Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-22-2012, 3:12 PM Reply   
Lately my 07 star is been having a REALLY hard time getting on plane. Engines not screaming or struggling it just takes a couple of minutes to get on plane. Im was gonna just take it in to have them look at it but i thought i would see if anyone could help me find the problem on here. I have turned of PP and there are not anymore people than usual in the boat and, the prop isn't bent. The engine starts and idles fine, and doesn't bog out. Once it gets on plane its fine. The engine is the 6.0 Captain Crusader.
Old     (ferral)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-22-2012, 3:49 PM Reply   
Check for leaks? One time out with a buddy, we had trouble planing and found the vdrive compartment full of water.
Old     (waketowake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-22-2012, 6:14 PM Reply   
no leaks thanks for the reply though.
Old     (willyt)      Join Date: May 2010       07-23-2012, 6:27 AM Reply   
how many hours? if you poke around on teamtalk or ask some of the dealers crusader engines were a one year and done for a reason...

BUT

sounds like you might need a tune-up. replace the plugs and wires (i think that's supposed to be done every year for the LY6-based engines) and see if that helps. planning on replacing the plugs and wires in my 07 soon