Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    goose69            11-16-2003, 9:21 PM Reply   

Hello again,
We have some sick new footage of an up and coming star in the Tour. RON CAFFERKY.
Catch him throwing down some sick ticks and here what he has to say on how he came into the sport of wakeboaring. Just go to
www.numbskullpro.com
and click on Ron Star.

Jared Schassen
VP
NSP
http://www.numbskullpro.com

Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       11-17-2003, 7:43 AM Reply   
Nice. I like your editing and choice of music.
Old    du540            11-17-2003, 10:08 AM Reply   
Hey 'mooch,

Thanks for the props. I can't take full credit for the music. Ron selected some of it. Ron is a bud from here in Portland who competed in all the tour stops last year and plans to do the same this year. He's pretty close to blowing up and he will also be one of the featured rides in our film due out late winter or early spring.

Ron Mart
NSP
www.numbskullpro.com

Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-17-2003, 10:33 AM Reply   
i like him. seems like a smart kid. best of luck to him next year on the tour!
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       11-17-2003, 10:49 AM Reply   
Sweet vids on your site. There's some good riding there.
Old    jakeman            11-17-2003, 11:04 AM Reply   
Jared
nice job once again

late/jake
Old    goose69            11-17-2003, 11:24 AM Reply   
Jakeman,

Thanks, but credit goes to Ron Mart Pres of NSP and editor as well as Ron C for the riding. I just put it on the web. We will be having soon an affiliation and sponsor part of the website if your still interest. It is in the works.
Old    jakeman            11-17-2003, 12:22 PM Reply   
Jared
my bad

yet email me when u r ready
Old    du540            11-17-2003, 1:35 PM Reply   
Stack, David and Jake....

Thanks for the nice comments. We've been "slaving" over the PC for months working on our current projects. Ron Asked us to do a little 15 minute promotional DVD for him to take to some sponsors so we took a lil break to knock that out for him. We've got three video producitons we're putting out on DVD from this past season. The first two are contest highlight vids from the local weekly contest here, "Wet Wednesdays". Our third vid will be the best, some top local guys from the pro tour like Ron Cafferky, Phil Combs, Jason Clark and Jack Blodget. Plus some up and comming local talent like Mike and Nick Cordoza, Brad Hess, Dustin Kimsey and a few others. Keep checking back at our site for some more details.

Thanks again,

Ron

NSP
Old    wakeboardputz            11-17-2003, 3:21 PM Reply   
Here is a local Nor-Cal rider, Derek Conway. He is only 15 but he rips it.
http://www.extremewakeboarding.com/gallery/albums/album07/derek_dsl_med.mov
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       11-17-2003, 3:47 PM Reply   
Jared is your site down? The link isn't working for me.
Old    du540            11-17-2003, 4:12 PM Reply   
Bill,

Yup...sorry, we just got a notice from our webhost that we've excedeed our limit for bandwidth traffic in a 24 hour period. We're working on it and it should be back up asap.

Ron

NSP
Old    goose69            11-18-2003, 8:09 AM Reply   
OKAY!!

People we are back up and running. We had to do a slightly higher compression on a few videos but check out Ron's smooth style and see whats in store for 04'

Jared Schassen
VP
www.numbskullpro.com
Old    wakeboardputz            11-18-2003, 8:48 AM Reply   
I finally got to see your videos. Like the style. Keep up the good work.
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-18-2003, 2:37 PM Reply   
Nice work!

Jared, what sort of hosting plan do you currently have? I might have a better solution without the bandwidth limits.

Old    du540            11-18-2003, 3:49 PM Reply   
Kung Fu...

We are with Poweb and our limit is 2.5G per 24 hours. Not sure if that is high or low. It seems a little low to me, especially when I think of what kind of traffic we want once we get our videos finished and out for sale. We may have to make a move.

Ron

NSP
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-18-2003, 4:49 PM Reply   
Take a look at www.readyhosting.com $99/yr 500mb storage, unlimited transfer, and they'll pay your domain registration as long as you keep your site hosted with them.

I have all my vids up there and no problems with performance or down time. I noticed there are a lot of places that claim to give you a ton of storage with no limit on bandwidth for dirt cheap, but the performance sucks! I went through 4 hosting companies and a ton of posts on dv.com before I found them and have been happy ever since. Worth a look.

Sweet, looking forward to the video release!

Old    goose69            11-19-2003, 10:37 AM Reply   
Kung Fu...

Did you do the pic on your profile?

Jared
Old     (dcervenka)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-19-2003, 10:41 AM Reply   
yup... imported the video into After Effects 5.5 to get the stills then I slapped it together in Photoshop 7.0.

Old    goose69            11-21-2003, 9:59 AM Reply   
We will be selling the T-Shirt Ron is wearing in his video clip. Coming soon to our website

Jared Schassen
VP
www.numbskullpro.com