Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Non-Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       10-19-2009, 7:12 AM Reply   
Well I know you college football lovers are in full swing, but I am getting excited about this basketball season already. KU is the favorite in my opinion, but I am not sure if they have what it takes to win a NC this year. Already starting fights and loaning players cars. We will see if they can get it together. Cal is still a crook, just wearing a different color, and UNC is as pure as they have always been. Duke, well, I wont even mention them boys since Henderson ripped their heart out and Elliot Williams is gone. BUT, I want start this year with a headline for my main man Ian. Way to start the season and keep it classy in Lawrence : )

Tension between members of the football and basketball teams at the University of Kansas prompted a pair of on-campus confrontations over the past 24 hours – one of which left a star player injured.

Basketball coach Bill Self confirmed Wednesday that guard Tyshawn Taylor dislocated his left thumb during a fracas that occurred outside the athletic dining hall shortly after 6:30 p.m. Tuesday.

Kansas guard Tyshawn Taylor.
( Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images)
Citing information obtained from a KU police report, the Lawrence Journal World reported the fight involved as many as 100 people. One witness told officers: “It appeared members of the KU football and basketball team had been ‘baiting’ each other, and it had escalated into taunting and shouting and then fighting.”

No arrests were made.

More From Jason KingTrue blue Patterson Oct 16, 2009 Peaceful coexistence Oct 9, 2009 ADVERTISEMENT

A second altercation occurred shortly before 10 a.m. Wednesday morning, when KU Public Safety officers were dispatched to an area outside of Wescoe Hall on KU’s campus. The University Daily Kansan reported that a fight broke out between a group of football and basketball players after one of the Morris twins – according to a witness – pushed a football player down a flight of stairs.

“It all happened really fast,” KU senior Mary Skevington, who witnessed the incident, told the Daily Kansan. “There were a lot of people throwing punches.”

The newspaper reported that police were questioning football players Dezmon Briscoe and Chris Harris at the scene, and that basketball players were also being questioned. Taylor, Marcus and Markief Morris, Mario Little, Sherron Collins, Brady Morningstar, Elijah Johnson, Travis Releford, Tyrel Reed and Thomas Robinson were among the basketball players on the scene, according to the paper.

(Message edited by nu2dagam on October 19, 2009)
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-19-2009, 7:34 AM Reply   
seriously, it took you 10 days to pick up on this? you are slipping Howell. Still love my Jayhawks and they are still going to be the best team in the nation this year. Hopefully we'll be able to take out JC in the championship game again.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       10-19-2009, 7:41 AM Reply   
I didnt want to jump on your the day after it happened, I was trying to give you a chance to heal, like your starting guards dislocated thumb : ) John Calipari my a** hurts. You might want to worry about the defending National Champions instead of those bunch of freshmen sitting over there cashing their paychecks.

Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-19-2009, 8:22 AM Reply   
Did you hear the one dude's quotes. "N=@#%$'s be mean muggin me, I be mean muggin them back."
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-19-2009, 8:30 AM Reply   
I am looking forward to the start of basketball. UW has one of if not the best back courts in the country. They are goign to have to play really up tempo though to make up for their lack of bigs.

Also anybody that thought Arizona was falling off the face of the earth is in for a rude awakening. They may end their streak of NCAA tourney appearances but they will be right back on top of the west in no time. Shaun Miller was a huge get for them. They are lucky they got him. Mos tof their other top candidates are straight grease balls. Pitino, Cal and Floyd. Man did they dodge a bullet there.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-19-2009, 8:48 AM Reply   
Lance Stephenson aka Born Ready. Never heard of him? You will.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-19-2009, 9:11 AM Reply   
yeah, i've heard of him... KU almost landed him until the Xavier Henry show turned up in Lawrence. The big knock on Lance was his attitude if I remember right.

FOR EVERYONE HERE: I concede that KU has shown a big time lack of class so far this year. I concede that the crap Taylor put on his twitter account was f'ing ridiculous. It sucks, but I still love KU.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-19-2009, 9:11 AM Reply   
Eric, isn't that if the kid does not end up in Jail or banned for some NCAA violation?

(Message edited by zo1 on October 19, 2009)
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       10-19-2009, 9:37 AM Reply   
Born Ready aka Professional Player

Ian, that was some funny crap the KU players did for midnight madness.

At UW's midnight madness 5'8" Isaiah Thomas won the dunk contest. He must be trying to follow in Nate Rob's footsteps although I don't know if there is a more athletic person in all of basketball as Nate Rob other than King James.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-19-2009, 9:49 AM Reply   
Manzo, no he has been cleared. Has gotten an extremely bad rap for his attitude problems. Gets heated on the court, but that can be delt with. Ran into him up in a cincy mall a few weeks back, dude real humble in person.

His talent top 5 in the country coming in. All time leading scorer in New York, done some serious work on players at Rucker park and other venues. Owned OJ mayo when he was in 8th grade... the list goes on and on, kids a one year player for sure.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       10-19-2009, 10:00 AM Reply   
Yeah Ian, that crap was exactly that crap, it didnt take Long for Self to wrangle them fools back in. I had to do it for you putting up those pictures of the bon fires on Franklin Street after the National Championship last year. I was trying to find the post, but couldnt search it up. It is going to be a great year. I truly believe KU is the team to beat, MSU is a close second, then Texas, and after that it is a crap shoot in my opinion. I am hoping my Heels can gel correctly, because if so, we are not going to be a team that anyone wants to meet in the tourney. And god forbid Duke's squad shows up this year. I cant wait. We are less than 3 weeks from our first game. UNC has a run the first week of December where they play, MSU, Texas and Kentucky. All within I think 10 days. That is going to show what this squad is made up. Besides McDonalds All-Americans : )
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-19-2009, 10:12 AM Reply   
well, i'll throw you another bone then... you missed this one.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4528639
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       10-19-2009, 11:16 AM Reply   
I did see that, what is going on over there in Lawrence? So that is one starter from last year injured, which I have not seen what the rehab time on a dislocated thumb is, and one that will definitely not play due to the DUI. How much do those two guys hurt your chances at a NC run? Do you need to borrow Roy again to straighten that program up?
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       10-19-2009, 11:17 AM Reply   
And for the record, I DETEST Calipari and hope the heels send that "And 1" team packing in Rupp this year.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-19-2009, 11:19 AM Reply   
Morningstar hurts our chances by a margin of exactly zero percent. Tyshawn should recover very quickly so I don't think it will be a problem.

I don't think we would have had many minutes for Morningstar this year anyway.

Roy is welcome back, but only as a visitor. I'm quite happy with my current head coach.

sooo ready for College BBall! That is a tough opening schedule for UNC, wow.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       10-19-2009, 11:26 AM Reply   
Thats cool. You guys sound like us last year. Ginyard and Graves on the bench was not a problem. But we had a little help from MSU beating Memphis, UConn, and Lousville. And Kentucky and Texas are on the road. But that is down the line, I just want to get the season started, I am not a big college football fan, matter of fact, I am an ECU alum, so that is who I follow in football.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-19-2009, 11:35 AM Reply   
I am an ECU alum, so that is who I follow in football.

Ummmmmm, ouch. Skip not so good this year.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       10-19-2009, 11:53 AM Reply   
Ian, Can't wait for the Big 12 season to start. I'd really like our chances of a run at our first Big 12 title if it wasn't for KU fielding a decent NBA team over there in Lawrence. I am still holding my breath after this weekend that Bill Snyder will be able to find some holes in that swiss cheese you guys call a defense and things can start getting back to normal in the Sunflower State.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       10-19-2009, 12:15 PM Reply   
Yeah, 4-3 was not where i thought ECU would be this year.

Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       10-19-2009, 12:56 PM Reply   
I have been a UNC fan my whole life, since my entire family is from NC. Tennessee is my alma mater so it would be great if they can both have excellent seasons. Kentucky is going to be tough now that they have Calipari.
Old     (ndh2o)      Join Date: Oct 2001       10-19-2009, 1:04 PM Reply   
Another Tar Heel die hard here as well. Went to Late Night with Roy / Blue White game Friday night, and was impressed!!!
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       10-19-2009, 1:31 PM Reply   
I hear ya Cary, I would have liked to see that. You think LD2 is gonna be the man or what? IMO, we are stacked. But I am a fan, so only time will tell.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       10-19-2009, 1:32 PM Reply   
I am lovin all the UNC love. Nice. Where are the Duke fans, I know some are on this board.
Old     (zo1)      Join Date: Aug 2002       10-19-2009, 1:36 PM Reply   
^^^ There has to be at least one, over privileged white kid from NJ on here, right???
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       10-19-2009, 1:40 PM Reply   
^^^ There has to be at least one, over privileged white kid from NJ on here, right???

}
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       10-19-2009, 1:43 PM Reply   
fast forward to about the 2minute mark for some good Duke is super ghey ammo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDOiepXscaw&feature=player_embedded#
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       10-19-2009, 1:46 PM Reply   
What in the hell was that?
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       10-21-2009, 12:30 PM Reply   
Looks like Kyrie Irving is going to Duke. Now I wonder where Harrison Barnes is going to go. That may push him right towards UNC.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       10-27-2009, 6:33 AM Reply   
Preseason ACC polls are out, Duke and UNC are tied with Clemson bringing up the rear.
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       10-27-2009, 11:42 AM Reply   
Born Ready drops about 25 in 20 minutes played at open inter squad scrimmage.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       10-27-2009, 11:52 AM Reply   
Are you a Bearcat fan?
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       11-03-2009, 1:36 PM Reply   
First game of the regular season next monday night For my UNC fan boys out there. Ole Tyler will surely be missed in our house, but I doubt any many other houses.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOYsQHjuxWM
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-03-2009, 1:38 PM Reply   
Cole Aldrich will miss him, I'm sure he had fun owning Tyler in the paint... KU exhibition tonight.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-03-2009, 1:49 PM Reply   
since I am a Memphis fan, all of our players that had committed to Memphis are now at KU or UK, and we only have 7 players, i guess I will be sitting back and watching us try to field a team a lot this year

damn calipari!
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-03-2009, 1:58 PM Reply   
Matt just out of curiosity did u like calipari when he was there?
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-03-2009, 2:19 PM Reply   
Honest truth...

From the day he arrived, I didn't think he was a good coach. He got some of the top recruits to come to our school, which I obviously liked. But, the players won games, not the coaching. It was pure talent that got us to be a top program. All in all, I liked him being here.

I didn't trust him from the day he got here and I thought he would get us into trouble. What really pissed me off was the way he left our program. He took everything and everybody with him, and screwed our recruiting class. He knew all along what was going on and left our program in shambles. THAT is why I don't care for him.
Old     (cbrown)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-03-2009, 4:45 PM Reply   
As with Matt, I am also a Memphis fan and now see why everyone outside of Memphis fans disliked Calipari. When your teams are winning you really try to justify him, but now I have seen the light, and Kentucky fans, who used to hate Calipari, are using the same arguments and justifications now that he is their coach. The way the program was left absolutely sucks for fans but if Pastner can coach half as well as he can recruit, I feel the Tigers will be better off in the long run.

(Message edited by cbrown on November 03, 2009)
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-03-2009, 6:51 PM Reply   
oh, how embarassing!!!!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/ncaa/11/03/Syracuse.Lemoyne.ap/index.html
Old     (mjfan23)      Join Date: Nov 2003       11-04-2009, 9:42 AM Reply   
Jonathan - yes why?

Matt - ya, i was just curious what the general feeling was. He screwed over Memphis and left his dirty laundry for Memphis to deal with.
Old     (dave23)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-04-2009, 10:22 AM Reply   
Didn't Calipari do the same thing at UMASS? If I was Kentucky I would be watching him very closely to make sure he is keeping his nose clean. The NCAA already put the banhammer down on Indianan and I'm sure they wouldn't hold back against Kentucky.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       11-04-2009, 12:32 PM Reply   
Calipari is crooked, period. Kentucky can have him. Cole is going to miss Tyler alright, matter of fact he missed him last year when KU got bounced before they could meet up again. I would consider Cole lucky, there was no stopping that UNC train last year and he surely didnt want to see Tyler. One lucky game doesnt make a great player. The boy averaged 3 points that year, I would definitely call that a lucky night to have a good game against the POY. Cole is good, but he aint no Hansbrough Not yet.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-04-2009, 1:25 PM Reply   
he was a freshman and took TH completely out of rhythm in the post season. Call it what you want, but head to head edge goes to Cole.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       11-04-2009, 1:30 PM Reply   
I will take that career and you can have that game.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-04-2009, 1:43 PM Reply   
"Cole is good, but he aint no Hansbrough Not yet."

ahh, but I will have both.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       11-05-2009, 5:24 AM Reply   
You think he will be around for his senior season? If he does, you can thank Tyler for that. He has made it fashionalble again
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       11-09-2009, 1:41 PM Reply   
I know what I will be doing tonight. Watching UNC tear a new one into Florida International. I know I know, why even watch, but you never know. Syracuse was beat in an exhibition by a Div. II school. Hopefully Tyler Zeller wont break a wrist in the first game of the year. Have fun tonight.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-09-2009, 2:00 PM Reply   
why watch? i try to watch every game no matter what! I will probably even tune in for that game :-)
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       11-09-2009, 2:20 PM Reply   
Ian,

My Cats looked good against Pitt State the other night. Hopefully we can get the new guys in gear and at least make it interesting for you clowns this year.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-10-2009, 5:29 AM Reply   
Wow, just checked your schedule... should be a fairly easy early season for you guys. Just Xavier, UNLV or IU/Old Miss. I hope you guys are undefeated coming into conference play!

We should get to see what these Jayhawks are about against Memphis, UCLA, Tenn, Michigan and Temple before conference play.

Missed the UNC game last night, tuned in for a little Syracuse hoping that they'd lose again :-)
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       11-10-2009, 6:06 AM Reply   
That UNC game was not pretty. Did you see our schedule this year? We have Ohio State, Cal or Syracuse, Michigan State, Kentucky and Texas all in the next 5 weeks. That covers #2, #3 and #4 and 2 other top 25 teams. And I agree, I try to watch every game too. I will be watching tomorrow night at 9:00 again. I have to watch Puke play Friday Night with my boy. Basketball season is back and I am too stoked.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-10-2009, 6:29 AM Reply   
wow, now that is a tough schedule. But I'd rather play that schedule than an easy one personally. Gets you ready for March IMO.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       11-10-2009, 6:34 AM Reply   
I dont know if it will get you a number one seed though : ) I am ready to play Kentucky more than anyone. I can not stand Calipari and hope Roy shoves it up those freshman's ass!!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-10-2009, 6:42 AM Reply   
unfortunately I think Mr. Wall is the real deal. UK will be very good this year which sucks. However, it will feel good to beat "Coach" Cal in the NC game this year again :-)
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-10-2009, 6:31 PM Reply   
oh my goodness KU is good. Our freshman are incredible. You've heard of X but by the end of the year you will know the name Thomas Robinson. He's a STUD!! We are destroying Pitt State right now.
Old     (hbguy)      Join Date: Jun 2005       11-10-2009, 8:05 PM Reply   
Keep an eye out for UCONN this year. Somewhat young and lost some key pieces but return some great players including an awesome point guard in Kemba Walker, which helps alot when you have young guys on the team.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-11-2009, 6:57 AM Reply   
Hey K-Staters... all the talk about why KU fans are no good?? this is why KSU fans are worse:-)

Upload
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       11-17-2009, 5:37 AM Reply   
Where are those Kentucky fans? Ole Rupp Arena sure was quiet last night.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       11-17-2009, 5:47 AM Reply   
No charges filed in KU fights

Prosecutors said Friday they will not file charges against Kansas football and men's basketball players in connection with fights between the two squads in September.

University campus police investigating the disturbances forwarded evidence from their investigation to prosecutors for potential disorderly conduct charges.

But Lawrence city prosecutor Jerry Little said there was insufficient evidence to bring charges, according to the Kansas City Star.

Members of the football and basketball teams got into a fight on Sept. 22 and were involved in a second altercation the next day, in an apparent continuation of hostilities.

Men's basketball player Tyshawn Taylor injured his thumb in the first fight and later said on his Facebook page that he was hurt while throwing a punch. He later apologized for his role in the incident, saying it embarrassed both teams and the school.

Kansas athletic director Lew Perkins met with members of both teams after the second incident to express his displeasure with the incidents, saying it was "as mad as I've been in a long time."

Some of the tension between the teams stemmed from social network postings, including inflammatory and vulgar passages from Taylor that were apparently lyrics from a rap song.

Ole Roy would have suspended his own players. Way to teach those kids a lesson KU

(Message edited by nu2dagam on November 17, 2009)
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-17-2009, 6:26 AM Reply   
Jesus Howell, get over it. It's over, done. And you really think Roy would have suspended Hansbrough or Lawson... come on.

I mean, friggin UK almost gets beat AT HOME by MIAMI of OHIO and this is what you post this morning??? You must be obsessed with KU basketball. I understand, we are pretty amazing.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       11-17-2009, 7:06 AM Reply   
Read my first post of the day Ian, my original intent was the Kentucky game, but I had to post something over your boys when I saw the headline. Heavy is the crown my brother, heavy is the crown. Thats what happens when you get the #1 spot. You ARE the hot topic. And yes, Roy would have suspended Lawson and Hansborough for a couple games in the beginning of the season for fighting with the football team. No doubt about it. It is the damn beginning of the season. It is more principle then about losses. Even without a couple of star players you shouldnt lose a game at the beginning of the season. Unless you are Kentucky and John Calipari. Although we had one stole from us at Santa Clara when Felton was supsended for playing in a non-sanctioned summer league a few years ago. But just for good measure, KU SUCKS!!!! And I mean Kentucky and Kansas.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-17-2009, 7:45 AM Reply   
would have made my freakin day if kentucky had lost last night!!! unfortunately, Wall is one hell of a player.

on a side note, have you all noticed that Memphis now has the top recruiting class for 2010? The past few days have been great for Tiger fans. Pastner has coached 1 college game and he is signing some top recruits. I feel confident he is legit and by the book too.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-17-2009, 7:47 AM Reply   
yeah, i saw that as I was posting but decided to ignore it. But just so you know, we don't care about Roy anymore (however I do still really like Roy, he's a great coach and person and you guys are lucky to have him). We're very happy with Bill Self so far. He will make his mark as Roy has.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       11-17-2009, 7:58 AM Reply   
Matt, you can blame that Kentucky win on me. I was watching the Duke game with a buddy and I knew I shouldnt have turned to that game. Kentucky was losing and I just had to see it with my own eyes and then they pulled it out. I should have staying on the Duke game. I did see the Memphis recruiting class. They are looking good. And Ian I am sure you guys dont care about Roy anymore. He didnt win a NC there and you have won one since he left.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-17-2009, 8:00 AM Reply   
Matt, it's on tonight! KU vs Memphis 10PM EST. Ready for an ass whoopin? hope some of those recruits don't bail after seeing the beatdown KU gives Memphis... haha
Old     (cbrown)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-17-2009, 10:06 AM Reply   
Hopefully it wont be an ass whoopin, only a slight kick. If Memphis can keep it in the 10ish range that would be spectacular.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-17-2009, 11:13 AM Reply   
i would be shocked to hell if we can keep it to 10ish!!!! I am just glad we are even fielding a team this year as opposed to forfeiting every game. It's ok that we will suck this year, in relative terms. I believe Pastner will do well for himself this year.

Remind me to come back to the '10-11 thread next year!
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-17-2009, 9:28 PM Reply   
Wow, very nice game. Memphis is obviously under rated and dare I say KU may be a little bit over hyped? We played like arse but so did Memphis and you guys almost came away with a win. I will admit, i really disliked Memphis when Cal was there but this new guy seems very like-able (sp?). Turning down endorsements, very refreshing!

Anyway, congrats on the great game. Howell go ahead and dish it out. KU sucked tonight.
Old     (lfadam)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-17-2009, 10:05 PM Reply   
Duke fan right here! They are looking better than I expected so far, still early though. Singler is real good, but itll take more than him.

Been a Duke fan for years, but now that Im at VT, theyre taking priority of course. So far we arent looking to good, looks like another year of being a bubble team for NCAA. Luckily we arent losing anyone of importance this year so we could be pretty good next year.

Also, for this year (assuming that is as long as Wall stays in college), I am a Kentucky bandwagon fan. Our school played Wall 's school in high school and Ive been watching him for a couple years. Hes INCREDIBLE. I want to see him dominate, especially against Carolina. God I hope they lose miserably. They just got Barnes (of course) for next so theyll be stacked (again). They arent looking too incredible yet, thankfully.
Old     (cbrown)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-17-2009, 10:14 PM Reply   
the fist time in a long time I am smiling after a loss. KU showed potential but that was some bad shooting and bball in general from both teams. I feel my Tigers are sitting better than I expected as the biggest weakness was inside and the Tigers will only face one maybe two guys with the inside skills of Aldrich. Ugly game yet fun to watch for us tiger fans.
Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       11-18-2009, 10:20 AM Reply   
not quite sure why we tried to shoot a 3 pointer in that instance, but still not upset about the game either. KU has got a LOT of work to do if they think they are the best team in the nation.

Memphis - you guys better learn to shoot the darn ball or else its going to be an ugly season.

Onlyinboards - consider yourself lucky for now.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       11-19-2009, 5:52 AM Reply   
Sorry I couldnt get on here yesterday Ian and I am going to hold my tongue somewhat since UNC is playing Ohio State tonight, but I will give you a quick DAMN!!!!!!!! But it isnt just KU, what about UCONN, Michigan State, Georgetown and Kentucky. There was some sneaking by happening the other night. Ole' Kentucky. Almost lost to Miami (Ohio). I would have loved to see that.

Adam, good luck hoping Kentucky dominates UNC.I may eat crow on this one, but freshman dont get it done in the NCAA. I dont care how good anyone thinks they are. Anymore than barnes is going to get it done for us next year. I am already tires of hearing about John Wall. I am sure he was incredible in high school, but the NCAA isnt high school and Miami (Ohio) sure isnt UNC. I hope we wipe the floors with those fools.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-19-2009, 6:01 AM Reply   
cough cough... remember Carmelo Anthony?
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       11-19-2009, 6:16 AM Reply   
Yeah I remember that anamoly. Lets just say it is no where close to the norm. If Kentucky takes it all. It will be on Pattersons back. Like Jordan was on Worthy and Perkins back. I cant wait to play them boys. Demarcus Cousins meet Deon Thompson.
Old     (cbrown)      Join Date: Jan 2004       11-19-2009, 9:12 PM Reply   
John Wall in my opinion is a better offensive player this early in college than Derrick Rose was, but dang that guy is a black hole when the ball comes to him. For how much the media is on his nuts I am not that impressed. I agree with Howell on this one in that their success lies with Patterson.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       11-20-2009, 5:51 AM Reply   
Ouch, that was about as boring as a game could be until the 2 minute mark. I could see it coming the whole time though. You could tell Ohio State could shoot the ball, they just werent going in. If Ohio State would have been hot, it would have been a long night. 1 ranked team down, 4 to go. Villanova sure did squeak by. So now that is all 5 of the top 5 teams that have had a less than convincing showing with a close game down the stretch. Hey Ian, that Collins ankle injury reminded me of Paul Pierce a year or two ago. Looks like he is about to die and out he comes knocking down threes.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-20-2009, 5:57 AM Reply   
Yeah, seems like he's going back to the locker room a lot these days. That Central Arkansas team was friggin horrible. Our 2nd squad would have throttled them.

I watched a bit of the first half of the UNC game and was pretty impressed with how you guys can play. Bummer I missed the end.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       11-20-2009, 6:21 AM Reply   
Mna we looked rough in my opinion. Still a lot of work to do. I am glad we got through it though. I guess everyone is all over the place right now. This is definitely not the offensive 90-100 pt scoring team we had last year. It is tough to watch right now, but hopefully the boys will get there stuff together in the next month or so.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-21-2009, 5:12 AM Reply   
UNC < Lemoyne?
Old     (polarbill)      Join Date: Jun 2003       11-21-2009, 12:31 PM Reply   
Wow, the Pac-10 is horrible. UW is the only team that looks halfway decent and they haven't played a decent team yet. It is nice to see them going 11-12 deep though. Hopefully they can where down opponents by running them out of hte gym.
Old     (nu2dagam)      Join Date: May 2004       11-23-2009, 5:10 AM Reply   
Possibly. How much did that remind you of the beginning of the Kansas Final Four game? I swear, sometimes I dont understand Roy. He sits there and lets them get continually beat without stopping the run.