Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 07, 2006

Old     (bigfaceplanter)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-21-2006, 9:02 AM Reply   
We've went to Table Rock for several years but want to bring several more families with us. Since the Shell Knob area books up early, We thought maybe We'd try out one of the other lakes in the area.

Any recommendations? place to stay.

Areas of importance. Decent place to stay, avoidance of Big Water, close to smooth water, cliff jumping nearby.
Old     (bbeach)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-21-2006, 9:34 AM Reply   
Bull Shoals is very nice! can't comment on Beaver...

Check near Pontiac Marine at Bull Shoals! Lots of open empty water up there!
Old     (cweb)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-21-2006, 9:39 AM Reply   
Check out bullshoalslakeboatdock.com We did a 2 houseboat trip with them and had 22 people and they pampered us. Beautiful boats, smooth water, and 250 feet deep!! add all the sacks you want!! They even fixed an exhaust gasket on one of our boats for free. They really go above and beyond for you. They are a family owned resort and i cant recomend them enough. ask for ricky eastwold and tell him chris from Heartland in rockford sent you. Cdub
Old     (cweb)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-21-2006, 9:40 AM Reply   
oh yeah, and the cliff jumping is second to none....they will guide you anywhere you want to go.
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-21-2006, 9:59 AM Reply   
I have been to Beaver a couple of times. I am not really a big fan of the lake. There didn't seem to be many nice places to stay that were on the water. Have you tried the Holiday Island area on Table Rock? Its always glass.
Old     (luv2board48)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-23-2006, 8:15 AM Reply   
I've heard that beaver lake is not that good for wakeboarding. I have friends that have been there and they say bull shoals is much better. I went to pontiac cove 2 weekends ago and it was really crouded because of the holliday. Pontiac cove has nice facilities and I am sure if you go there on a non holliday weekend it will be nice and calm water. We also go to Tucker Hollow. Whether its a holliday or not it is never crouded there and there are a good amount of coves and smooth shores.
Old     (gdog)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-23-2006, 7:02 PM Reply   
just moved from Ca. about a month ago. have my boat docked right on beaver. lake seems ok, need to find the right coves early or late. we went this afternoon actually found some good water. we are pretty spoiled too, learned to board on the delta, always good water no matter what time of day. bullshoars sounds nice.
Old     (danrocks4)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-24-2006, 2:45 PM Reply   
Bull Shoals is a great lake. i went for two days this summer and found water that was great all day long both days, plus its really clean and clear.
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-24-2006, 5:43 PM Reply   
Another vote for Bull Shoals!
Of course, I am prejudiced...
Old     (shaun_murray)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-24-2006, 5:48 PM Reply   
Bull Shoals is my favorite lake in the country if not the world. ive ridden a few places, and it takes the cake for me. Great riding almost everywhere you go, not many other people out there, super deep, good camping and houseboating. I second bullshoalsboatdock.com
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-24-2006, 7:36 PM Reply   
I also heard Bull Shoals was a good place to ride. We checked it out back when my wife was thinking of moving for work. Glad she never did.

On a side note Jerry when are you moving back miss riding with ya. Plus we need to piss my pops off some more I am at work more. hehe I miss sending Shanna to work and having her tell my pops that Squid is at the lake this moring he will be in later.

(Message edited by twakess on September 24, 2006)
Old     (gdog)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-24-2006, 7:45 PM Reply   
squid,
what up? never know when i'll be back, i heard something about you snowboarding this season, the snow might be the only thing I can keep up with you on, HA!!
Old     (twakess)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-24-2006, 8:44 PM Reply   
Ya, gerry might give it a try. First time in over 8 years I am not winter riding.
Old     (craigystyle_05)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-24-2006, 11:34 PM Reply   
i love beaver lake... its just about a 4 hour drive.... not a table rock but still an awesome lake
Old     (cweb)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-25-2006, 7:03 AM Reply   
haha, yeah, i forgot that shaun (murray) has a bunch of pictures up at bull shoals lake boat dock. He vacations there every year with gerry?? (correct me if im wrong shaun! The houseboats are soo much fun!! trying to dock start off the top of the front is insane. (NOT APPROVED BY THE STAFF) shaun, have you ever tried/landed that??
Old     (bigfaceplanter)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-27-2006, 8:28 AM Reply   
Bull Shoals it is!!!!!!!! Thanks
Old     (cweb)      Join Date: Sep 2006       09-27-2006, 8:37 AM Reply   
Let us know what you think!! are going to go with the houseboat, or camping??
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-27-2006, 11:55 AM Reply   
You made the right choice! When are you planning on coming here?
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-27-2006, 6:08 PM Reply   
All three of these lakes are great lakes. Good riding on all 3. Beaver is the smallest of the group, and bull shoals definately has the bigger water. All of them have good clifs for jumping and blocking wind for good riding water. I am partial to beaver since I live on it, but all 3 are great
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-27-2006, 7:45 PM Reply   
Todd, I'm sorry, I didn't mean that Beaver isn't a great place, too. Of course they are all great. We are all partial to what we know best, aren't we? Boats, lakes, cars...whatever we have must be the best. It's just human nature.
We'll have to check out Beaver one of these days.
Old     (snyper1d)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-27-2006, 10:09 PM Reply   
I didn't mean my post in a defensive manner at all. I was just saying that I am partial to my lake for the reason that I ride here the most, and I know where to find good water in most all conditions. I do think that all the white river lakes are great, and you live on probably the prettiest. No harm meant in my post. How is the new boat comming btw?
Old     (soak_up_the_sun)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-28-2006, 5:04 AM Reply   
The boat is great! You still need to come up here and give us some pointers though
I didn't take your post defensively at all, I was just pointing out, like you wrote, that we are all partial to our "own" areas, simply because we are most familiar with them.
We are really lucky to be able to live here!