Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through November 14, 2005

Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-24-2005, 6:31 PM Reply   
Big thing I wanted to mention was that Ryan X-Star made page 62. The boat looks nice.

Besides that, what a great issue!!!
Old     (gmarkham1)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-25-2005, 11:41 AM Reply   
i saw that... I was laughing my ass off, especially since they mentioned his parents helping him get it and all.... Bet that shuts up all the asssbags that gave the guy so much pooooh! Good for him, I hope some day I can do that kind of thing for my kids... hopefully they will be grateful though!
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-26-2005, 8:23 AM Reply   
I figure I can share my story now without getting ripped on here... and if I do... I am going to WBM to publish my story... hey Ryan... good job! Nice boat!

When I turned 16 - my parents bought me a 911

When I graduated from highschool - my parents bought me a Suburban and a Mastercraft boat.

When I graduated from University - my parents gave me ther lakefront acerage... 5 acres and 1200 feet of sandy beach lakeshore with 4800sq ft home... they said it was too much work for them...

The latest thing... they told me I could order a new 06 boat for myself and they are also getting an X-80 or the 24ft from BU... who knows... they dont board... but want a big cool looking boat...

As for my sister... she is pi$$ed!!! She got nothing... but she has beautiful children!
Old     (iagainsti)      Join Date: Apr 2004       09-26-2005, 9:51 AM Reply   
Kyle - Im envious ! I have to work for everything like most people. You sound level headed and theres nothing wrong with good graces. I just hope you appreciate them. I know I would.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       09-26-2005, 10:03 AM Reply   
A 16 year old with a 911. Now that sounds dangerous. Kyle that is awesome just make sure you appreciate everything they have done for you. I hope to someday be able to do that for my future children.
Old     (toyotafreak)      Join Date: Sep 2003       09-26-2005, 10:46 AM Reply   
I'd rather face a 16 year old driving a 911 than an 18 year old driving an 11,000 pound rig ;-)

Kyle, I so would have screwed all of that stuff up - you probably showed your parents appreciation and they've just kept giving. Not a bad deal for you.
Old     (x_star05)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-26-2005, 1:28 PM Reply   
why does everyone keep hating on me?
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-26-2005, 1:29 PM Reply   
kyle, YOU BASTID! i wish my parents could have given me incredible things like that. you sound like you have your head below the clouds, and that goes a long way.

sometimes i feel bummed out because my(my dad's) boat isn't an 06 vlx, but then i think about how much nicer it is than so many others out there and i feel stoked.

i will be able to do stuff like that for my children when i have them, hopeefully not anytime soon(children at 20 is a terifying thought.

rock on guys.

Old     (mcx2ryd)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-26-2005, 1:42 PM Reply   
All I gotta say is that wow.. I wish that all my toys were givin too me.. I just ordered a 06 X2 and thats straight outta my pocket... well the banks pocket!! Haha.. I am only 20 and feel proud to have earned my own possessions. I live in a rich community and see kids get vehicles, houses etc.. bought for them all the time and there spoiled brats that got no respect or care for anything of theres or others. I hope you do Kyle.. Enjoy the boat, enjoy the property and realize what you do got. Go out and earn it..
Old     (norcalmalibu)      Join Date: Jun 2004       09-26-2005, 2:12 PM Reply   
Brent, I gotta say either your in construction working full time or dads buisness but I don't know many 20 years olds, let along 22 which is me that can afford an x2 and try to go to college.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-26-2005, 2:16 PM Reply   
So this kid gets a $100k boat and it gets featured in WBM. What I want to know is, can this fool even ride?

Is he a member of the heelside mafia? You know the guys, brand new boat, can't jump toeside.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-26-2005, 2:16 PM Reply   
RYAN: I hate you because you didnt semd me your X-star so we could drop a 50K sound system in your boat. Dont make the same mistake on your next boat LOL
Old     (chas)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-26-2005, 2:35 PM Reply   
I want 50% of that Grant.
Old    justsomeguy            09-26-2005, 2:42 PM Reply   
"why does everyone keep hating on me?"

Child, my guess would be that people keep laughing at you due to the asinine posts that you have made in the past.

At least that's why I'm still laughing at you.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-26-2005, 6:02 PM Reply   
there's video of this guy riding somewhere. i forget where i saw it, but there's also a few pics of him riding, too.

and yeah, i agree with justsomeguy- your posts can be described by the word asinine.
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-26-2005, 7:05 PM Reply   
I concur with Justsomeguy!! It was the posts you did earlier that got you where you are here on WW.
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-26-2005, 7:58 PM Reply   
"why does everyone keep hating on me?"

I think going back and reading your posts should answer that ? for you. Then again if you are asking the problem, probably not.
Old    top_gun_boarder            09-26-2005, 8:15 PM Reply   
ryan, their jealous thats all, your rockin an x star there rockin a P.O.S
Old    justsomeguy            09-26-2005, 9:06 PM Reply   
"ryan, their(sic) jealous thats all, your(sic) rockin an x star there(sic) rockin a P.O.S"

Wow, you're(!!) apparently just as stupid and naive as your(!!) hero Ryan.

You should be proud!
Old    top_gun_boarder            09-26-2005, 11:28 PM Reply   
anyhow i really dont know what you are talking about sorry i told you ryan they are jealous of our x stars and for you justsomedude "S.O.D"
Old    justsomeguy            09-27-2005, 8:07 AM Reply   
"anyhow i really dont know what you are talking about"

Exactly, so why do you keep on commenting upon that which you obviously know nothiing about?

p.s. Why should people be jealous of your X Stars?
Old     (mcx2ryd)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-27-2005, 8:59 AM Reply   
Who needs college when you can make over $100K workin as a meesly electrician! Thats how I afford my love it....!!
Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-27-2005, 12:11 PM Reply   
^^ obviously you brent! check your spelling!

sorry, i could't pass up an oppurtunity like that.
Old     (mcx2ryd)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-27-2005, 2:08 PM Reply   
funny funny...
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-27-2005, 2:45 PM Reply   
Yo Freebooze, if you're going to call someone out for spelling, the least you could do is spell all of the words in your reply correctly.

Sorry, I couldn't pass up an OPPORTUNITY like that.

Old     (madchild1)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-27-2005, 3:01 PM Reply   
DAMN YOU STANFIELD!!!!

Old     (mcx2ryd)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-27-2005, 4:32 PM Reply   
I would have to agree with that... didn't want to make him look like an absolute idiot...
Old     (auto)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-27-2005, 6:48 PM Reply   
"ryan, their jealous thats all, your rockin an x star there rockin a P.O.S"

Uh I don't think anyone would call me ride a POS or any of my other toys or possessions. I sincerely doubt anyone is jealous of the boy. It's all a question of maturity, and the boy showed an incredible lack of maturity. When the sane crowd called the boy on it, he got defensive simple. Jealousy, not hardly, you should not make judgements about people you know nothing about.
Old    wakelurker            09-27-2005, 10:17 PM Reply   
listen y'all, just be happy for the guy- right or wrong-- i don't know about the previous posts to which you all are refering, but seriously, i am happy for anyone who has a boat, no matter what kind it is or how old it is or how new it is.....it's much more than I have, which is nil. ryan, congrats on the boat!
Old    jlm            09-28-2005, 5:45 AM Reply   
Ryan rubbed our noses in the fact that he finally got his x-star. Probably went something like this...
Ryan-"hey WBM, all the people on WakeWorld make fun of me because I have (or at the time didn't have) a new x-star. It has graphics and everything and there are only a few of them. Can you do some type or article showing my boat and picture so they'll believe me"

WBM-"we'll try to find space in the December issue between all the advertisements. Sorry all those mean people are picking on you."

Ryan, be HUMBLE. No one wants you to not have your boat. It's all in how you went about doing it.
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       09-28-2005, 2:47 PM Reply   
Question is: 'How much $$$ did Dad pay for the article/advertisement?'
Old     (tlb)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-28-2005, 3:09 PM Reply   
I've seen stuff like this in other sports and activities also.
Daddy is buying his kid into the sport. I'll bet his dad paid for the ad in WBM also. Notice the short decription of how the boat was purchased as if to back up his lame story.
Old     (projectely4)      Join Date: Apr 2003       09-28-2005, 3:41 PM Reply   
why do you guys even care why or how he got in wakeboarding magazine. you all are just jealous of kids that rock pimpin boats and all just assume we don't even appreciate any of it.
Old    justsomeguy            09-28-2005, 4:05 PM Reply   
"you all are just jealous"

It's like deja vu all over again.

Clueless teenie boppers unite!
Old     (kraig)      Join Date: Dec 2002       09-28-2005, 5:38 PM Reply   
William, William, William......(Shaking my head) Shhhhh.........children are to be seen, not heard!
Old    milo_lite            09-28-2005, 8:32 PM Reply   
RYAN congrats on being featured in WBM, that was awsome when i saw that pic, man hope that boat is working for you back in school..I know mine does here. Laterz..