Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                11-15-2003, 10:20 PM Reply   
Hi everyone, Have just started doing raleys, but am finding i am starting to turn (clockwise direction, Goofy stance) whilst in the air. Am getting good pop and height but just when i should be thinking about pulling in for the landing i start to turn... not good.
Once I have it down, what is the transition into Hoochie? just reaching back and grabbing?
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-15-2003, 10:27 PM Reply   
not enough weight on your front foot, with a raley you have to have more weight on your front foot than like a normal wakejump because you come straight up... should be right, unless its just the bud talking :-)
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-15-2003, 10:28 PM Reply   
as far as grabbing it, off the dup is eaiser and i have seen people reach for it right from takeoff and get it the first try
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-15-2003, 10:35 PM Reply   
you are stargazing right? at least thats what it sounded like to me
Old                11-15-2003, 10:43 PM Reply   
yeah, going from left to right across wakes, right foot starts to rotate back over(upwards) where it came from? hope this explains.....
Cheers.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-15-2003, 11:13 PM Reply   
Yup, sounds like you dont have enough weight on your front foot and that should correct the problem.... common problem with raleys
Old                11-15-2003, 11:19 PM Reply   
So if i have too much weight on front foot i will rotate the other way?
Old                11-15-2003, 11:21 PM Reply   
I have also been told that i should look at the boat too?
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-16-2003, 2:15 AM Reply   
yeah looking at the top of the tower helps you from stargazing and from doing an acctual flip. The problem you are having with stargazing is probably because you dont have enough weight on yoru front foot, so you want a little moree weight on your front. As having too much weight on your front foot, I don't know, never happend to me before :-)