Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-29-2004, 4:48 AM Reply   
How many of you guys wear some sort of support/protect for your crown jules?
I went riding this morning, had a nice crash and took one to the doo-daa's. Had to spend half and hour sitting in the cafe getting my breath back (lets just say they're a little sore now). Anyways I would like the option of having kids eventually and I'm sure crashes like these don't do anygood for the plumbing and what not down there.(and it hurt like a !@#$%^&**$&&#&@*$*$&&@*&$&# !!!!)
any suggestions?
thanks
Kris
Old     (harryhog)      Join Date: Mar 2003       05-29-2004, 5:40 AM Reply   
kristian,

i occasionally have that kinda problem but what i do is wear 3mm neoprene shorts under the boardies. This doesn't stop it happening, but really does take the sting off it.

i'd imagin a box/cup would just be obstructive when ure poking out a nice grab.
Old    upupnaway            05-29-2004, 6:16 AM Reply   
I wear a pair of bike shorts under the trunks. it keeps the boys close, so when you fall in a sitting position, they take no shots.
Old     (wakepaula)      Join Date: Jul 2002       05-29-2004, 9:31 AM Reply   
Kris...the doo-daas.

Poor, poor Kris:-(
Old    devastate            05-29-2004, 10:36 AM Reply   
yeah i always wear speedo's under my shorts, so nut-huggers arent the MOST comfortable thing in the world, but you feel the impact a lot less when theyr held in place rather than if theyr swinging freely, if you know what i mean. lol

John
Old     (puckinshat)      Join Date: Sep 2003       05-29-2004, 11:19 AM Reply   
I have Jetpilot Crown Jewel Boardshorts. My gf got them for me. They have a 2 or 3 mm neo liner and are great. I wear them under my sweats when I wear my drysuit too. They are great. $60 shipped at wakside, defiately worth it.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       05-29-2004, 12:29 PM Reply   
I know C. Stack wear bearfoot padded shorts under his trunks to protect his crown jewels!!
Old    alanp            05-29-2004, 4:19 PM Reply   
mine are brass.
Old    blindsiderider            05-29-2004, 8:18 PM Reply   
I wear the speedo under my board shorts. Keeps thing nicely out of the impact zone.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       05-29-2004, 9:14 PM Reply   
I, too, prefer the speedo, but without the board shorts.
Old     (kristian)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-29-2004, 9:21 PM Reply   
Well it looks like speedo time for me then!
thanks guys.

doc-oct: well it would make you more airodynamic

the boys are still sore, and I have a contest today, this is going to be fun. Ok I'm gonna go sit on an ice pack. lol.
Old     (deepstructure)      Join Date: Jun 2002       05-29-2004, 10:25 PM Reply   
mine are definitely not brass! so ya, i wear barefoot shorts - lots of padding on the rear end and in general just keeps everything well protected. feel nekid if i ride w/o 'em now.
Old     (nj_alex)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-01-2004, 7:40 PM Reply   
It was my last ride on the last day of my stay at The Boarding School. My entire body was pretty fatigued after three days of Shaun's and Travis' instruction. So as I went to climb up on to the swim deck I tried to sort of porpoise my body up instread of just pulling with my arms. Big mistake. I squarely shmushed my right "doo dah" right into the edge of the swim deck. I thought I was going to puke. I wonder if a speedo would have offered help in this case.
Old     (stanfield)      Join Date: Mar 2004       06-01-2004, 7:49 PM Reply   
I took a few stingers to the boys this weekend and have been considering picking up a pair of the crownjewels myself.

SFH
Old    walt            06-01-2004, 8:01 PM Reply   
Nothing worse than hurting the wrinkle brother's