Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-14-2011, 9:57 AM Reply   
Aluminum pipe 2 3/8 O.D. Purchased it raw and then made a jig with a drill and hanger to spin it while I ran 800 grit sand paper over it for a brushed look. Moved to aluminum polish after that and the end result is the pole you see mounted on the blue and white Bu above. Best investment I have ever made.
Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       06-14-2011, 11:19 AM Reply   
Until you get a girl that knows how to use the pole and it turns her light colored bikini black =-/ I had to get a real polished stainless dancing pole and machine an insert after we realized that...
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-14-2011, 11:44 AM Reply   
Did you have to make a sleeve for the 2 3/8 pole to fit in your mount?
Moto what size pipe did you use and what was the cost of it?
Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       06-14-2011, 11:47 AM Reply   
Its not pipe its actual dance pole 2" tube , PM me and I can give you the info =-)
Old     (johnny_jr)      Join Date: Mar 2006       06-14-2011, 7:35 PM Reply   
Moto817 - not sure I follow. If you polish the heck out of that thing the way I did with a clean cloth till it came out clean your fine. I've polished my poll a couple times and at least 1 girl a trip uses it with professionalism and have not had one complaint or stain.

PS if you had a polished stainless poll and it was not polished clean it too would have left the stains. Difference is aluminum would need polishing more often then stainless. Also AL is about half the cost and easier to find in a diameter larger then 2". 2" tends to be too small for an easy addition as a factory tow pole replacement.
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-14-2011, 8:15 PM Reply   
lol Thats was my boat and Gregs boat at ther world series! Couldn't watch the game from mccovey cove with out a T.V. Had a heck of a crowd too! That pic must of been after the game when we where partying on the yacht!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomshot View Post

No word of lie, I thought this was Photoshopped.
A couple of years ago. someone made some phototshop parody thing with lights and tv, basically exactly like this - all hanging off a Ski Nautique describing it is as the end as we know it.

I guess we're there.
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-14-2011, 8:16 PM Reply   
See a stripper pole doubles as a t.v. mount too!
Old     (cowwboy)      Join Date: Jul 2008       06-15-2011, 9:54 AM Reply   
How tall are ya'll making them?
Are you using tubing or pipe?
What about powder coated carbon steel?
A stick of 2.5 or 3" emt conduit is 40 compared to 100+ for aluminum or ss
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-16-2011, 8:40 AM Reply   
I machined a solid piece of aluminum to fit snuggly in my ski pylon hole then welded a piece of 2.75 aluminum tube on top. I then had the whole set up polished. Doesn't leave any marking or discoloration. Total costs for materials was about $200 plus another $100 to have it show polished.
Old     (2006maliblue)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-16-2011, 8:41 AM Reply   
Oh height on mine is 8 foot!
Old     (moto817)      Join Date: Jan 2011       06-16-2011, 11:14 AM Reply   
The 2" od is what a standard dance pole is made of , girls tend to have smaller hands and they have a harder time climbing a larger diameter pole. That is the only reason I machined some 2.5" aluminum rod to the same dimensions as my stock ski pylon base on one end and the other end press fit into the ID of the stainless 2" od tubing. This allowed me to have a tight fit on the boat end and a standard 2" pole for the ladies. Dont get me wrong I dont think it really matters that much and the aluminum pole looks awesome. I have access to a machine shop and have ordered quite a few dance poles so it was alot cheaper for me to go this route, and my fiance didnt like the larger diameter of my original pole so I had to find a way for a 2" pole to fit. I will post some pics of the machined insert when I get a chance. =-) Oh and yes 8' is the longest UPS will ship for me so mine are 8' Also !