Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 30, 2005

Old    wayknbayk            10-08-2005, 2:05 PM Reply   
I currently ride a 05 subjekt..I know the best thing to do would be to demo..but what are the differences between the 06 PS3, Watson, Shane, and Substance? I was even thinking about switching over to a CWB marius or absolute. I would love a board with huge vertical pop and sofer landings than my subjekt. Any info would be appreciated.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       10-09-2005, 10:57 PM Reply   
I can't speak for some of those boards, but I have an 04 Absolute, and it lands great, much better than my Parks or Belmont. I just got a Marius, and it is by far the softest landing board I have ridden.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       10-11-2005, 12:19 PM Reply   
Flava Dave All I can say is CWB Marius or Absolute both great boards with big vertical pop and the Marius lands softer than any board on the market IMO. You cant go wrong with the CWB line and the new 06 Trancend Platinum is going to be sick as well.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-11-2005, 1:15 PM Reply   
If your looking for loads of vertical pop I would recomend the Absolute or the Transcend they are both going to get it done for you. The Marius is a killer board too, a bit faster into the wake, not quite as much of an abrupt pop. I haven't had a chance to ride the '06 Transcend with the speed base yet, but Kevin Bird is loving his. Suposed to fix the sluggish issues that the '05s had.

Also, if you are looking for a lighter and snappier ride: both the Transcend and the Absolute are available platinum for the first time. The bigger Transcend is actually a full pound lighter in the platinum version.

Check out the new CWB bindings too if you get a chance. So far the Zeus and the Fuse are my favorites. The Fuse's have so much support and a really comfy footbed. I'm pretty juiced on the whole CWB lineup for '06 if you can't tell.
Old     (tings00)      Join Date: Aug 2005       10-11-2005, 2:07 PM Reply   
any buddy have an opinion on the 06 murray
Old     (goinbigg17)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-11-2005, 2:09 PM Reply   
I'm saying the Marius too like all the other guys. Smoothest board I have ever ridden IMO. Super soft landings and smooth pop off the wake for me, great ride. Now when will they come out with the 144.......
Old     (sixmilecrew)      Join Date: Feb 2005       10-12-2005, 9:02 AM Reply   
I am riding 140's right now but they are saying that with the new Shane you can ride 2-3 cm shorter. Is it a good idea to go down to the 136 instead of the 140 just a because its alot wider than it used to be? I know they mention swing weight, but wont you lose a little pop shortening the board?
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       10-12-2005, 12:08 PM Reply   
I wouldn't worry so much about the pop as I would the landings. I like have a bit more board out in front of me on landings.
Old    will            10-12-2005, 12:31 PM Reply   
Well I was lucky enough to get to try the new Murray board and the new Murray bindings during the Expo at the OWC. The new Murray board was pretty incredible. It has the most rocker I have every seen in a wakeboard. As far as how it rode, it was average while just surfing/cursing straight, but when you put it on edge...hold on! The board was freakin fast! The pop was awesome and very controllable. The landings were also very smooth. I rode the 138 and it definitely felt small compared to the 139 3DS. The tip and tail while looking down at it while riding, reminded me of the old Lavell. As far as the bindings: The new sock/snake skin linings where super easy to get into/out even without slime. Once wet and strapped down, the liner grabbed incredibly well. Additionally, it didn't pull hairs. As far as comfort, was probably one of the best hyperlite boots I have ever ridden. Plenty of room for your toes to wiggle around, kind of felt like a balloon around the toe section Additionally, with the Option2 strap now intergraded into the Boa system, it was super fast getting into and out of.