Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-21-2013, 7:26 AM Reply   
This should be interesting! Josh Kerr, who is currently ranked #6 in the ASP World Rankings, joined Team Tige for some wakesurfing! I am excited to see what he will bring to the wakesurfing world and if it spawns some new action into the sport!
http://www.tige.com/blog/post/josh-kerr-joins-teamtige
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-21-2013, 7:43 AM Reply   
He's sponsored by Rusty surfboards, I wonder if they will be making him a purpose built board and then start selling those?
Old     (Doomswell)      Join Date: Aug 2012       08-21-2013, 8:33 AM Reply   
That's awesome for the sport! Kerr is an awesome surfer.
Old     (Chaos)      Join Date: Apr 2010       08-21-2013, 8:42 AM Reply   
Rusty Surfboard has been making wakesurfer for many years, and are recognized as one of the contributors to the 'first' world championships in 2003, held in Mission Bay. It is certainly no where near their mainstay. Clint P. (R. P.'s son), has a fairly new wakesurf company, that hasn't really gained too much traction. However, it might now. Pro surfers have been wakesurfing for year, nothing new. In my experience it is just a great past time, and fun with friends. This is great for Tige, but don't expect to see Josh Kerr showing up at too many wakesurf contests, if any, given the world of waves out there and the demands of the WCT. I could be wrong.... it wouldn't be the first time.

Last edited by Chaos; 08-21-2013 at 8:43 AM. Reason: h
Old     (Doomswell)      Join Date: Aug 2012       08-21-2013, 8:46 AM Reply   
Yea, I don't believe I'd be seeing him at any of the contests due to his schedule on the tour but none the less awesome for the sport as far as recognition.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       08-21-2013, 8:47 AM Reply   
I know it's not new to them but it's new as far as a boat company sponsoring one, isn't it? I would love to see him compete in at least 1 comp but I doubt it, not enough prize money to be won. The guy has already made over $100k in prize winnings in the ASP tour this year so $1,500 would be chump change. Good advertising for Tige too if he sports Tige stickers on his ocean board or wears a shirt/hat whatever while on the tour. He made $14,500 for a 5th place finish in Tahiti the other day...

Last edited by timmyb; 08-21-2013 at 8:50 AM.
Old     (Doomswell)      Join Date: Aug 2012       08-21-2013, 8:50 AM Reply   
I agree ^^^^
Old     (MCObray)      Join Date: Mar 2013       08-21-2013, 11:37 AM Reply   
Sweet pickup by Tige'. It's cool to see Tige' really stepping it up in the Wakesurfing game by continually signing riders. They are doing a great job of trying to make this sport mainstream and I applaud their actions. Ill also add that ever since their redesign, Tige' has put a pretty good stamp on making their boats stand out and not following the pack, as far as interior/exterior design goes.

Last edited by MCObray; 08-21-2013 at 11:40 AM.