Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-05-2013, 9:55 AM Reply   
Does anyone here have the deckadence floor mat in there boat? If yes, how do you like it? I notice it just lays in with no snaps, does it move around?

Any info on this product would be great...
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-05-2013, 10:07 AM Reply   
Here is a link on the product...

http://marineflooring.net/photo-gallery/
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       02-05-2013, 11:47 AM Reply   
My father in law was working for Deckadence up here in Vancouver for a while before the company took a turn for the worse. He had a cover made for my swimplatform and it turned out great. I was hoping to rip up all my old carpet and get some other mats made but he left before I could make that happen.
Attached Images

Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-05-2013, 1:04 PM Reply   
Took a turn for the worst because they charged a FORTUNE for that stuff. Was like it was spun with gold. I was quoted $600 for a roll of grey 4' x 6'.
Old     (Midnightv10)      Join Date: Feb 2012       02-05-2013, 1:14 PM Reply   
Looks great but seams like it would be a huge dirt and sand trap
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-05-2013, 1:33 PM Reply   
Thats the nice thing about it if it were affordable. You can take it off pressure wash it. There is no water proof backing so dirt sand etc go through it. Pretty cool stuff. Just about $300 too much.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-05-2013, 4:25 PM Reply   
I have the Poseidon flooring in my boat.It's very comfortable on your feet.If it gets wet water runs right thru it,drinks also.So beer and soda are easy to wipe up off the fiberglass deck.It stays in place fine even at 45 mph[top speed on my boat].I couldn't tell you how it does towing,because we don't.But they told me it would be fine,so that's all the info i have.Mine came cut to fit my boat.I only paid 350.00 for mine but others i've spoken with recently have been quoted much higher.It must have gone up since early 2012.Hope this helps.
Old     (bryce2320)      Join Date: May 2012       02-05-2013, 5:04 PM Reply   
I got quoted for my Direct Drive, 750-850!! Little steep IMO
Old     (lionel)      Join Date: Nov 2005       02-05-2013, 10:06 PM Reply   
I paid a lot less for 2007 X-2. Love the stuff. Nice MC shield logo in black, too!
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-05-2013, 10:42 PM Reply   
What happens if food crumbs fall into it? Do they just fall through to the floor below to be swept up later? Looks like they might get caught up in that stuff.

Just curious, as I might be facing a similar decision soon...
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       02-06-2013, 8:40 AM Reply   
I have the Poseidon in my Tige as well and it's the best flooring I've had in a boat. It's got all the benefits of carpet, but it can't stain or mildew. It stays in place with no problem when I'm towing, but I usually have a board or something on top of it. However, I'm betting it would hold down just as well as carpet at high speeds. It's about the same weight. I'd love to get some of this to cover my whole dock, but I'm betting that would cost quite a bit. Shaun Murray had a piece on his dock at The Boarding School and it was very nice.
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       02-06-2013, 9:45 AM Reply   
Travis,

Is this the factory option from Malibu? If it is, I really like it. Comfortable and it seems durable.

The boats I have seen have snaps. This is the only picture I have that shows them.

Name:  Malibu MXZ  Sub Interior.jpg
Views: 4820
Size:  85.7 KB
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-06-2013, 7:10 PM Reply   
Ben, I believe that is the Aqua Fusion Mat from Malibu. Its also something I am considering. I wish I could see an actual sample of it before deciding on it. One of the nice features about DECKadence is how it feels on your feet. I have yet to hear anyone complain of how it feels on your feet.

Here is a good video of the DECKadence product... seems pretty bulletproof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKadkEORmQY
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-07-2013, 3:51 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by fman View Post
Ben, I believe that is the Aqua Fusion Mat from Malibu. Its also something I am considering. I wish I could see an actual sample of it before deciding on it. One of the nice features about DECKadence is how it feels on your feet. I have yet to hear anyone complain of how it feels on your feet.

Here is a good video of the DECKadence product... seems pretty bulletproof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKadkEORmQY
That's a awesome video.Now i can see it will do what they said it would do.Thanks Travis.
Old     (ixfe)      Join Date: Aug 2008       02-06-2013, 8:38 PM Reply   
Travis,

Is DECKadence offered as a factory upgrade?
Old     (fman)      Join Date: Nov 2008       02-07-2013, 5:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixfe View Post
Travis,

Is DECKadence offered as a factory upgrade?
Dave, I have been in contact with western sales rep for Malibu and unfortunately not available to purchase thru Malibu. I was quoted $12/sq ft via email from Les at Deckadence. Still waiting for a shipped price with Malibu logo on it. If its not a crazy price I am probably going to place an order for my 13.

After looking at all mat options, this one has everything I am looking for in a high quality mat.
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       02-13-2013, 12:43 PM Reply   
We have the Poseidon mat in our Tige. It was a $600 option. The wifey wanted it so we got it. It has been worth the money IMO. I was however PISSED OFF when I saw a couple of guys on the Tige forum were able to go directly through Poseidon and get it for $350 shipped. Poseidon ended up getting in all kinds of trouble for that. Might be why you can only get it through DECKadence now.
Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-29-2013, 7:31 PM Reply   
Just got my decadence mat's delivered yesterday. I went with the Luna silver with a black border. All three pieces ran me $719 with shipping. Definitely worth it if you ask me . Factory replacement carpet is almost as much and not as nice. Here is a quick cell pic. I will take better ones when I install tomorrow
Attached Images

Old     (h20king)      Join Date: Dec 2009       03-30-2013, 5:08 PM Reply   
Got it installed today.My boat came with snap in carpet so I put snaps on the decadence mat as well. I could have got away with just using them on the center cooler but i did them all. I think it turned out great.. Here is a before and a couple after pics
Attached Images

Old     (volzalum)      Join Date: May 2009       03-30-2013, 5:16 PM Reply   
Looks good H.
Old     (tonyv420)      Join Date: Jul 2007       03-30-2013, 6:27 PM Reply   
Nice!! I like it!
Old     (Dmac420sj)      Join Date: Mar 2012       04-04-2013, 2:50 PM Reply   
So what's the difference between carpet and this stuff?
Old     (bcrider)      Join Date: Apr 2006       04-04-2013, 4:12 PM Reply   
As you can see from my picture near the top this stuff is way softer than the regular carpet and is quite thick. Water will go right through it and it doesn't get moldy. I'd like to replace the old carpet in my DD with this stuff. It's too bad my father in law left the company as I could and would have got it done quite a bit cheaper.
Old     (CarZin)      Join Date: Feb 2011       04-05-2013, 10:38 AM Reply   
I ordered this on my new Enzo. Did NOT want another boat with extensive carpet. Many of us in the southeast are on lakes with clay bottoms. This makes for not so clean water, and after a short period, the carpets become stained, and getting them cleaning is a pain. I don't have extended experience with it, but I've not heard one negative thing about it from people that have it. Easy to clean. You can bleach it and it doesnt hurt the colors. And it DRIES fast, as opposed to carpet. I just think its nasty having wet soggy carpet.