Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (tanner_711)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-18-2007, 8:39 PM Reply   
Hey everyone- we need some of your expertise... WE are looking at a 2008 Bu-VTX and 2008 MC X-2
We have narrowed down and test drove these boats BACK to BACK... listed all the pro's con's and options available and are still in the air.
We test drove both today and to be honest the VTX handled like a dream... but the fit and finish was something left to be said. On the other hand the X2 had and incredible wake and, well you know the quality is there... so what I was hoping to get was some thoughts on why the VTX stuck to the water and the X2 was wobbly, and what differences that could make... plus the local dealer for the X2 is not someone I can see myself going to for many of my needs other than the mandatory warranty work, where as the Malibu dealer treats us like family.
Thanks everyone for helping us out with another Bu vs MC...
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-18-2007, 9:03 PM Reply   
Wow you must be partial to Mastecraft because the X2 has a horrible wake. The VTX is a nice boat. Have been in and driven both. I like the VTX better. Has nothing to do with us owning a VLX. We would switch if it was advantages but a free X2 or a at cost VTX I would buy the VTX. Now if you were talking X star then I would feel different.
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-18-2007, 9:20 PM Reply   
Ben-- go figure, I dont think Ive seen anyone that has owned a name brand turn to another brand lol, hard core boaters crack me up.

How is the wake horrible????

Tanner please list your pros and cons...
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-18-2007, 9:42 PM Reply   
RG then you must not know why I drive a boat. It takes a ton of weight and it is very hard to get the wake clean. The VTX does not need as much weight to get a clean hard wake. Like I said different boat by Mastercraft and I would switch if the deal was the same. Would much rather have the X1 (the old X star) before an X2
Old     (tanner_711)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-18-2007, 9:49 PM Reply   
Ok Fair enough…

Malibu's Pro's
Handling- Like a dream
Dealership- All around great service and knowledgeable staff
Fits in a 7ft High Garage

Malibu’s Cons
Fit and Finish- Screws sticking out, rattles, ect.
Lack of storage

MasterCraft Pro’s
Fit and Finish- Everything appears quality and no short cuts taken
Roomy Bow
Storage- ballast built in the bottom , Full size Ice Chest

MasterCraft Con’s
Handling- Was very wobbly and not as responsive
Dealership- Not as welcoming
Price- WOW, Nickel & Dime’s you.
Will not fit in a 7ft. High Garage
Old     (dadthedriver)      Join Date: Jul 2004       08-18-2007, 9:56 PM Reply   
I will say this Most of the boats in that range are quality boats. In the end you would be happy with either one. It is really all about the shop and the relationship you have with them. The service you are going to get after the sale is much more important then what you get during the sale.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       08-19-2007, 8:08 AM Reply   
x2 needs another couple thousand of weight from what i have seen, not sure about bu, buy a used vlx
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-19-2007, 8:40 AM Reply   
Toyoman-- the 07 & 08 X2's will fit in a 7ft garage. Have you tested the 07's or 08's, they didnt seem wobbly to me!

What kind of boat do you have?
Old     (tanner_711)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-19-2007, 9:09 AM Reply   
Currently I don't have a boat. This will be our first, and we want to get the right one. I test drove both boats and the MC Dealership told me specifically that even with the tower folded down and low profile tires it would be very close, but would lean more towards not fitting in the garage. That is the Dealership telling us, I asked to measure it and they said that they already did... if you know something more please share your resources.
As for the wobbly, maybe not the best term to use, but when driving both back to back, you feel like you are just rocking back and forth and not sticking to the water nearly as much as the VTX. When in a powerturn on the VTX it stuck to the water, it responded to every turn, and the X2 is lacking...not bad... just lacking.
THANKS everyone for all you info, all of it really helps. My wife and I are just in the air.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-19-2007, 9:15 AM Reply   
whats the difference in prices?
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-19-2007, 9:19 AM Reply   
my uncle has a new mastercraft and he hasnt been too happy with it. the shop that worked on our old boat was tellin me that this year has been the worst year as far as mastercraft quality. the one thing i couldnt stand was how rough the transmission was going in and out of gear.
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-19-2007, 9:27 AM Reply   
Toyo-- I have been though this before. THe 06 x2 is the first year they made the picklefork redesign and that year it was a little higher than 7ft, however the 07 and 08 is lower than the 7ft door buy like 4-5inches. Its close but it will fit, this is with the factory rims and tires. If your upgrading to low profile tires and bigger rims well of course it might not fit. They (MC dealer) measured it here in town right in front of me. Furthermore there is alot of ppl here that they sold to that have it in their 7ft garages.

Tanner I wouldn't get all bent out of shape on the purchase after all its supposed to be fun. Are you going to be competing? Also just because you noticed a little differently handeling wise how will you ever know in the future, since you'll only be driving one of the two.

Hindsight is always 20/20. No matter which one you choose you'll probably always wonder what if!!!! Go out and buy--have some fun summer is almost over...
Old     (tanner_711)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-19-2007, 10:18 AM Reply   
RG- You are right about hindsight is 20/20. And I know either boat would be a great choice, not getting bent out of shape... but trying to look to this board for some life experiences... good, bad, ugly.

Now I will ask another dealership about fitting in the 7ft garage, Or if there is a dealer out there can you confirm, since we have asked numerous times, and that is what we are being told. MC Dealer says that if I was to come close that I would have to get new tires, ect...and he stills says he does not think so.
Also, on the handling part... I was more curious if the handling was a big deal, or if anyone has experienced it, or if it was just this unit.

Also- Billy, why has your uncle been unhappy. with his MC??? Big issues, or basic warranty? Have they worked on the tranny? As for the price, both dealerships are working up pricing for us on each with the options I want, but I have a feeling the BU dealer will work a bit harder for our business.

And one last question out there. does anyone know about the tracking fins on both boats... if MC has them, and how they compare to each other and the main differences in performance. Thanks!
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-19-2007, 10:34 AM Reply   
Call midwest mastercraft (763)533-9666. Better yet go to the dealership with a tape measure to see for you self, theyll even fold it down for you. Dealership saying, "i dont think so", is just them guessing, go measure it you'll see...

MC does have track fins but only on the 197 etc, I guess the X2 doesnt need them because the shape of the hull. You didnt look before demoing? You might want to go back down to each dealership and finish your questions with them.

Good luck!
Old     (tanner_711)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-19-2007, 11:13 AM Reply   
I will call a different dealer... a lot easier said then done to go to the dealer locally. We have asked them to fold it down, and they said they have and they measured it. And have NOT folded it down for us. I have expressed it is a big deal putting it in the garage, so it appears perhaps they do not want to sell me their boat.
The BU dealership answered all my questions, and that is where we learned about the tracking fins. I did not look at the bottom side of the MC boat, My bad... but getting answers again as I said from the dealership for MC is a bit more difficult... maybe that is my answer within itself... but was hoping you guys could give me some feedback on the handling, and if it could just be the fins...
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-19-2007, 11:55 AM Reply   
Tanner, the MC fitting in the garage depends on a couple of things. For one, what kind of a trailer is it? A MC or other? I hear a single axel MC trailer will NOT fit in a 7 ft. door because it has 15 inch wheels. However, a tandem axel MC WILL barely fit b/c it has 14 inch wheels. I've had the Mastercraft dealer in Charlotte measeure for me.

Not sure about non-MC trailers.

If I were in your situation, I would probably go with the BU b/c it sounds like you are more comfortable with the dealer.
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-19-2007, 12:05 PM Reply   
Trailer height take alook at this with tower down its 82" = 6'10"! http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=18231&highlight=height+tower

Agreeded with bryan you sound more comfortable with the Malibu dealer you should go with them. The dealer im looking at is one of the top 20 boat dealers which is why ive received A class service. Im also looking to buy a new one here in the next 4 mths, but mine is between the supra and X2.
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-19-2007, 2:29 PM Reply   
Tanner in your pro's and con's each boat had 3 pro's. the vtx had 2 cons. x2 had 4 con's. i think you would be better off with the vtx. i own a Tige RZ2 so i'm not saying to get the bu cuz i own one cuz i don't. i haven't riden or driven either of the boats. i've heard that you do have to throw a ton of weight in the X2 and i've heard a ton of great things about the vtx. from my experience of being around the boating world about 60 percent of buying a boat needs to be how the dealer treats you and their service. 40 percent on the boat. you could buy the best boat ever made and have the dealer be a jack ass n be horrible at their servicing and you would really regret buying that "best boat ever".
Old     (hyperlitefan)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-19-2007, 3:52 PM Reply   
Tanner he are my two cents. I in your situation would go with the Bu. I have been in a lot of boats friends seem to have all of em. They are all very close in what they offer. But if the service and dealer is better you will be happier with your boat and more likely keep it on the water more.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-19-2007, 4:32 PM Reply   
tanner- he made a jump from bein a nautique guy so that doesnt help for one but he just hasnt been happy with the boat overall. there has been some issues with the paint and vinyl. i was told some of the boats have come out with some of the seams being very crooked. as far as the tranny, i dont know. but my buddy has been in a couple of other mastercrafts and the trannies have been pretty rough. We had a mastercraft before and now have a malibu and to be honest it is a much better boat quality wise in my opinion.

Also, my uncle walked into our local malibu dealer after buying his boat and then looked at me and said he should have bought a malibu. I think he is going to sell it and go back to nautique
Old     (cfd313)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-19-2007, 6:58 PM Reply   
IMO, I can't understand...how you would say the quality of BU seemed bad. I went to the Malibu plant last week b/c I'm ordering an 08. It seemed like they pay attention to quality very much. Not that Mastercraft doesn't. Also for the money you are paying for the Mastercraft you could probably get the VLX and have bigger boat. Also the Vlx's have the ballast under the floor so you have all that storage...Just my own opinion but I think Malibu both are good boats but I also think you would like the BU better...
Old     (pc_sledge)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-20-2007, 5:21 AM Reply   
I would go with the VTX. Your relationship with the dealership, if the boats are that close, is more important than anything! Both are great boats and will make you happy.
Old     (ldr)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-20-2007, 6:13 AM Reply   
If the dealer is giving you a hard time before the sale, they will be nearly impossible to work with after the sale. I personally like the X2, but in your situation i would go with the VTX.
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-20-2007, 6:46 AM Reply   
ToyoMan where do you live?
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-20-2007, 7:55 AM Reply   
Go with the dealer. Being a BU fan, I would say the same thing if the roles were reversed. A dealer can make or break the experience.
Old     (97response)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-20-2007, 10:44 AM Reply   
I just need to add my vote here for the better dealer.

If the MC dealer isn't willing to fold down a tower to make a sale, what do you think will happen when it comes time for service?
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-20-2007, 12:53 PM Reply   
What MC dealership is it, id like to call them and update them on the measurements? Maybe i should work there lol :-)
Old     (tanner_711)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-20-2007, 6:43 PM Reply   
Thanks Guys, Everything has been helpful... I guess the dealer can make a difference. I would rather not say where I live just because I am not here to bad mouth any dealer... this could just be the way he treats me due to what I am interested in purchasing... but nonetheless, I don't want to give them a bad name at all.

Everyone here has been a great help, and I look forward to many more posts and threads.

RG- I will update the local dealer on all of your useful info. But maybe you should work for MC

Really quick.. I am a mechanic... so I am hoping that I would not have to rely on the Dealership to much on either end of it... and go with the better boat.
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-20-2007, 7:02 PM Reply   
Tanner- your not giving them a bad name, they should be telling you the right info. But if you say so. Good luck, I personally would go with MC since I think they are held to a higher standard. Talk to anyone on their factory tours, you'll see the difference. Im 95% sure im going with the 08 x2 this fall. The LCD display is awesome, snap out carpet is a must, and most importantly they look different (pickle fork) not the same old V nose. Of course it comes at a price but will hold its resale very well. I was looking at a used 06-07 for like 4 g's less than new. Which is awesome if your looking to sell. When are you looking to make a decision?

That said use george washington's decision making quote "If I need to make a decision and cant find which one I want to go with, take a piece of paper, fold it in half, write all the pro's and con's the one with the most will be evident." Id use this stradgety if I was you, just be honesty and unbiased.
Old     (dizzyg)      Join Date: May 2005       08-21-2007, 9:18 AM Reply   
for me it is all about the dealer!
Old     (97response)      Join Date: Oct 2004       08-21-2007, 9:42 AM Reply   
By giving us your city, someone on this board will likely have had experiences with the 'bu and MC dealer.

Thats cool you're a mechanic, but for things to be replaced under warranty, I'd assume they'd want to do it at their shop. So you're first 3 years with the boat, likely most of the work will be done there.

You will basically be doing the winterization and oil changes. Most new boats are going to have some sort of warranty claim no matter what brand they are.

People on this board will be able to give the positives and negatives of the service departments. The downside....we all have opinions. YOu have to sort thru this mess and determine what information YOU find helpful.
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-21-2007, 11:31 AM Reply   
dude this is easy spend the same amount of money you were going to spend on the X-2 and just get the VLX, huge wake, nice boat, plenty of storage and everything.
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-21-2007, 11:36 AM Reply   
Yes get the same boat as Micheal has...

Now id be suprised if he said go for the MC since he has a VLX.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       08-21-2007, 12:00 PM Reply   
rg,

You need to research a little more if you think MC is held to a higher standard. I'm sure their factory guys told you that they hold themselves to a higher standard. Have you taken the Malibu tour? I'm not in any way saying Malibu is a better boat than MC and own neither, but have been around 100s of both, and nothing I have seen would leave me to believe that MC is held to a higher standard. I actually have a lot of experience with a dealer (not Malibu) that would lead me to believe otherwise. As many of my posts on here have shown, I hate these boat threads, but I just had to get that out there. Just from being around all these boats, if their is one manufacturer that may go just a step further, it's Correct Craft, and that would even be a stretch.
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-21-2007, 5:03 PM Reply   
Nick,
Your crazy, you crack me up. I havent toured the malibu factory. Nevertheless from what I've seen they seem to be within the tier 1-2 stuff however are less astheically pleasing than MC. Who is this dealer that would allow you to believe otherwise (who do they represent?) Why do you hate these boat threads? If you hate them so much why are you replying/reading them?

How can you say Correct craft is a step further? What are you smoking? I have seen a buddy have all types of problems with his new Air, which is just awful. Not to say all are problematic but come on. I need some of the good stuff you have cause that stuff is banging?
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-21-2007, 5:10 PM Reply   
wow...

both good boats...

just depends on whether or not ur wanna spend extra money on a boat that isnt any better than the other...
Old     (ponyh8r)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-21-2007, 5:31 PM Reply   
Billy,

I am going to disagree with you that the X-2 is not better in any other way than the VTX. I don't want to get into a squabble, but both boats have strong and weak points. The X-2 is not just simply a boat exactly like the VTX but more expensive.

You get what you pay for. That is for anything in life.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-21-2007, 5:35 PM Reply   
i agree with you mike in that sense but as far as the quality of the boat... i dont think the mastercraft is any better than the vtx. i just think mc's are way overpriced. there was a guy trying to sell a 03 or 04 x-30 for $70,000. that is a joke.
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-21-2007, 5:50 PM Reply   
Billy-Im looking at a 08x2 out the door MC with 350engine,cover,bimini,trailer etc for 60k. I seen the 07 Malibu VTx for 55k. How is the MC being 5k more so overpriced? As such the MC has LCD screen yadda yadda yadda...One of the biggest things I dont like is the height on the tower (too low for a 5'-11" guy) I almost hit my head every time

Of course some ppl are going to try to resale them for alot which if your an owner is good right? You wouldnt want ppl just giveing them away, right? Plus your bottom line stays high.
Eye of the beholder though some will try to sell an Vtx for just as much (some are just crazy).
Old     (kickflip_mj)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-21-2007, 5:50 PM Reply   
RG,
i dont know if your giving me crap for having a malibu, the fact is i have spent plenty of time behind and in both the boats. to be honest i could have bought any wakeboard boat on the market, but i chose the malibu bc it feels more like a comfortable boat and it has a better wake in my opinion than any other boat. i also feel that the inerior is more plush than the chunky fibergalss everything MC... i think the word is gimicky. so RG dont give me owning a malibu bc your profile doesnt say you own a boat. go with malibu
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-21-2007, 5:53 PM Reply   
I'm going to have to agree with Nick on all the higher standard thing. i've been around boats since i was 2 weeks old and i've seen motors fail, carpet rip, seats tear/crack, jelcoat stress crack/fade, towers break, and electronics go out in every boat out there. when it comes down to it if it was put together or made by a human its going to break, and if its grown or created by god its going to die. if you take care of your boat and store it inside it'll last forever. if you don't care about it i'll give it about 7 years before its almost worth nothing. the wakes is what really set wakebaord boats apart. when it comes to me buying my own personal boat i could care less about what name is on the side, i'll go with whats throwning a good wake and thats price isn't threw the roof.
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-21-2007, 6:01 PM Reply   
-Mike- chill out man. No need to get all rillaled up, lol. No one was giving you crap just stating a fact, right?

Currently dont own one now but will I will in the next month or so, im still undecided, however leaning towards the X2. All other boats (fit&finish) just dont seem to be on the same level, IMO.

Previously owned a x7...
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-21-2007, 6:10 PM Reply   
rg- u could probably get a vlx for the same price... and get wat is one of the best wake boats in the world. just my opinion tho
Old     (jv210)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-21-2007, 6:22 PM Reply   
RG I have to call BS on the 60K price tag. theres no way
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-21-2007, 6:37 PM Reply   
Jason--no LIE no BS that is not including tax,license, etc. I have a quote right here, want to see it? Email me if you want to see it and I can fax a copy to you.
Old     (jv210)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-21-2007, 6:42 PM Reply   
well then that's not OTD. SO now it's up to 10k more.
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-21-2007, 6:47 PM Reply   
No its like 64500, the Vtx was not OTD also so 59,500. But CLOSE enough!
Tanner you have to report back and let us know what you decided. Either way you will love what you get! Post some pics as soon as you make a decision.
Old     (jv210)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-21-2007, 6:56 PM Reply   
Sure buddy what ever you want to say to justify the price. A vtx is not that price, an VLX, mabey.

To the original original poster, I'm a little bias, but I would go with the Malibu, for the price and also the dealership.
Old     (mcwakerider)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-21-2007, 6:58 PM Reply   
people with malibus are biased for good reasons... they great boats...
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-21-2007, 7:05 PM Reply   
the Vtx is the 20ft right? Thats what I was told at our local shop here since Im in the 20ft boat range.J- No need to justify price only passing along what I was told. I guess sales guys lie, and/or I didnt work him down on price. Then again that was 2 mths ago (peak season)

Billy I think most ppl are biased no matter which boat they have. Agree?
Old     (jv210)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-21-2007, 7:23 PM Reply   
There really is no peak season. Thats all a game. So if you didn't talk the vtx down, but have the paper work for the x2, than the vtx could probably be had for 55 OTD.

I'm happy for you with you decision to go with an X2, it's a cool boat. You sound just like my boy though trying to justify paying WAY to much for a 20ft boat, because it's a mastercraft.

Thats just how I see it.
Old     (canecorso)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-21-2007, 7:35 PM Reply   
J-that probably could be right. I believe the 07's can be talked down as well though.

One thing I think we all agree on is prices have went through the roof.

Peak season all a game? I dunno supply vs. demand. Just like farrari no sales ever since day 1 just because there is such a demand and they will always sell.

That said, I try to make it easy to justify, think of it like this. You can buy a buick lasabre for 40+k or spend that extra 15-20k and get a mercedes. For me if im already spending that much whats 10k more.
Old     (tanner_711)      Join Date: Jul 2007       08-21-2007, 8:02 PM Reply   
Hey Guys- Thanks for all the info... and I will post the minute I decide. Both are great boats, and price always plays a factor. Both dealerships are workign numbers and I should have them sometime this week... And peak season or not.. they will have there work cut out for them.
Old     (festivus)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-22-2007, 8:42 AM Reply   
I haven't been in a VTX, but is the finish of lesser quality than the 23/247? The finish and interior features were one of the main reasons I chose BU over MC when it was my turn to pick. I looked at a new '08 23 LSV yesterday. They have made a lot of changes from the previous model. The dealer was telling me it is all MP3 now, no cd player. Don't know if that is true or not, but at least a good idea. Dash is completely different.
Old     (larrys)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-22-2007, 8:47 AM Reply   
No CD player is in the standard HU. A CD changer is an option if you want it.
Old     (festivus)      Join Date: Jan 2006       08-22-2007, 9:43 AM Reply   
Nice. Any details on the storage capacity- standard?
Old     (larrys)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-22-2007, 10:31 AM Reply   
The VTX finish is of the same quality as the other Wakesetter boats. I don't think the new windshield is going in the VTX for '08. But, most of the other new stuff is.
Old     (jv210)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-22-2007, 10:35 AM Reply   
Check the new Wakeworld Malibu, and you can check it out. I belive it comes with a Malibu USB stick with 1g and there is a gig in the black box. The unit also allows Ipod control. It is controlled through remotes only.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-22-2007, 11:18 AM Reply   
Once you have narrowed down your decision to two nice boats, it's all about the dealer. I switched from Malibu to MasterCraft because Norcal Mastercraft is the best damn place you can buy a boat. Post sale service is outstanding, and they service the boats right there at the dealer site.
Old     (ronnyboy27)      Join Date: Nov 2005       08-22-2007, 12:00 PM Reply   
I'm a MC lover but the garage issue is huge it is so much better if your boat fits in your garage. I'd say go with the Malibu! Also any MC dealer will do your warranty service. If you can get a better price go for it!
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-22-2007, 1:53 PM Reply   
What State do you live in?
Old     (26lacefield)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-22-2007, 3:18 PM Reply   
why do people think that if you can take your brand of boat to any dealer that sales that same brand to get warranty service done. in the truth they don't have to do it if they don't want to and theres nothing that the manufacture can do about it besides pay the full hour labor rate and pay for the complete service. not just 60% of it.
Old     (snowfarmer)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-22-2007, 5:18 PM Reply   
Hey Man, felt the need to chirp in. We have a 2007 VTX and have put about 73 "no worries" type hours on so far this year. I came from an 06 Bu Response LXI and have been very happy with Wizard Lake marine and both my Malibus. As far as quality go's, under the dash a rubber grommet needs to be attached to the wheel support frame and this takes care of the rattling. I weigh my VTX down with the wedge at twelve o'clock and fill all my tanks and if I feel up to the task, I load in my sacs in the bow walk way (2x400LBS). This makes the wake stupid big. I have had no problems with my VTX so far. The grill piece popped out in the back but a little silicon fixed that problem. Can't comment on the X2 but the 06's look pretty knarly. Overall I would recommend this boat to anyone. I thought the quality was second to none on the malibus, but hey I drive an F150. I think I'd be layin down the loonies on the VTX if I were you.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       08-22-2007, 7:34 PM Reply   
rg,

It was an MC dealer. That's all I really want to go into.

(Message edited by kstateskier on August 22, 2007)
Old     (woreout)      Join Date: Aug 2006       08-23-2007, 5:35 AM Reply   
If you like plastic over Billet the CC is the right choice. Otherwise you cant go wrong with the BU or the MC.