Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old    johnnyt            11-13-2003, 9:41 AM Reply   
what trick is it that gives you a problem? It seems that everyone has that trick that now how many times you go through it in your head or how many times you do it it still doesnt work and doesnt fell right. like i know a pro that can do an s bend but not a raley because they are thrown and come down different. for me its a whirly bird. i can do moby fine which for most people is harder but i just cant seem to get the whole handle over the head thing it screws me up every time. my buddy can do several inverts but cant do a toeside jump. its weird. for almost a year too i also lost toeside spinning. i got back now but i would spin early and go into a flip every time. whats been bugging you maybe someone can give you some pointers and if anyone has any pointers for me i would apreciate it.(on whirlys)
Old    xtremebordgurl            11-13-2003, 10:07 AM Reply   
Surface spins on the wakeskate, its not the sliding the board arround, its the handle pass, I can get so close and I just am not getting the pass, I don't know why. I can surface 180 on the skate no problem, fs lipslides, but as soon as I try a surface 360, I just can't get it. Then again I am VERY novice so I'm sure that is a big part of it and I just need to work on my handle passes or something.
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-13-2003, 11:51 AM Reply   
I used to to land whirly's occasionally, but I lost them about 5 years ago. I have been trying them again recently and have been having the same problem you are. I just got them back super smooth on the trampoline last night. As you go into the flip, point the top of you head towards the boat. This REALLY helps in getting that elbow across your face. As opposed to many other tricks, whirly's on the tramp translate very well to whirly's on the water. Let me know how it goes.
Old    wakeboardputz            11-13-2003, 2:58 PM Reply   
My son used to be able to do a ts off-axis 5 rewind. Now he can't do it because he gets to much slack. Why?
Old     (board4food1)      Join Date: Jul 2002       11-14-2003, 8:36 AM Reply   
HS Backroll.....

I land whirly's about 1 out of 3 tries, switch krypts, and some other more difficult moves. But the backroll is just tooo..... awkward for me. I'm goofed up in a lot of areas that just doesn't make sense though. I ride left foot forward wakeboarding, snowboarding and surfing, but I ride right foot forward wakeskating and skateboarding. I'm wierd I guess. Yeah, so Backrolls are my awkward trick and it's one of the most basic. I land maybe 2 out of 5 attempts. Roll to revert seems easier for me than a normal Back roll also....

I agree with Matt, whirly's transfer from the tramp to water almost perfectly.

Putz, try telling him to jump away from the boat istead of straight up to keep the tension. Slack usually means he's flattening out and loosing his edge. Good luck!

www.enemyofevilclothing.com
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       11-14-2003, 4:52 PM Reply   
i've heard more than one advanced rider say they hate backrolls. just seems to be an awkward trick for many people. i know im still working on getting my consistent.