Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (joesell)      Join Date: Apr 2001       01-30-2010, 3:51 PM Reply   
I've read all the tint posts. It seems like everyone loves it when it done. It also seems like people are split between the 20% and 35%.

So here's what I need to know.

Does anyone wish they hadn't gotten the tint done?

Does anyone with 20% wish they would've gone with the 35%?

Does anyone with 35% wish they would've gone with 20%.

I've never seen it in person, so I really don't know which tint to go with.

Thanks, Joe
Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-19-2010, 4:43 PM Reply   
Bummed,
The tint guy showed up at my house to tint the new boat, but the 20% he had was not tall enough, arghh! I guess the Axis' have tall windows? He had 35% that was tall enough, but I figured after all of the comments in this thread, I would go with 20%. So, he will return next week to get it done, after he gets more stock on the 40" - 20% film. I think the darker tint will look better on the boats colors. I will post a pic once it is completed.

before tint:

Old     (elc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       03-19-2010, 4:49 PM Reply   
Hey Wade - Here is a pic of my boat with 20% for your reference. It actually appears a little darker in the pic then it does in person. IMO you made a good choice!

Old     (wade_lewark)      Join Date: Jan 2010       03-19-2010, 8:32 PM Reply   
kool Ed, thanx for the pic. Looks good and dark, cant wait!
Old     (calexan)      Join Date: Dec 2008       03-19-2010, 10:15 PM Reply   
Yea I'm ready to see some pics...... Good Luck!
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       03-19-2010, 10:22 PM Reply   
Be careful with mobile tinters, I had terrible results from the guy that did mine, there was dust particles all over the window. The shop that did a great job has a special "clean" room with no dust particles. Just something to think about.

BTW, Your Axis 22 is a great looking boat, have yet to see one on the lakes around here in Nor-cal but I am sure it will happen sooner than later. Its going to look great with the windows tinted.
Old     (viking)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-11-2010, 8:11 PM Reply   
anybody use colored tint? thinking about going with a red tint and it's about 20%. buddy is a professional installer so he'll be doing it. i just have to decide what I want.