Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       09-19-2010, 7:35 AM Reply   
Yo brews,

On a Conspiracy, I personally dont like it... looking to jump on a flex, Watson FLX, Or Company Severance...

Do any of you ride it Wake 2 Wake?

I have never demoed either,

Heard Watsons Flex is Heavy

Help a bro out

Thanks Dudes

D.
Old     (lives2wake)      Join Date: Apr 2002       09-19-2010, 9:47 AM Reply   
I've riden the Severance, the Recruit and the Oracle Stiffy (humanoid). I prefered the Sev and the Oracle. There is def more flex in the Sev than the Stiffy. Both are great in my opinion. The Sev is really fun to press in the flats. U can still do it with the others but they are stiffer.
Old     (501s)      Join Date: Feb 2010       09-19-2010, 12:23 PM Reply   
I ride a Company Recruit and I have nothing but good things to say about it. The board itself is very light.
Old     (irishrider92)      Join Date: Jun 2009       09-19-2010, 5:34 PM Reply   
Severance is money man! Really nice and playful board. I'd recommend it to anyone
Old     (mcane6)      Join Date: Aug 2010       09-19-2010, 6:05 PM Reply   
watson hybrid is great w2w and its lite.
Old     (lfrider92)      Join Date: Sep 2008       09-20-2010, 12:30 PM Reply   
the severance is where its at. so much fun behind the boat. ive been told i ride a few others boards better then mine. but i just have so much more fun on my severance then the others.
joe is going to kill me after i say this one...
but i rode a shane yesterday for the first time. which was my first traditional board ive ridden in quite some time. and ive found that riding my severance made me kind of lazy. i found it much easier to roll over on edge to clear the wake, where with the shane i had to concentrate on edging so i wouldnt case it.

with the severance it took 3 sets or so to get used to. but after i got used to it, i loved it. i would recomend it.
not sure if rails or kickers in your area. but its awesome on those to. i ride my lyman for winching normally. and i took a fall off a kicker in 3 inches of water on my severance where the edge went straight into the ground right before i flipped over it. and not even a scratch on it. my lyman i would have been pulling the can of epoxy back out! durability and construction is aweome.
my dad rides the recruit, and its a fun board to. but the way i like riding, you have to take the fin set up they give you and throw it out the window. put 2 of the small fins company has on each end and its money. (they sell the recruit with 2 big on the outer, and 1 small in the center, use 2 of the fins for the center of the board on each end and leave the middle with nothing.. if that made any sense). but anyways, i take a set on it every now and then, i find it slightly stiffer, and i have to edge a little differently, but when you figure that one out. not taking it into the flats is a problem! just so easy and fun with that one.