Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 29, 2009

Old     (tuckryan)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-02-2009, 7:15 PM Reply   
http://boise.craigslist.org/boa/1145810234.html

I know it doesn't have the wrap around seating or a tower but it would be my first venture into a V-drive. The seating concerns me somewhat more than the tower as I can add a tower later. I went and looked at it yesterday and seemed to be in decent shape. The trailer needs the bunks recarpeted and I think the bearings need packed but it looked ok. Let me know what you think, I have an appointment this week for a compression check and have it looked over.
Old     (05mobiuslsv)      Join Date: Apr 2006       05-02-2009, 7:34 PM Reply   
Looks pretty good to me. You can add the wrap around seats later if you want.
Old     (tuckryan)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-02-2009, 7:50 PM Reply   
I didn't know you could add those later. Thanks for the info. I figure I can put a big cooler of fatsac lounge chair there. I don't know.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-02-2009, 7:54 PM Reply   
I have a '97, that sounds like a pretty good deal. Put a tower on that thing and some weight and you have almost the exact wake as a brand new V-ride. I love that seating rather than the wrap around.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-02-2009, 8:02 PM Reply   
If you are serious about upgrading I would suggest jumping all over this thing. One of the best wakes you can get for under about 30 G's. I think it would be some what difficult to do the wrap around. The observers seat is higher and leaned back compared to the back seat. But it could still be done.
Old     (tuckryan)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-02-2009, 8:09 PM Reply   
Nick,
Thanks for the responses buddy. I appreciate it. I have an appointment on wednesday to have it checked out. What do you put in the section where there isn't wrap around? Fat sacks? Cooler? Thanks again buddy.
Old     (jinxton)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-02-2009, 8:15 PM Reply   
Like Nick said get on it. I go out with him and he's got his boat dialed in, just like the one your looking at. Great boat!!!!!!
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-02-2009, 8:23 PM Reply   
I put a small cooler behind the drivers seat but not to sit on. I never really have more than 5-6 people on board so the seating works really good. I just ordered this big sac for surfing and it goes on the floor 30"x30"x30" I have all fly high sacs, 750's on each side of the engine, seat bottom that can only be filled to about 400 in the ski locker and a 440 or a 1000 triangle in the bow depending on the mood for the day. 3 bags are fully automatic and the one in the bow is semi automatic. I am really pumped about this boat they are awsome. The hull is a little different from the new V-ride but is the same shape and maybe a little softer, but still I would say the best wake you can get for that price. I am a little jealous of how nice the interior is in the pics mine is all cracking and coming apart at the seams, but to me it is a wakeboard machine. What boat are you coming from?

Upload
Old     (tuckryan)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-02-2009, 8:33 PM Reply   
Nick,
I have an older Chris Craft and my dad has an older PS190. I know neither of them are great wakeboard boats but he is still a waterskier. My best friend has a Supra SSV so that is what I have been behind lately. I would like to get a v-drive of my own to mess around with. Do you know where I can order some of the newer wakesetter graphics if it works out?
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-02-2009, 9:06 PM Reply   
themalibucrew.com has an answer to every question for that boat.
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-02-2009, 9:08 PM Reply   
I would also say spend your money on something other than stickers. That boat would look sick with all the stickers taken off. Nice and clean
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-08-2009, 8:50 AM Reply   
So did the boat get checked out? Did you get to take it out on the water? Let us know what happened.
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       05-08-2009, 9:14 AM Reply   
I have owned a 96 VLX since 2001, and it has been a fantastic boat. You could add a nice tower, ballast system, and PerfectPass and still come in under $20k. I regularly ride in much newer and more expensive boats, and I have never felt the desire to upgrade.

I also thought I wanted wraparound seating when I bought it, but I found I prefer the non-wraparound too. It is much more versatile.
Old     (tuckryan)      Join Date: Jun 2006       05-08-2009, 9:34 AM Reply   
Fellas thanks for checking back on this. The boat ended up being sold before I had a chance to put a deposit down on it and before I had it inspected. A buyer was willing to buy it without having it inspected and I wasn't willing to do that so it sold. I was upset for a bit but I can understand where the seller was coming from in this economy. I'm still looking! I have found a 99 VLX that I am negotiating on with the local dealer. We'll see how that turns out!

Ryan

PS - Thanks so much for the advice fellas, I appreciate it. If you ever take a wrong turn and end up in Idaho I'll owe you a cold one and a pull!
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-08-2009, 12:41 PM Reply   
I found your thread on the bucrew after I posted here. Just goes to show, you got to jump on a good deal when it comes. But that buyer if he did not do an inspection hopefully checked the boat out himself or that would be a huge risk. Something will come up again hopefully close to you that you will like.
Old     (azwakekid)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-08-2009, 1:12 PM Reply   
i have a 98 vlx for sale for 17k you can email me at azwakekid@hotmail.com for some pictures and full info on the boat. im from arizona