Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 04, 2005

Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-30-2005, 7:49 AM Reply   
fyi:

I found a 91 sanger with 400 hours for 11.5k and it looks super clean, awaiting a callback from the owner right now and wanted to get some opinions on the wake / boat.

I know there a couple of people on here who have one or used to have one / Rick H & another guy up by Sonoma, possibly one of Walts buddies??? I was looking for some opinions on the boat / wake / tower options, etc.... Any 411 / pics of wake when weighted is appreciated.

Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       03-30-2005, 7:57 AM Reply   
The wake is nice on them. Takes weight to get them big, and that is where the low freeboard sucks. Fat seat of somekind in the back and it will need lead or more water ballast in the bow. Tower? ohh so many options, but Monster Towers seems like the best bang for the buck.

No more Centurian?
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-30-2005, 8:01 AM Reply   
Hey Peter,

I hope all is well, thnx 4 the info, I believe Cory n Tammy had a simillar boat. The boat comes with a tandem trailer, bimini, gear, heater, 356 hours, original owner ( no tower/pole ) and he says he is negotiable... so I am hoping to pick it up for 10K if its clean....

Yeah, I sold my troubles last year. I quit renting in Disco Bay & bought a home n Tracy. I was planning on waiting a couple years n then getting a new Sanger but always on the lookout for a good deal. If I can pick up this boat for 10K, I think it would hold me over for a couple more years.

-=peace=-
Aaron
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-30-2005, 9:08 AM Reply   
Aaron:
Whats up? good to hear form you. I sold my 89 DX2 closed bow with 402 hrs, tower,speakers and all the gear for $12,500 2 yrs ago. It was clean but not great. The Monster tower would be great on that boat for cheap. The wake is really surprising but as Peter said it takes a bit of weight. I used a fat sac in front of rear seat & 300 lead in the bow and it was very rampy but you'll find you use a shorter rope than on the newer boats with wake cause the bottom hull is soo flat the ramp is in closer. Very low bow so you'll do fine driving but maybe some buddies might take a wave over the front if not carefull. @ 10K you could use it for 2 seasons and flip it for the same if you dont thrash it.

Rick
Old    walt            03-30-2005, 2:49 PM Reply   
Aaron,
Here's a pic of Richs Sanger. If you ask me they have a really nice shape to the wake. I think he runs one 500 pound sack in the front and one in the back. I'll look and see if I have any pics of his wake. They are put together really well too.

Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       03-30-2005, 3:00 PM Reply   
Do it up man. You know I'm a fan of Sangers. I think the DXII basically has the same shape wake as my boat, but they sit a little lower. Let me know if you do it. I've got a bunch of stuff I can hook you up with..... Ballast sacs, lead, subwoofers and stereo equipment, and a bunch of other stuff.

Peace
Old    walt            03-30-2005, 3:03 PM Reply   
Here's a good pic of the wake but a bad pic of me.
Old    walt            03-30-2005, 3:04 PM Reply   
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-30-2005, 3:10 PM Reply   
Thanks for the heads up / 411.... I will keep ya posted on the developments...

AJ
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       03-30-2005, 5:10 PM Reply   
Aaron,I straight up love my 90 Sanger DXII.My friend Shane that introduced me to boardin had one,and when I drove it,that was it.

It takes a couple sacks to wake it up,but it's nice and clean,and rampy.I have run 3 sacks in it before,but you got to have good drivers,or they'll take one over the bow.They sit lower when weighted up.LOL.

They are well built too.15 years old,and the only mechanical piece that I had to fix was my steering cable.

I have redone my interior like a 95,96,so it looks newer on the inside.
A little bigger would be cool,but it's paid for,and held it's value great.
Old    mendo247            03-30-2005, 5:43 PM Reply   
how is that sanger waited? that wake looks pretty good.. are you really running 500 pounds up front..i have 200 and i got to keep an eye on my bow..
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       03-30-2005, 6:02 PM Reply   
In that pic,I think it was 300 in the front,and about 600/650 in the rear.
Front sack is under the bow,right in front of the drivers feet(I rest mine on it).
Rear is behind the back seat,when it fills up,it pushes the seat up to the engine box.
This is the easiest way for me,rather than runnin sacks alongside the motor box.
Old     (sparks426)      Join Date: Dec 2003       03-31-2005, 1:21 PM Reply   
I have an 89. Great boat, I have a Wake Air tower on it (picked up around Christmas a few years ago at $900, Christmas special). We typically don't run any weight, but pack in 6 people a lot, so not much room for anything else at that point. Great boat, love mine, can't go wrong at that price if everything is in good shape / working.