Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-17-2013, 8:44 PM Reply   
My 10-year-old son went to Mike Schwenne's West Coast Camps last year and called it "the best week of my life!" He worked all year to come up with half the fee so that he could go again this year (which isn't easy for a 10-year-old), so he's going to be an 11-year-old veteran now. Is anyone else sending their kids to camp? We're doing week #4 and then we're going to do the Pro Tour the weekend after. Should be a blast!
Old     (seth)      Join Date: Sep 2002       05-17-2013, 10:35 PM Reply   
Im a 31 year old kid who really wants to go.
Old     (hillbilly)      Join Date: Aug 2002       05-18-2013, 7:05 PM Reply   
Dave the weekend before the pro tour is an INT event at the same place!!!!
Just saying.....lol
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-21-2013, 8:36 AM Reply   
They've got sessions for 31-year-old kids as well!

I just spent the weekend with one of the coaches, Conor Bayuk, whom I met when I picked up my son from camp last year. He's such a quality guy and I can't believe how excited he is to go up to Lake McClure on Thursday and spend three months on a houseboat (showering in the lake, no less) just to be able to coach wakeboarding! The crew of coaches and their passion for teaching kids new stuff is pretty amazing!
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-21-2013, 8:41 AM Reply   
Me, Conor and Andrew yesterday showing off the fruits of our labor!

Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       05-21-2013, 8:55 AM Reply   
I'll be there June 10-14 with Evan Brown.

I can vouch for Conor......he's a riot! Mike Schwenne knows how to hire the right people. His staff is amazing. Great riders with the perfect personalities for coaching.
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-21-2013, 9:07 AM Reply   
but....is that thing earthquake proof? Looks good right in front so everyone can watch each other eat it

West Coast Camps is the best camp around by far! Conor, met him 8 years ago at the Wakesports Regatta at the Bluewater when he was just a grom doing 180s. That day my son rode about 100' thanks to Tex and Conor's help. There is not another more excited person about the sport of wakeboarding that I have seen.

Week 4 is the cool week, we are also headed up for his 4th time at Camp. Saying It is more than money well spent, is an understatement.

Mike and Monica are some of the best folks in the industry as far as I am concerned. They take great care of everyone.

I highly recommend attending this camp. "i am not sponsored"