Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (grkero)      Join Date: Dec 2010       07-25-2011, 1:11 PM Reply   
Can someone recommend a good shop or mobile marine mechanic? I have a 1991 Barefoot Nautique that has a carbureted 454 and v-drive. I need a full service, and carburetor tune up. Called a few shops but either haven't heard back from them or I wasn't impressed on the phone. I was also hoping to get a hole drilled for a perfect pass paddle wheel.

Thanks
Old     (thor)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-25-2011, 2:21 PM Reply   
I took my boat to Loomis Marine in November, and I was very happy with their work. My boat was ready on the day that they promised, and it has been running great since I got it back.

Loomis Marine was a relatively new shop at the time and their facility wasn't very impressive, but the quality of their work and the price I paid will definitely motivate me to take it back to them the next time I need any work done.
Old     (Fiveflat)      Join Date: Sep 2010       07-25-2011, 2:28 PM Reply   
Brooks Marine in West Sac. He gets work done amazingly fast and affordable!
Send me a PM and I'll give you his name and number.
Old     (grkero)      Join Date: Dec 2010       07-25-2011, 11:16 PM Reply   
This forum is acting so screwed up. I cannot access PMs. Can you email me at grantrobarts.AT.gmail.com ?

Thanks for the replies.
Old     (SteveW)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-26-2011, 9:38 AM Reply   
I used Sterling Marine in Rancho Cordova in June to get my Sanger running right and they did a great job and had the boat back in less than 24 hours. Runs friggen awesome now. A couple other neighbors around here use them, so thats where I got the referral.
Old     (beryessaboarder)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-26-2011, 11:24 AM Reply   
I've used Sac Performance Marine in W. Sac the last few years for service. Quality, fast, and affordable shop. Give them a call, they will take care of you.
Old     (blastmaster)      Join Date: Aug 2001       07-26-2011, 2:43 PM Reply   
2nd Sterling Marine> Jacob and his dad have been in marine industry for a long time and are very reputable. I hav heard good things about Sac Performance but never used them or been to their shop[. SOS marine is also very good but can have a wiating list to get in I understand...
Old     (jbird)      Join Date: Jun 2011       07-26-2011, 5:10 PM Reply   
Bob Bense at Superior!