Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (boomboom)      Join Date: Apr 2008       04-23-2010, 10:44 AM Reply   
First, I hate this****ing Ipod, second I hate Apple.

With that said, I'm not buying another MP3 player... Is there anyway to get my old music onto this Ipod from a new computer? I can't even get new music I purchase to load onto my ipod.

This is a new computer if that makes a difference. I go tthe Copypod software and it pulled everything off the ipod ont the computer, but now I can't get new music onto the ipod??????

I miss CDs!! Just hit play or stop......
Old     (jdameron)      Join Date: Jan 2010       04-23-2010, 12:38 PM Reply   
If you have all your music on one folder its pretty easy. When your in iTunes, just go to file then add file to library. Select the folder that your music is in and your good to good. When you plug in your ipod, just re-sync it and it will add all the new music that you added to iTunes. BTW I'm with you I hate Apple products/software! It sucks!
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-23-2010, 12:40 PM Reply   
No help because I refuse to get an Ipod, EVER....
but +1 for them being awful
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       04-23-2010, 12:45 PM Reply   
The best way I know how to get your old music onto your new computer is to put the iPod into Disk Mode (essentially it becomes an external hard drive). Copy your folder that contains your iTunes Music (all the MP3s) on from the old computer. Then hook that bad boy up to your new computer and transfer the files into your new computers iTunes music folder. Then through iTunes you can import files. If you have a home network, you can use the program iTunes Redux and copy them over from one computer to the next.

Maybe if you removed the Apple hate from the room it would work better for you (they can be sensitive). I love my iPod, it works great and has weeks of music at the ready and thus it works perfect.
Old     (mattgettel)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-23-2010, 12:45 PM Reply   
love my iphone
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       04-23-2010, 12:59 PM Reply   
+1 for Big Heavy on the method of transfer.

iTunes software can be a pain in the a*s. But I LOVE my iPod. I love having virtually my entire music library on my iPod. I can take my library on the run, for a bike ride, on the boat, my friend's boat, in the car, at home on the stereo, etc. When I put it on Shuffle it's like listening to Andy Radio. The iPod has rejuvenated my interest in music and discovering new music completely.

Don't know about you, but I got sick of rotating out the 48 CD's in the folder I used to keep in my car. Often, it felt like I was sick of them all. Now, I have EVERYTHING!

For sure, it's a pain to get up to speed and manage iTunes and my library. But the payoff has been great (for me)!

Last edited by ottog1979; 04-23-2010 at 1:03 PM. Reason: more
Old     (pucktowake)      Join Date: May 2007       04-23-2010, 1:09 PM Reply   
Itunes and Ipod are like no other thing. They work really well. You just have to know how to use them and be able to play nice. Then you will have much respect for them and maybe you will not H8 so much.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-23-2010, 1:41 PM Reply   
UPS man just showed up and dropped off my "Ipod Touch" knock off from hong kong.... its awesome.

I bought it just to keep in my car/boat and not care if it got wrecked (was only $15 +20 shipping).

Plugged it in, nice screen, shows up as "revmovable storage" so I just drag and drop everything and it organizes everything nicely.... has an external speaker, expandable memory, little buttons for volume/menu otherwise all touch screen.

Feels cheap, but if it lasts me through the summer I'll have gotten my $15 worth.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       04-23-2010, 1:54 PM Reply   
I use a iphone and and a ipod nano, both synced up to one computer . I couldn't be happier. I have music everywhere I go, integrated in car and boat, downloading new music on the go while I drive, workout, travel, pandora......itunes / ipod totally rocks. The iPhone especially is amazing to me.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       04-23-2010, 8:03 PM Reply   
I didn't used to be an Apple fan but I had a chance to get an iphone cheap and it is awesome.

I still hate itunes though.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       04-24-2010, 7:30 AM Reply   
Why put music on when you can just stream pandora?

Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       04-24-2010, 2:41 PM Reply   
"second I hate Apple."

You need to buy a MacBook. You'll eat those words.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-24-2010, 5:23 PM Reply   
Ipods rule, Itunes blows....
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-30-2010, 4:31 PM Reply   
itunes SUCKS! I had to reinstall Windows on my laptop, my internet tethering wasn't working on my iphone until I installed itunes again, which sucks cos I needed it and it wasn't working.

I've just changed some settings in an attempt to be able to remove songs from the phone and it ripped all my apps off without even asking me, so I'm having to copy them back again, itunes is currently putting them all back in alphabetical order so I will have to move them all around again to get them back where they were or learn the new layout.

I couldn't copy music I ripped from CD to my phone until today when I Authorised the PC (for the second time, not sure why it didn't work the first time) and I still can't remove music from the ipod and copy different music in. Also, auto fill is CRAP, i get half of an album sometimes, or 4 different artists which are all the same. It was really easy the first time, second time around it's just retarded.

Can anyone help me with settings that let me remove songs from the phone? I've done some searching but can't find anything useful. Thanks in advance.

Running an iphone 3gs, Windows 7 Enterprise and the latest itunes. Starting to regret ever buying this phone, it does great things but the stress of figuring out how to do simple things isn't worth it. At least it was cheap, I'd have never bought one otherwise...
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-30-2010, 4:38 PM Reply   
Well it turns out I still don't have any of the 3 cds I ripped into itunes the other day on my phone, WTF!?!?

Do I have to delete everything and reset the phone to make it work? It is synching but not copying the music from the itunes folder into the folder on the iphone. I'm lost... Maybe it's still associated with my laptop as it was before the reinstall (different machine name, same OS and everything else though).
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-30-2010, 4:55 PM Reply   
Forgot to mention I still haven't upgraded the OS, running 3.1.3 currently but I'm starting to do some research into why or why not upgrade. At first I heard good things about the new OS, since then mostly bad things.
Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       09-30-2010, 5:16 PM Reply   
ur holdin it wrong

Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       09-30-2010, 7:48 PM Reply   
Hahaha thanks Wes, I'll give that a shot.

Just discovered it has reset all my high scores too, so many hours of work... gone.
Old     (actiondcpd)      Join Date: Apr 2003       10-01-2010, 12:38 PM Reply   
Rhapsody!
Old     (benbuchholz)      Join Date: Oct 2009       10-01-2010, 1:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtnz View Post
Well it turns out I still don't have any of the 3 cds I ripped into itunes the other day on my phone, WTF!?!?

Do I have to delete everything and reset the phone to make it work? It is synching but not copying the music from the itunes folder into the folder on the iphone. I'm lost... Maybe it's still associated with my laptop as it was before the reinstall (different machine name, same OS and everything else though).
Old    SamIngram            10-01-2010, 2:36 PM Reply   
Jailbreak that thing and just move stuff over in folders through windows! or use itunesbrowser if you can find a copy. The guy who wrote is on twitter at @NetMage. It will let you move stuff over in folders too.
Old     (jtnz)      Join Date: Sep 2007       10-03-2010, 6:51 PM Reply   
Jacking a dead thread asking about a similar problem? Well pardon me...

Got it sorted now thanks for the replies.
Old     (MightySAM)      Join Date: Aug 2010       10-05-2010, 9:46 AM Reply   
"I miss CDs!! Just hit play or stop......"

Do you miss carrying 20 CDs in your car? Do you miss skipping every song you don't like? Do you miss taking the CD out and putting another CD in just to play the song you like? Do you miss that ugly CD holder that you hang on the visor in your car? Do you miss paying $20 just to get two or three songs you like? Do you miss going into the music store and searching for that one song you like and having to look through hundreds of CDs? Do you miss scratching your CD and having to buy a new one because it skips or wont play? What exactly do you miss about CD's?
Old     (ottog1979)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-05-2010, 11:00 AM Reply   
^^^ Amen!
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       10-05-2010, 12:57 PM Reply   
" Do you miss paying $20 just to get two or three songs you like?"

I never did understand the mentality of people who did this in the first place. I know people who used to brag about having 300 + cd's in their collection. most of these people only bought the cd's because of 1 or 2 songs. what a waste. I prefered to buy cds of the bands I liked. this meant that I enjoyed 99% of the stuff on the album. I prefer cd's over itunes, mostly because I enjoyed reading the liner notes, thank you's, etc. those are the kinds of things you dont get from itunes.
but I am somewhat of a dinosaur when it comes to music, so my opinion only.