Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 15, 2006

Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-08-2006, 2:14 PM Reply   
okay, so i've been doing a bunch of reading and read Rod's post in this thread:
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65921/262496.html

what i'm confused about is, are all you guys with combiners running all of your acessories off of batteries #2 and above, or are you running everything off of #1, and then 2 is just there if you need it? i'm scratching my head because i thought i had it all figured out and i'm taking it in next week for upgrades and combiner install and now i'm confused again. right now, i have a switch and two batteries. EVERYTHING is on battery #1. battery #2 is there as a backup starting battery only. i want to add the yandina c100 combiner and replace my stock starting battery with a 2nd blue top. should i have them leave everything on battery #1 or is there something different i should do. please advise-

Rod, i hope you're reading this!

(Message edited by brucemac on February 08, 2006)
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       02-08-2006, 6:11 PM Reply   
You can go either way.

For reason of being lazy (it was easier to wire i that way) I run the amps off of the second battery and have everything else on the original factory installed battery. I figure that I am most likely to run the amp battery down and thus I keep it separate.

With your setup, keeping the second battery for emergency starting only, you could get by with a lot smaller combiner as you would never pump 100 amps to the backup battery.

I recommend hooking it up whatever way is easier and trying it for a while. You may decide later that you would rather have it hooked up differently.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-08-2006, 6:48 PM Reply   
so then keeping everything the way it is hooked up to battery #1 and having #2 as a backup only battery is okay then. that's all i wanted to hear. i just wanted to make sure i wasn't making a huge mistake.

i have a yandina c100 on order. it's rated for alternator's up to 100 amps. so i should be fine.

thanks for replying Rod, much appreciated!

(Message edited by brucemac on February 08, 2006)