Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       08-17-2005, 2:05 PM Reply   
So who else is heading up there? We'll be staying in a place at Soda bay, should be about 10 of us.

Some of us will head up Thursday night, and the rest on Friday morning.

SHOULD BE SICK!

ps- If you have some sort of problem with boardstock please dont post. i dont care if you feel how corporate it has gotten, or it was better at Shasta. Just keep your opinions of it to yourself or go post in one of the many otehr threads about this event that get ruined because lame-o's can't understand what the subject of a thread is for.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-17-2005, 4:13 PM Reply   
This Guy will be there for sure.

He is the master of ceramonies. Im shure you will have a great time.
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       08-17-2005, 4:15 PM Reply   
OH JEEZE!!! YOUR KILLING ME!

I showed my girlfriend that pic and she was dying!! Even though she was the one who took it originally!!!
Old     (louise)      Join Date: Feb 2001       08-19-2005, 10:31 AM Reply   
You know, with all that special padding, you would think the person would not have missed accentuating a certain aspect of his physique
Old    jetgofish            08-22-2005, 11:28 AM Reply   
Didn't sound like all that many people hit 'Stock. In your opinion to those who went how was it?
Old    mendo247            08-22-2005, 3:09 PM Reply   
IT WAS OK..not near enough riding in my opinion..water conditions kinda blew... would have liked to seen more vendors and definetly more boats on display.. but there were allot of people..concerts rocked.. allot of people there to party not exactly there for the boarding..
Old    jetgofish            08-22-2005, 3:13 PM Reply   
Did the "party" happen at the concerts or more so after? I know one of the main focuses moving it to Clear Lake was to lose the Tower Park "party" which in my opinion didn't have much to do with Boardstock to begin with.
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-22-2005, 4:10 PM Reply   
yeah, it was decent i guess...
Old    mendo247            08-22-2005, 4:10 PM Reply   
THE CONCERTS WERE A BIG PARTY..THE WHOLE WEEKEND SEEMED LIKE A PARTY..I HEARD THE BAR AFTER THE CONCERT WAS PRETTY WILD(TONS OF PEOPLE)..THE ALCOHOL BOOTHS SEEMED TO HAVE PRETTY GOOD LINES ALL DAY SAT.. I JUST WOULD HAVE LIKED TO SEEN MORE RIDING AND MORE VENDORS.. THIS WAS THE FEWEST I HAVE SEEN IN YEARS
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-22-2005, 4:21 PM Reply   
I'd still love to see Boarstock get back to its roots... I think we're going to push the West Side Spring Ride thing a little further next year with some pro riders in attendence. I think this years spring ride was better than boardstock for the last few years, although I guess I may have been biased. It'd be nice to have an event that was primarily people there to be involved for the love of wakeboarding.
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       08-22-2005, 7:31 PM Reply   
Oh jeeze guys you didnt hear?

They changed the name, but it still sounds the same. BOREDSTOCK, not boardstock.

Overall, it was cool. Not a lot of riding, but there were some cool people that I met, so thats always good. My crew had a good time, checked out the Ms Hawaii tropic contest, pretty weak! But there were some boobies for a second.

We were right on the bouy line on the water for the weeknd, so there were a ton of boats around us.

Apparently there were like 33000 people and over 1200 boats that went out!

(Message edited by lukeduke95 on August 22, 2005)
Old     (tommyc)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-22-2005, 7:58 PM Reply   
I went to Boardstock thinking it would be crap. Everytime I have been to Konokti, the water has been green. This time is was pretty blue. This Boardstock was pretty decent and will get alot better with sponsor support.

The water for a contest at this venue is always gonna be ruff. So the wakeboarding is gonna be very weak. But still, the best rider will win. I think they should add a D-Up contest. You would be able to have decent water for that and it would be a croud pleazzer. Another idea that would work would be a slider(flat-bar) contest. The riders would be agressive even in ruff water with a flat-bar.

Add this to the mix and then you would see more riding. IMO.

I swear to GOD, I should be in charge of this s*#t!
Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       08-22-2005, 8:19 PM Reply   
33,000 attended, I would say that's pretty big. That doesen't include all the boats tied up to the "free" line or the ones that paid to get in and were at the slips. The water was rough but the riders did an incredible job anyway. Brett, Rusty, and both Dannys' had huge technical runs considering the conditions. The boat slips right in front of Konocti on Sunday were just outta control. Pitchers of Margaritas, mini kegs, some of the baddest boat sound systems I've heard, Mardi-Gra beads, hotties doin the dirty deed for beads., the only regret for me was not going Saturday too!, but we rode the dirty delta instead. Thanks to H.O. Joe for kickin' us some swag too!
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-22-2005, 8:30 PM Reply   
we had a crew of about 25 people we all had a great time. The boat line in front of the event was a lot like shasta off the hook and one big party. So many boats and everyone in the right frame of mind to party and have a good time. To all you who missed this year I hope you make it next year. (keep up the good times)
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       08-23-2005, 12:15 AM Reply   
I wrote a couple of paragraphs earlier in the day but decided to delete them...Yes I was there both days, being on the water Saturday, and on shore Sunday. I missed the party Saturday night at the marina, instead we hung out at my friends house and had a BBQ.

I have one question DID ANYONE ACTUALLY RIDE A WAKEBOARD??? This would be the first BS (knowing the lake well) that I did not bring a wakeboard with me. Lame I know as that was what BS in the past was about...RIDING!
Old    db69            08-24-2005, 9:47 PM Reply   
Boardstock is back Shasta Style!! Couldn't ask for a better time , Partied like rockstars!!!!!
thanks scott!
Old    jetgofish            08-25-2005, 8:58 AM Reply   
So a friend who was up at the cable said he ran out of beer on Sunday and headed in to shore to pick some up ... he said for a 12 pack of Coor's Light he was charged $48 and for a bag of ice he was charged $15, WTF that's rape!!!
Old     (ktmwakeboarder)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-25-2005, 5:27 PM Reply   
Teri- Yeah, I saw that too when I was on shore on Sunday (I spent Fri and Sat tied up on the water- sooo much fun). They were charging absolutely insane prices for drinks in their little store/rental office. We simply loaded up each day with like four 30 packs bought at gas stations, for pretty cheap actually, brought them back to the campsite, then loaded it all into the boat, and we were set to go :-) good times

Peter- I did bring my skate, but didn't even bother trying to ride since the water was so crappy all the time... although, we did consider riding at like 2 am, since it was not too bad, and the full moon was awesome! My friends rode for like 5 min, but just gave up. I expected all this, and was more prepared to party than actually ride.
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-26-2005, 3:41 PM Reply   
BoardStock was a great event this year. We will be their next year with I hope a larger group. Teri before you bash boardstock at clear lake you should have been their. We missed you It didnt cost much at all. Beer & ice (safeway) 4 coolers full of beer. Like any event party smart you dont need to spend tons of money. At the end of saturday they were empty. A total of (7) people on the boat and 2 non drinkers. We all had a great time.
Old    jetgofish            08-26-2005, 4:08 PM Reply   
Scott - Never once bashed boardstock simple made a statement about the price of goods on shore at the resort. I wasn't there to bash anything! Not my style regarldless
Old     (lukeduke95)      Join Date: May 2002       08-26-2005, 6:03 PM Reply   
I had a great time, but we kept joking about the name, BOREDSTOCK, not boardstock. It seems like they had a huge break between riding, and then all of a sudden there would be two things going on at once. Riding and motox. Just thought it was dumb.

The party was great though, met some really cool people and saw one of the reddest wake boats ever!! I know we will be back for next year!

Note to self- bring bear to sell to other boats!!!
I actually gave away a 6pack to this guy who swam over to find out that beer was $48 a 12 pack. I told him he could have it free, but he ended up giving me a cash handshake. I made $10 right then!!
Old     (sherman)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-26-2005, 10:11 PM Reply   
teri when are you going to come over to check out the new place
Old    jetgofish            08-29-2005, 8:26 AM Reply   
Scott - As soon as I get an invitation! I'm not one to just "drop by"!! Give me a call ... I'd love to check out the new pad!