Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through November 16, 2009

Old     (cdrymalla)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-02-2009, 8:46 AM Reply   
I bought a Faction handle about 7 weeks ago and I have liked it overall, but I have come across two problems.
(1) It sunk from day 1 and never floated
(2) within less than a week I noticed a small nick in the pad of the handle that has stretched out into a 1" tear over the last couple of weeks.

I am extremely careful with the handle, and I don't have any idea when it could have been torn during use.

I was not happy with the sinking thing, but it was not a big deal and I didn;t worry about it, but the tear looked to be getting worse so I called CWB yesterday and basically they said I could pay to ship it to them, they would take a look at it and may replace it. Not bad, but I really don't feel like I should have to pay the bill for a handle that seemed to be a problem right off the bat, i.e., not floating and tearing in less than a couple of weeks. One of the reasons I buy CWB products is that their customer service is supposed to be outstanding. Most of the people I know who have had problems had products exchanged out without blinking an eye. I offered to send pics, to have them ship the handle to me first (they could charge me if they wanted) and I would ship my handle back (and then refund the price), but they suggested I had to ship it to them on my dime. Has something changed? I understand that they just can't take anything, but these are some apparent flaws on a basically new handle that could be easily seen in a picture.

So here are my resulting questions:
(1) Is this a quality product to begin with? Have others had the same problems? I know the $10 to ship is not a huge deal, but if am going to just get another one that sinks/tears easy, I don't want to fork down another $10 each time. If it isn't quality I'll just buy a different brand and move on.
(2) They didn't say, "if what is wrong with your handle is true we will send you a new one", it was more of a send it up here and we will take a look at it...I don't want to spend the time and money shipping it if they are going to just send it back...Any others have experience with their customer service lately?
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-02-2009, 9:04 AM Reply   
Yes it is a quality handle, I sold quite a few and have had zero brought back to my shop for warranty.

Take it back to the shop you purchased the handle from and have the shop warranty the handle.

CWB has been great for any warranty items I have had come through the shop.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-02-2009, 9:05 AM Reply   
Bummer. The customer service received from their warranty department has been absolutely horrible from everybody I know who has dealt with them lately...including myself. It is unfortunate to hear because I always had great experiences with them in the past with the old warranty manager. I'm out on their products now until they change the way things are done there.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-02-2009, 9:08 AM Reply   
Jeff has a good point. Maybe you can deal directly with the place you bought it from. They may be of better help.
Old     (cdrymalla)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-02-2009, 9:34 AM Reply   
I bought it on-line through BoardersBestBuy (link above), so I won't be ale to walk it into them, but I will try giving them a call too.

I know I should buy stuff through the local shop, but they are not at all convenient to where I live (takes about 45min to get there), but I do try to buy what I can from them.

(Message edited by cdrymalla on October 02, 2009)
Old     (thedoubleupkid)      Join Date: May 2008       10-02-2009, 10:24 AM Reply   
You can send me a picture of the handle to caseyj@ridecwb.com. I'm the Proline product manager and I will take care of your issue personally. Please excuse Eubanks comments. Of course this is a public forum and all are welcome to express their opinions but from my investigation into his warranty file and he has an unjustified an unwarranted personal vendetta w/ our current warranty manager. Also, as a reminder, please note that any consumer product purchased the customer is almost always responsible to ship the warranty item back to the manufacturer.

-Thanks
Casey
Old     (cdrymalla)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-02-2009, 11:53 AM Reply   
Casey,

Will do. Thanks for your response. I understand that charging for the shipment back is a common request, my post was directed more toward not wanting exchange one after another if these were common problems.

Chris
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-02-2009, 12:30 PM Reply   
Wow, those are some big accusations Casey. Personal vendetta?? Are you serious? I expressed my first hand experience in dealing with the warranty department. I was yelled at and disrespected by the current warranty manager...and I have had friends with the same first hand experience as me. How in the world is being honest about a real experience a "personal vendetta"? I don't know the guy from Adam so I can only speak about the way I was treated. Speaking up about my negative experiences has nothing to do vendettas. It has to do with an issue within the company that is hurting their business that I hope gets addressed. Thanks for completly invalidating a customer's experience with your company...and especially an experience you were not even involved with.

By the way, as I said before, I appreciated you following up with me regarding my situation. You told me you were going to send me a replacement product which you never did. I didn't get mad about your failure to do so...I just let it go.
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-02-2009, 2:49 PM Reply   
+ for CWB and their warranty company.. I have had nothing but the best customer service and warranty experience from them.. Any defective products have been replaced and or serviced in more than a reasonable amount of time.. I have no affiliation to CWB other than a really satisfied customer and will continue to support them!
Old     (breakz77)      Join Date: Mar 2003       10-02-2009, 3:24 PM Reply   
Isaac - "No Affiliation" Come on.....
You're from the Delta and ride with DRA @ CIE

Hahaaa
J/K

Someone had to say it :-)
Old     (extremeisaac)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-02-2009, 3:35 PM Reply   
no way dude.. I totally suck and just enjoy the company of really good riders and good people
Old     (all_board_rider)      Join Date: May 2009       10-02-2009, 5:18 PM Reply   
Chris, hope C-DUB helps you out with your handle! I also have had noting but AWESOME customer service from CWB...everytime a customer or myself needs something warrantied they are right on top of it!!
Old     (cdrymalla)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-03-2009, 10:07 AM Reply   
Thanks for the comments. I will work with Casey to get the handle taken care of.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       10-04-2009, 7:07 PM Reply   
Updates? I hope things work out for you Chris.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       10-06-2009, 9:27 AM Reply   
I still have yet to hear from Casey. Called him out on the handles not being available, and they have yet to deliver any of them to my shop.

I just want a dang handle!!!! :-) I really want to support CWB, but this is making it hard.
Old     (thedoubleupkid)      Join Date: May 2008       10-06-2009, 1:02 PM Reply   
Sorry fellas,

I was out Monday - remember you can always contact me direct -> caseyj@ridecwb.com. I called your dealer and it turns out they never placed an order so you will need to contact them and have someone issue a PO# for you. All the 2010 Proline inventory is available and ready to ship ASAP.

Thanks,
Casey
Old     (backflop)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-16-2009, 5:53 PM Reply   
I emailed cwb for support with an issue with my handle late last night. The issue was resolved before noon today. They were very polite, very helpful, and very fast. Top notch service.
Old     (cdrymalla)      Join Date: Aug 2009       10-18-2009, 7:25 PM Reply   
I received the replacement handle from Casey at CWB this past week. He was prompt about communicating back and forth, and had it shipped out pretty quickly! I did not get a chance to try it out this weekend, but we plan on hitting the lake after work this week or this weekend. Thanks! Chris