Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (Cisco)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-11-2010, 11:55 PM Reply   
WBM says it was her right knee. Same leg as she broke her femur? That sucKs! she was having such a strong comeback!
Old     (Bill_Dad)      Join Date: Apr 2010       06-12-2010, 12:22 AM Reply   
lets hope dallas is not hurt to bad and recovers quickly
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-12-2010, 1:05 AM Reply   
that sucks! get well soon dallas!
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       06-12-2010, 5:20 AM Reply   
Old     (bbr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-12-2010, 7:14 AM Reply   
That sucks if she is really hurt. If she is though, I'll take care of her and bring her back to healthly status.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-12-2010, 4:08 PM Reply   
Nicola txt me and said she blew everything in her knee. Sux. Top 3 girls were pushing each other as well.
Old     (wakekat15)      Join Date: Jul 2005       06-12-2010, 5:09 PM Reply   
THAT is HORRIBLE news! Sure hate to hear it....
Old     (clearlakeirene)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-12-2010, 5:44 PM Reply   
Wow that is horrible!!! She is so great to watch!! I would imagine she tore ACL and maybe PCL if she landed stiff-knee. If you get clarification let us know.
I will be curious what surgeon she goes to. I need to have an ACL reconstruction and meniscus repair in Sept, and would love to know what docs the wakeboarding world has used.
Old     (xistential)      Join Date: Jul 2007       06-12-2010, 5:57 PM Reply   
She did it on a T2B apparently. Sill won her heat as well.
Old     (solo)      Join Date: Oct 2001       06-12-2010, 8:16 PM Reply   
ACL, MCL, and PCL in her right knee
Old     (ryan_shima1)      Join Date: Sep 2002 Location: Layton, Utah       06-12-2010, 8:32 PM Reply   
That really sucks! Wishing you a full and speedy recovery Dallas!
Old     (clearlakeirene)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-12-2010, 10:51 PM Reply   
WOW, thats a strange triad of injuries. She must have REALLY hyperextended her knee and forced it inward too. So sorry Dallas!! If anyone can come back stronger from this, you can!!
Old     (cheesydog)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-13-2010, 7:46 PM Reply   
that is the worst news... and all the ligaments too, that will be a long hard recovery Im thinking
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-13-2010, 8:43 PM Reply   
"thats a strange triad of injuries"

Actually that's a pretty standard rupture of the knee during a dislocation. Several pro's have received that same triple. Good luck Dallas! She'll be back next season ripping again
Old     (clearlakeirene)      Join Date: Jun 2007       06-13-2010, 9:07 PM Reply   
Actually, that is definitely not a standard rupture of the knee. And most likely her knee was not "dislocated". A patellar dislocation is common, but does not tear intracapsular ligaments. Aside from that a knee can really only be "dislocated" in a high force blunt trauma incident. A PCL tear is quite rare in any sport. An MCL tear is pretty rare in wakeboarding because it usually takes an outside blow to the knee to fully tear. The usual injury in wakeboarding is ACL and Meniscus tear. So if those 3 ligaments are truely torn, it took a pretty high force on landing, or she landed in the most optimal position to torque on the knee. Very unfortunate. :-(
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       06-14-2010, 9:21 AM Reply   
Sorry Dallas... Get well soon.
Old     (joe_crawley)      Join Date: Jan 2007       06-14-2010, 9:35 AM Reply   
Quote:
Actually, that is definitely not a standard rupture of the knee. And most likely her knee was not "dislocated".
Well two of the sports Legends (in a sport with only about 10 true legends) have received the triple- Byerly and Murray, both as a result of dislocation. I know wakeboarders who have received that injury, and I know several female soccer players who have gotten the same injury as well. The idea that a ACL-PCL-MCL rupture is extremely rare is patently false. And MCL tears are not uncommon at all in wakeboarding, snowboarding, or any high impact landing sport.

Quote:
Aside from that a knee can really only be "dislocated" in a high force blunt trauma incident
Like landing awkwardly from 10 feet off the deck.
Old     (eubanks01)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-14-2010, 10:12 AM Reply   
Irene - I'm thinking the MCL is pretty common. I've torn ligaments in my knee 2 times...MCL's alone on different knees. Bury the nose of the board and the lower leg/board stops while your upper leg/body keeps going and your knee will get bent inward. Happened to me twice on two different tricks.

Either way, so sad for Dallas. I hope she stays with it and makes another come back. You have to be very mentally strong to keep going through the PT and work to come back from stuff like this.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-14-2010, 10:18 AM Reply   
I did ACL, MCL, and PCL. Doc literally said, yep this is the common Triad that we see with you wake boarders. He was the US Olympic Ski and Snowboard doc.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       06-14-2010, 10:27 AM Reply   
Sorry to hear this, Dallas. Someone mentioned it yesterday on the boat, and everyone was bummed out.

Heal up quick. Work hard. Hope to see you back in the game soon.
Old     (otown_dave)      Join Date: Dec 2007       06-14-2010, 10:33 AM Reply   
Dam that sucks! After seeing her comeback year with her on top, this year would be a progressive year for the Woman pushing each other. Hope thing go well as can be...
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       06-14-2010, 10:49 AM Reply   
That's such a bummer man. All that rehab to get back to the top after her broken leg and now this. Jeez.
Old     (jcfox00)      Join Date: Mar 2009       06-14-2010, 2:18 PM Reply   
Sorry to hear about this, such a bummer to an awesome rider. If you saw any of her rehab after her femur break, I have no doubt she will be back in no time, this girl is determined! Good luck with recovery
Old    ChrisEbrahimoff            06-21-2010, 3:00 PM Reply   
That truly does suck...I certainly would doctor her anytime however (I think she is friggin' cute as can be)...anyhow, the rehab is tough, but I certainly think if anyone can come back from this it would be her.