Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (lyle)      Join Date: May 2004       08-31-2005, 2:08 PM Reply   
Well I am lookin at some xstars, I like the 01 s becasue I believe they have the 3 bag kgb, I am not for sure though. I am looking for as much info on them as I can find. I would also like to see some pictures or find a site that has reviews and all the specs on them..so any info will be much appreciated... I also would love your opinions on the wakes, or just on the boat all together. Thanks....
Old     (airrantz)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-31-2005, 2:42 PM Reply   
search, search, and search some more on this site. All I can say is it's a sick boat with one of the best wakes out there. Ask almost anyone and they'll agree. It's the same hull as the X-2 and now the X-1. Why Mastercraft has to be so confusing I do not know.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-31-2005, 3:30 PM Reply   
I think '02 is when they went to the 3 tank/bag system which is the same as the current X-2 setup. It is also worth going with an '02 to get the newer style tower as the old ones cracked easily.

The wake is killer. Arguably unbeatable. I'll even say better than the new X-star (although different).
Old     (agfan12)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-31-2005, 4:26 PM Reply   
Lyle, the XStar/X2/X1/205V hull is IMO one of the best hull designs on the market. The wake is sick, the only downside to them is the space. If you sack it out (which you should w/ any boat w/ built in ballast) you will have little to no space for gear. The cooler is undersized and you have to bring another with you if you are out for more than say...2 hours.
Old     (holderbee)      Join Date: Mar 2005       08-31-2005, 5:38 PM Reply   
I have an 01 X-star and it has 2 hard tanks in the back (250 lbs each) and a center bag (about 500 lbs). Each has 2 pumps (one to fill and one to empty. In 2002 they changed the system to one reversible pump for each.

The stock wake is good, but it gets HUGE with another 1000lbs or so. I replaced the hard tanks with Fly High's V-drive sacks and run an additional Fat Boy up front. The wake is SICK!

It has more storage than a SAN, but a little less than the older VLX's (current V-ride). The cooler is tiny.

Overall I am very pleased with my boat and extremely happy with the wake. There were a few recalls for on the 01. Check to see if they have been done.

For this size boat...it is the best one on the market (IMO).

Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       09-01-2005, 4:26 AM Reply   
The '01 has the 3 tank KGB and new style tower. I couldn't be happier with mine. The wake is great.

Holderbee, what cooler ???

(Message edited by ndh2o on September 01, 2005)
Old     (holderbee)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-01-2005, 6:04 AM Reply   
CaryI love your profile pic. That is too cool!

I'm talking about the little plastic tub under the rear seat. It was MC's attempt at a boat cooler. It doesn't even have a drain built in.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-01-2005, 7:10 AM Reply   
The dealer told me that it was not a cooler. Maybe he was saving face for MC?