I might shat my pants on the way to hitting it.
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-25-2012, 1:05 PM Reply   
One thing I have to say - the G23 wakes that have been shown...
like, frigging all of them...

Straight up bananas.

B. A. N. A. N. A. S.

Right now, Nautique management is probably sitting in a phat white leather couch, Louboutin spikes under sweatpants, Givency motorcylce leather up top. Carbon Audemar watch iPad 3 in hand watching this thread going

... err...

"Bwuahahahaaha. We win. We win this round. Done, Put a pin in it. Over.

Next move is yours byotch"

Last edited by boomshot; 05-25-2012 at 1:13 PM.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       05-25-2012, 1:21 PM Reply   
Bwahahahahahahahah....
Old     (boomshot)      Join Date: Jan 2008       05-25-2012, 1:26 PM Reply   
This has gone like this for MasterCraft.

and... also like this.

Old     (diamonddad)      Join Date: Mar 2010       05-25-2012, 2:31 PM Reply   
Quote:
G23
WOW! That is one impressive wake! Awesome!

Now, if only the G23 did not cost 2.5X what my boat cost me!
Old     (bjames)      Join Date: May 2012       05-25-2012, 3:07 PM Reply   
Just posted yesterday...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cp7ET7gsaPs
Old     (boardjnky4)      Join Date: Dec 2011       05-25-2012, 3:13 PM Reply   
Those double up hits make me feel like a girl.

And the above G23 wake is MASSIVE
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       05-25-2012, 3:55 PM Reply   
Quote:
BAWS, specifically the one that posts over there took my old 2005 for a service and stereo install back in 08. I provided all the resources and asked if they could handle the install. Well it looked like crap and worked for literally 20 seconds. Guess what, they didn't fuse any of my amps and sent me home with a throttle that had a leak or something; which didn't exist when it went in. So $2000(really $3k, but about 400 was service and $600 in batteries) later and being treated like a child I sold it the next day. That ladies and gentleman was the last straw.
Good ol BAWS. They love him over there though. They have charged my buddy twice for a new ballast pump when it was only a kinked line!!
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       05-25-2012, 4:59 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjames View Post

First time I have seen the new xstar on the water ready to ride. It looks a little high in the bow to me. I know its a completely different boat than the old xstar, but it just looks funny, like it needs another 1000-1500 lbs up there.