Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (Squid)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-02-2012, 9:58 AM Reply   
So I took Whitney from WWS Tige out to Cherry Creek today with ...yes...the new Soulcraft Jetty Swallow tail I call "Sex Panther". Whit took the first turn on it, Its all about giving right! She had a blast for sure!

Now I am not a pro rider, builder or even have Tige expert status and am really not a voice with any credibility. I do my best to "CHARGED HARD" and have committed myself to understanding and leaning from everyone I can providing the best surfing experience possible to our customers (you). Seeking information has lead me to Cal for the WCWO and Worlds in Parker AZ. I became a sales rep/dealer for the must sought after boards on the market and have become friends with some of the industry leaders of this amazing sport.

With that said I can't hold back the WOW factor that I was exposed to this afternoon.
Jeff Wahlers of Soulcraft Boarding hand crafted me the most amazing board I have every surfed to date. this 4.6 Jetty Swallow tail is fast down the line with just a twist of my ankle or a bend of my back knee, stable enough to allow me to recover from coming down off the moon (not like James Walker but i'm working on it), and it turns like a grocery cart being pushed backwards at 60MPH but stays under you. We out fitted it with Futures F4 (V2) fins as a twiner and it hangs on the R20 wake like a hobo hanging onto an old freight train. This board is amazing and is a hidden jewell in this rapid growing sport.

I have tried really hard not to share my opinion on boards because of my reason for starting Squid's Wake. "Let a board pick you" by honestly offering them all an opportunity to shine maximizing your surfing experience.
Every board in our quiver is a home run in its own right. I respect and am honored to be a part of something that is much bigger then me (some dude with a bunch of boards offering them up to the next inboard boat the floats past).

If your in the market, please do yourself the favor and think of the following boards. If you haven't tried them, how do you really know there not for you? You don't. Allowing a board to pick you requires the ability to just ride them with an open mind. If your friend has one, ask, if you can make an event, do! If you don't your just cheating yourself out of an amazing experience that I can't describe, only embrace.

Soulcraft boarding
Shred Stixx
Idol Surfboards
The Walker Projects
Mendonesia Surf
Triple X Surf Comp.
Lakewakes Wakesurf boards
The FLYBOY DIVISION of Inland Surfer (Jeff Walker)

End of the Story: Soulcraft boarding has created a board that has truly picked me.
Old     (TheWoons)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-02-2012, 11:51 AM Reply   
Nice review. Soulcraft/Jeff does indeed make some of the best boards available on the market today. I have a few coming and cannot wait to get on them!
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-02-2012, 11:53 AM Reply   
Yeah I feel ya Bro Jeff and soulcraft have created many boards that speak to me. I already have three a jetty swallow a diamond nose fang tail and a squash tail parabolic I love them all and still want more. I had a chance to ride the vacuum bag bamboo prototype that Jeff had made and it blew me away. If you get a chance you have to try one of Jeff's parabolic boards I'm sure you will fall in love all over again.I had a custom diamond fang tail made for my wife she loves it so much she wont try anything else.Here are a couple pics of our soulcraft quiver
Attached Images

Old     (kimper)      Join Date: May 2008       09-02-2012, 1:25 PM Reply   
"Sex Panther!" Where's the pics!

Allan, that sounds awesome! Bring it to Polarbear!
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       09-02-2012, 2:07 PM Reply   
Ill bring a couple to the polar bear as well and I'm sure Tony will bring his bamboo prototype we have all started calling the soul pop
Old     (Rob17)      Join Date: Oct 2010       09-02-2012, 2:34 PM Reply   
Sweet. I am glad to hear you guys are coming from the N.W.! I have only tried the S.C jetty 4'5". It was fun. I have not had to much exposure to these boards and would love to try them. Squid, ya coming in Oct right? Looking forward to seeing all you guys again!
Old     (ragboy)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-02-2012, 5:18 PM Reply   
Where are the pics?
Old     (strev)      Join Date: May 2012       09-03-2012, 12:26 PM Reply   
squid,
i am in the market for a new board, and i've have been looking and reading as much as i can about the soulcraft boards. i'm 6'-1" 225lbs. not sure which jetty i want or would be best for me, i live in so cal. and we don't have any places around here that even carry high end boards. my question to you is, are you going to be in parker, AZ demoing boards? i would really like to try some different boards before i pull the trigger on a $700+ board

Last edited by strev; 09-03-2012 at 12:29 PM. Reason: *
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-03-2012, 2:55 PM Reply   
Strev
I was just with Jeff Whalers on the Soulcraft boat this morning, out on our local lake. He said that he is going to Worlds in AZ. I bet you could try a board there. I know he is taking his Avy to Worlds.
I ordered a Jetty squashtail which is almost finished. I am so anxious to ride it next weekend.
Here are a couple of pics from this morning on the Jetty fangtail.
Attached Images

Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-03-2012, 3:04 PM Reply   
Another one. This is Scott's first ride on this board.
Attached Images

Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       09-03-2012, 8:10 PM Reply   
nice pics sue. hope you don't mind that I reposted them. you better have your board on sunday. hoping to pull the trigger on monday on a new order from jeff

got the deposit stashed away....
Old     (strev)      Join Date: May 2012       09-03-2012, 8:18 PM Reply   
great pics! looks like scott is about my size, how do you guys like the fang tail compared to the squash tail?
Old     (sandm01)      Join Date: May 2010       09-03-2012, 9:04 PM Reply   
5'11 and should be 180 but 200 now
amazing board. loved it. going to ride sues and hoping to order next monday. hoping to get jeff and family out on sunday to ride and get away from the grind that is work
Old     (Squid)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-04-2012, 1:20 PM Reply   

I will be with Jeff at worlds with the Sex Panther and other SC boards.
And I will be at the Polar Bear as well....See you all then...
Old     (Squid)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-04-2012, 1:26 PM Reply   
Brandon Tollie riding my SC Sex Panther during our WWS Tige/Idol surfboards clinic.

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       09-04-2012, 2:22 PM Reply   
I got to ride the "sex panther" last week and I have to say it is a great board! I'm 6'1" and 190lbs and the board was a blast! I love how fast it turns and it seemed to have great pop off of the wave too (for what little skill I have). At my weight, I would probably go with a 4'8" or 4'9" to get a little more speed so I didn't have to work so much. Nice board Soulcraft! Loved it!
Old     (malibu)      Join Date: Sep 2004       09-04-2012, 6:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandm01 View Post
nice pics sue. hope you don't mind that I reposted them. you better have your board on sunday. hoping to pull the trigger on monday on a new order from jeff

got the deposit stashed away....
I don't mind at all. I am counting the minutes until we can ride my new Jetty behind your Tige Sun! It will be a fun combination for sure. I hope we can bring our own board to ride at the Polar Bear behind all those great boats. Since I just bought a board, I am more interested in trying it behind different boats that having both an unfamiliar board and boat wave.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-04-2012, 9:30 PM Reply   
Heres a pic of my Soulcraft! This board instantly improved my riding! those stamped out boards were holdin me back!
Attached Images

Old     (TheWoons)      Join Date: Jul 2012       09-05-2012, 8:22 AM Reply   
Any recognize this Soulcraft Rider? Everyone on the boat thought this was awesome. Hopefully some of you do too! haha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caOST...=youtu.be&hd=1
Old     (kimper)      Join Date: May 2008       09-05-2012, 11:40 AM Reply   
Allan, sweet board! Love the little turtle on your logo!

Ryan, I could have done without seeing speedo boy, hehe
Old     (Squid)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-07-2012, 4:41 PM Reply   
Old     (Squid)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-21-2012, 8:02 AM Reply   
Future fin box riders!

Ive been testing out Futures after market fins on all my boards (this list is growing ever week) and I have to say its awesome and turns one board into 2...Options are endless and will take me the rest of our season to test what I have.

You want speed down the line and not scrub speed on your bottom turn?
Add these sexy monsters to any Futures fin box and your off. It makes an old board feel new again...

More to come...I currently have three other sets that are really nice looking and look forward to ride.
Old     (Squid)      Join Date: Jun 2012       09-28-2012, 5:03 PM Reply   
AGENDA on board with Soulcraft....Look forward to trying on my sex panther

NOTE: Third board from the left...Soulcraft Sex Panther at worlds..