Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through March 19, 2004

Old     (sid7)      Join Date: Mar 2003       03-03-2004, 5:44 AM Reply   
Which should I get? Which one did you guys like the best, and why??
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-03-2004, 7:13 AM Reply   
this is an easy one. Buy Welcome. Let me know how it is.
Old     (jon_a)      Join Date: Feb 2003       03-03-2004, 7:35 AM Reply   
We've got both of them in our shop here in Malvern Arkansas. Come in and view both, make your choice then.
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       03-03-2004, 8:56 AM Reply   
I liked Welcome much more than Blacklist. Both are more lifestyle videos than pure riding videos, but I was just disappointed with Blacklist. I've watched Welcome about 5 times already which to me is the sign of a good video - that you can enjoy watching it over and over.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-05-2004, 10:38 AM Reply   
I bought Welcome last night....It bored me to death! And I'm easily entertained. I didn't even make it through the whole video. Ruck's section was especially disappointing. I was hoping to see more of his riding.

(Message edited by jarrod on March 05, 2004)
Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       03-07-2004, 7:08 AM Reply   
neither are as good as all or nothing. welcome is the better of the 2. blacklist is a waste of money, just watch the opening to "wakeboarding unleashed" and you'll see about the same amount of riding. i would skip blacklist & get welcome.
Old     (malibuboarder75)      Join Date: Jan 2004       03-08-2004, 6:13 PM Reply   
welcome, blacklist is only like 9 min of riding
Old     (cgutzmer)      Join Date: Jul 2003       03-10-2004, 12:44 PM Reply   
I agree Blacklist is ok but lacks the amount of pure riding as Welcome. I would have to say buy Welcome over Blacklist.
Old    ride2day            03-10-2004, 12:55 PM Reply   
I haven't seen Blacklist, but based on the comments here, I WON'T be seeing it because "Weclome" truly bored me to death. My copy of Welcome will be on eBay as soon as I get the time to post it. I didn't even watch it all the way through the first time I put it in the player. "Welcome" is an example of the crap produced when you combine big ego's and poor judgement. I (and probably many others) could care less about watching PB hit a softball or any of the bs about the HL team lifestyle. On a positive note, "Dedicated" is by far one of the best wakeboarding DVD's I've purchased in some time. Wakeboarding needs more riders with attitudes like Collin Wright's and less like the HL propagandists.

(Message edited by Ride2day on March 10, 2004)
Old    eric281            03-10-2004, 1:30 PM Reply   
this might sound stupid, but since im a beginner, i would rather see less slider footage, and more wake action. welcome was full of sliders... and thats cool, but are there other videos with more intermediate level stuff? i have detention1&2 dvd, but i dont care for instructional dvd's... i just wanna watch something that is cool, but the moves are attainable... i watch alot of videos and realize i will prolly never do that stuff... lookin for somethin in between?
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-11-2004, 6:39 AM Reply   
I don't know what "welcome" you guys are watching but the one I saw was sick- PB gapping that kinked rail was tight- and contrary to what was posted above, Ruck kills it- hs mobes and big 2ups- jd killed it too- so did grubb....... plus all the footage from meddock was really tight and he did a fine job of editing- I liked it and I guess that is all that matters-
Old     (nautiair)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-11-2004, 6:42 AM Reply   
ps- joey meddock is the future of wake vid- the dude has some great ideas that obviously come through in his footage- always trying something different than the same old stuff- got to give props for that- I thought that "captured" was good too- very innovative- just my .02$
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       03-11-2004, 6:53 AM Reply   
Alex, there was some cool stuff. But the sections were full of slider footage which gets old after a while. I want to see wake trick after wake trick after wake trick of the sick riding these guys are capable of. That's what I expected. I would rather watch All or Nothing anyday or F4A.
Old    ride2day            03-11-2004, 7:46 AM Reply   
Eric: The older Bump videos (bumpfilms.com) such as The Faction, Shafted or even Shaft all have great wake-to-wake riding. 12 Honkeys and All or Nothing are also great choices.
Old    dinker            03-11-2004, 11:07 AM Reply   
whoa evryone needs to chill welcome was a awesome vid Murray singing was worth it right there!Yeah they had alot of sliders in it what does that matter was this an instructional video nope thats what i thought everyone needs to chill out the video was great and on top of that everybody needs to stop hating on hyperlite man all i hear is people complain about their team and their products you kknow what they have the best team and product out there welcome is an awesome video you should get it for sure

Old     (wake_eater)      Join Date: May 2003       03-11-2004, 4:41 PM Reply   
Eric----get "all or nothing", its my favorite dvd so far.