Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Trick Tips

Old                08-18-2003, 6:48 AM Reply   
hi, 2 day i tried a surface 360 on the mk cable tow and i had 2 problems 1)i couldn't start the rotation quick enough and 2) once i got to about 270 i keep losin my balance and fall off.Thanks 4 any help Richard.A

Wot trick should i try next on the cable?
Old                08-18-2003, 1:22 PM Reply   
hey, managed to pull off first 360 on the wakeskate today and can almost consistently do them on the wakeboard.
On the wakeskate i start by cutting out on my toeside, flatten off, hold the handle slightly to the left (im left foot forward which means when im passing the cable there's enough room for my left hand to grab the handle). When you're ready to go pull the cable in to your right hip and pull your right foot round to the front, try and keep up the momentum so while the ropes slightly slack just behind your right hip you want to try and grab it behind your back with your left hand and pull yourself round.
On the wakeboard i tend to go blind first (i guess when you say you loose balance at 270 you mean when you're facing away from the direction of travel), i started by leaning right forward on my toeside so i knew i wasn't going to catch my heel, i tried to keep my head as low to the water as possible right until i come round to right foot forward. Once you've mastered blind 180s its pretty easy just to add a switch 180 at the end. Sorry about the essay and hope it helps
Old                08-19-2003, 9:17 AM Reply   
hi, i managed to nail the 360 2day. My brother was supposed to be taping it but he pressed the button and it didnt record, but i have not got it consistently yet, so i need more practise.Thanks 4 the info.
Rich
Old                09-11-2003, 7:27 PM Reply   
hey
at first i to had trouble with my surface 3's but i figured if the boat slowed down it would be easier to stay up and it worked. so maybe you just need to go slower? just a thot hope itll work
Old                09-14-2003, 5:00 PM Reply   
jacky id hate to put u down but thats really a bad habit that i would try to break.
Old                09-14-2003, 6:42 PM Reply   
Why is that a bad habit? If you are trying a surface move for the first time it works great. Then as you can do the surface move consistently gradually increase the speed, and there you go.
Old                09-16-2003, 11:22 AM Reply   
I tried surface 360's last weekend at a much slower speed than usual (ride 22mph) and worked my way up to about 18-20mph by the end of the day. Will incorporate the wake next weekend (still at a slower speed at first).I think it is a bad habit only if you stay there.

you know you are going to fall a lot when learning it so why make it hurt so much?
Old                09-16-2003, 12:53 PM Reply   
Yeah, your right Jim. If I am learning something new and I can go slower for it I will because it causes less pain. And yeah, if you stay at the slow speeds then it is a bad habit.
Old                09-17-2003, 7:26 AM Reply   
thats what i meant
Old                09-23-2003, 8:20 PM Reply   
Is it possible to do surface tricks like 3's and 180's even with large fins? (mine are around 1 and three fourths to 2" deep and almost 4" long)

Scott
Old                09-24-2003, 7:39 AM Reply   
YEs just make sure you don't catch an edge on your board or else you'll eat it. I tried surface 360's yesterday and was caught up on the handle pass. I have to remember to bring the handle in before I start my rotation and to grab the handle with the other hand!
Old     (tparider)      Join Date: Aug 2003       03-29-2004, 5:45 PM Reply   
just take your fins off to get the feel of the movement.
Old     (wakehype)      Join Date: Dec 2002       03-31-2004, 1:19 PM Reply   
i always do backside surface 3's at the start of all me sets, generally.
Old                04-06-2004, 6:18 PM Reply   
what is the point of lerning them
Old                04-09-2004, 7:27 PM Reply   
To start the 360 flip first set your back foot up with the ball of your toe on the right side(left side if you are regular footed) of the tail. Then set yoor foot up like a kickflip but closer to the back of your board. The majority of the flip is in your back foot. Your back foot should go in a sweeping motion(like a pop shuvit) and with your front foot flick out like a kickflip but don't give it as much. Make sure to get your front foot out of the way. As it starts to spin watch for the griptape, set your feet, and ride away clean.

(Message edited by skaterprod on April 09, 2004)
Old     (nashjeffries)      Join Date: Feb 2004       04-13-2004, 9:29 PM Reply   
take off the fins!!!!!!!!!!!!!
theres ur answer!!!!!! practicer with no fins!!
Old     (cool_dude)      Join Date: May 2004       05-15-2004, 8:01 PM Reply   
nash dont praxtice with no fins. I bought a wakebaord without fins and learned to do it and then i got fins and cannot do it at all. i always catch an edge it wont help you. it just takes practice
Old                05-15-2004, 10:16 PM Reply   
i always ride finless, i've never used fins... ever? is that bad? lol