Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       05-18-2009, 1:58 PM Reply   
Went out yesterday for the first time. Battery was kinda draggin when I turned it over (but it started) so I decided to pit around the lake in a attempt to charge the batt. Made it around the whole lake and decided to turn it off. Crossed my fingers and needless to say it didnt work. Paddeled to the dock, went to unhook my batt. and burned my fingers on the wing nut (very hot) Guess I have a bad batt. So I go to the store buy a new Batt. make it back to the dock, go to install the batt. and hook it up backwards for a split sec. The big flash of light was my first clue. Began to cuss myself out for being so frickin stupid. Hook it up correctly and go to turn the key,now I have nothing, NO POWER. Crap I must have blown a fuse. After looking for a Halfhour finally find a 90 amp fuse on the starter solenoid. Yup it's blown! So I took the ride home. What a bummer it was the first sunny day I could make it out this year.Found the part today (27.00)Wow thats a expensive fuse. Back in buisness, and hope to surf today. So just a heads up for all those dummys like myself that have frequent brain freezes. If you hook up the batt.wrong and suddenly find yourself with out power first check the ignition fuse and if its still good like mine was, go to the starter and check if you have one of these 90amp fuses. It only took a split sec. touching the cables wrong and the fuse blew. If this has happened to you please share, and join my all time idiot club. I guarentee this will never happen again. LOL
Old     (drnate)      Join Date: Jul 2006       05-18-2009, 2:34 PM Reply   
I would very much like to say that this has never happened to me, but I can't

Happened last year....was in a hurry, spent half the day tracking down the correct battery, and when I went to hook it up: Hissing, smoke, almost fire....LOL. That's the kind of lesson you only have to learn once (knock on wood).