Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-15-2011, 12:54 PM Reply   
I just got an 11 Trasncend. My previous board was the first Marius. In getting this board I thought my set-up would get lighter but it didn't. In fact it may have gotten heavier. Are CWB's heavier than most boards? I couldn't find board weights anywhere when looking except CWB. It seems as though my setup is twice as heavy as all my buddies. Anyone else run into this.

Ohh and by the way, props to Ronix for sending me new base plates (bent) for my 07 Cell's!
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-15-2011, 1:06 PM Reply   
It annoys the **** out of me that manufactures won't disclose the weights of their products. What boards do your buddies have? I don't see a lot of CWB pro models and I've never gotten my hands on one. They don't seem to be very popular.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       09-15-2011, 1:13 PM Reply   
CWB's average around 7.5-8.5 pounds, pretty standard for a foam board. I'm surprised that you felt the Transcend was heavier than your original Marius. Was your Marius a Platinum core? Comparing a Platty to a foam core would be about a pound or so different.

CWB is pretty popular out here on the west coast, people ride everything from the Marius, Transcend and Faction(+ the light version DB9). Hammer, they may not be popular in your neck of the woods but there is a reason that they are top 3 or 4 every year in sales. Pick up one of the boards, I've had nothing but good luck with them over the last 8 years.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-15-2011, 1:28 PM Reply   
CWBs are no heavier than any other board, Actually, in my experience, they are one of the lightest.

"I don't see a lot of CWB pro models and I've never gotten my hands on one. They don't seem to be very popular. "

Interesting. I guess it just depends on your region. In Northern California, everyone rides either Hyperlite or CWB. I rarely see anything else. Probably because the local HO and Connelly reps out here are the best in the business. Local support is outstanding.

I too am surprised that the Transcend seems heavier. Same core and materials, but I believe the Marius is bigger and uses more material due to the width.
Old     (TheHebrewHammer)      Join Date: Jun 2011       09-15-2011, 1:37 PM Reply   
Wow ya, that's interesting. It must be a regional thing. I ride a LF (now probably a Slingshot instead), but Ronix seems to be the brand of choice here on the gulf coast of Florida.

I started out on a 2008 CWB Faze and it was an awesome beginner board, but I rarely see their pro models.
Old     (baitkiller)      Join Date: Jan 2010       09-15-2011, 2:15 PM Reply   
^^^^^^^^^^^^
What he said.
I ride an 09 transcend with Answers and yeah, its a little heavy but everybody mooches my board to ride if I let them. The thing is crazy fun and will do what ever you want.
The majority of people I see around here is SW Florida are riding Ronix and Gator. I dunno, Miami Nautique is a huge Ronix dealer and gator is kinda local.
My sons Ronix Vision 120 feels like it is 1/2 the weight of my daughters 106 LF star. It weighs nothing and he can toss it around pretty good!
Old     (austin)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-15-2011, 3:26 PM Reply   
Brand representation definitely varies a lot by different regions and different riding groups. If you were just judging by my personal experience LF owns 90% of the market, but I know it's not like that everywhere or with every group of riders.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       09-15-2011, 5:51 PM Reply   
I've ridden and owned CWB,Liquid Force,Hyperlite and Ronix.The Ronix was as light or a little lighter than my CWB platinums.My regular CWB'S are about the same as Hyperlite and Liquid Force.As for popularity it's a mixed bag here in Virginia,i see all brands of boards equally.I would guess by all the places i've ridden Florida,Texas and Virginia Liquid Force is the most popular.I just prefer CWB,it fits my style of riding best.
Old     (derek23)      Join Date: Oct 2006       09-15-2011, 7:09 PM Reply   
Hmm. Almost everyone I ride with has LF. Mostly Watsons. I haven't ridden the board yet because I discovered my binding plates were pretty warped. Either way it feels about the same as the Marius. Thanks for the input all.
Old     (mastercraf)      Join Date: Jul 2009       09-15-2011, 7:22 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek23 View Post
Hmm. Almost everyone I ride with has LF. Mostly Watsons. I haven't ridden the board yet because I discovered my binding plates were pretty warped. Either way it feels about the same as the Marius. Thanks for the input all.
Watson is really light vs. my old CWB absolute. I don't think it's the boat with all the weight but the boots. Riding 08 Shanes this last year, and after checking out the 2011 gear I'm hooked on buying new next season!
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-16-2011, 5:15 PM Reply   
I rock a 2011 Transcend and love it. Everybody that's rode it loves it too, two buddies even picked up a new one, while another tried to buy mine off me!

As for weight, it's in the boots. I went from 08 Zeus' to a pair of baseless Ronix Cells, and the weight difference was amazing. Overall, board weight is about the same as any Ronix, Hype, or LF I've been around - with the exception of the Byerly Monarch, and Platinum core boards.
Old    terrybailey10            09-24-2011, 9:21 AM Reply   
Learn to use swing weight to poke instead of gay spining you featherlight decks.
Old     (bear)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-25-2011, 8:45 PM Reply   
cwb's bindings are heavier than others if they are the low end one's.
Old     (Zesty)      Join Date: Sep 2011       09-26-2011, 11:15 PM Reply   
My 2011 Ronix Ibex 144 (Non ATR) with 2010 Ronix Ones's weighs 13.0 lbs.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       09-27-2011, 10:00 AM Reply   
I'd have to disagree with Bear. The lower end boots are very light. I ride the Vapors, which are a low cut, open toe, more flexible boot. They are lean on material since there is just less mass to them. They are very light.