Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (Wakesounds)      Join Date: May 2011       05-02-2012, 6:17 PM Reply   
Not talking about the kind that makes noise and plays in water! I have two 12" subs that are stuffed under the driver console. The console is open above the box and the side as well as down the bow. I worry if a lot of bass is being lost in those area's and if building something to deflect the sound waves would be benificial? One sub fires toward the bow and the other towards the right into a partly open area. The bass is super loud if I put my head down in that area and still good in the cabin but would it make a big improvement to seal it off more?
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-02-2012, 6:30 PM Reply   
You should try to have the other sub fire into the bow as well to avoid cancellation and phase issues
Old     (Wakesounds)      Join Date: May 2011       05-02-2012, 7:09 PM Reply   
No room for both to fire the same direction.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-02-2012, 8:20 PM Reply   
Well what are the boxes tuned at? What subs? Are you asking if you should go sealed on the box or seal the area. A 4th order bandpass may be a better option
Old     (Wakesounds)      Join Date: May 2011       05-02-2012, 10:09 PM Reply   
2 12's in a sealed box. Trying to figure out if it's worth the work to seal off the the exce ssive space that bass waves may get lost in.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       05-03-2012, 8:19 AM Reply   
I'm having a hard time trying to visualize your setup, if you took a picture that'd help out a lot. Sealing off the area completely would make things worse. There's a ton of factors involved with subwoofer placement, but I can tell you a loading wall on the sub facing the cabin would help a ton. If you want more output you should consider building a ported enclosure. If you give me more details I can tell you how to build the enclosure and probably could get that other sub to fit facing the bow, although some subs are well suited for a ported enclosure and you didn't say which subs you have.