Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       03-24-2003, 2:12 PM Reply   
for a specific weekend, not every weekend, i was planning on adding two strobe lights and a fog machine to my boat for a little party.

i have 1 converter already. and if i need to i will get another one. my question is, should i rig it up to run straight off an extra battery and just bring an extra battery along? or do all of the outlets run seperately to where i hopefully wont blow a fuse? i am just not sure how much i can have plugged in my outlets running at the same time. what info do i need to find out before i do this? i guess the number of amps each pulls. what else?

any info would be helpful cause i dont know anything about this electrical stuff and would rather not do any of it, then to mess up the boat.

thanks
Old    whitechocolate            03-24-2003, 3:33 PM Reply   
Run Wire Directly to you Bat "Fo So" the wires that run to most boat's acc or lghter outlet's are small gauge( A Joke) some high output fat sack pumps draw quite alot of Juce and can melt down the thin gauge wire and cause a fire. Strops wont draw that much but the fog machine will draw quite alot, When in doubt beef it up
Old    6more            03-25-2003, 6:01 AM Reply   
You need to find out how much power your inverter puts out, and then add up the required power needs of the accessories you want to use. Everything should be clearly labeled on all the products.

I agree with Grant in thinking the fog machine is going to be you biggest power issue. The strobes don't require much power at all. If the fog machine doesn't work out, you could always use dry ice instead. That would probably be much safer.