Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       12-13-2012, 11:31 AM Reply   
Anyone have any insight on this new 5 stage rocker from LF? Very curious about it as I have never heard of a 5 stage rocker in the wakeboarding industry (could be wrong or called something else). I've ridden the Shane and Lyman for the past 6 seasons (Lyman phased out a few years ago) and seriously thinking about picking one up. I know it's new so there probably won't be very much feed back, but anything you guys got is greatly appreciated. Especially anyone that has personally ridden it.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       12-13-2012, 6:13 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=796353
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       12-14-2012, 8:09 AM Reply   
D ave, I took a set behind boat on the bob, i rode the 137? i think, so a bit smaller than the 139 lyman I rode. They are not even close in my opinion. The bob is not fast and loose like the lyman, but it is a sick board for sure. I loved the lyman, then I tried the 140 witness and was hooked. I just picked up a 2013 witness for super cheap, wakesports unlimited (wakesports.com) have them for $299 and I think "wakeworld" has a promo code good for %10, so it comes to about $309 delivered to your door in 2 days.

Definately try to demo the BOB and witness if you can before you buy.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       12-14-2012, 8:26 AM Reply   
Thanks so much guys! I have ridden the witness and hated it to be honest and I'm sure I could pull fins off and make the BOB loose I guess my concern is what the pop is like on the BOB. Does it have more of that abrupt 3 stage pop (which I prefer) or does it more of a continuous rocker feel? I will definitely get out and demo one just wanted to see what you guys thought and if anyone had ridden one. Thanks so again for the replies!
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       12-14-2012, 8:28 AM Reply   
Joel- Just read the other thread thx for the link. The last post on that thread really helps and actually what I was looking for. A little leary on the whole releasing late off the wake part but very cool to hear about the rocker part. So curious about this board and wanting to try it. Definitely going to make it happen soon and try and give a little review if possible.
Old     (King12)      Join Date: Jul 2012       12-14-2012, 2:37 PM Reply   
Yea man, figured that was pretty close to what you were looking for haha