Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 28, 2004

Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       07-20-2004, 9:12 PM Reply   
Hello boys and girls, i hope everyones season is going well. I have a quick question about bullards bar that maybe some of you nor cal riders can help me with. I am bringing my family along with me and they think camping would be fun, but, they arent into roughing it too much. So, with that in mind I have ruled out boat in camping, but would still like to be somewhere on the lake where they can swim and play, but still within distance to some good water.. Oh yeah.. wheres a good spot to ride, and is there anything else I should know about the lake other then the tough hike from the parking lot..I reallt apprecitate everyones help in this matter,. Its a long drive from LA, but I have heard only good things about the lake.. It will be a mid week trip in about 2 weeks.. so if any one is going to be there lets hook up.. thanks again..

JOSH
Old    1kanaka            07-21-2004, 4:03 PM Reply   
Josh,

The lake is @ 66% capacity, so boat in camping is now actually "hike in" camping. Also, that means that there is NO shoreline camping available. (Feds issue limited permits, and you can't set up camp wherever you want, legally..)My usual routine is to get out on the lake early and ride, then spend the rest of the day in the 5 mph area chillin'.Then I pull the boat out to my campsite. As for good places to ride the entire lake is good until the afternoon when the wind kicks up. Even then you could probably find decent water up the Yuba arm.

Check out Emerald Cove's website for details on camping. Reserve now if haven't already. I'll be there Aug 5-8.

www.bullardsbar.com
Old    whitechocolate            07-21-2004, 4:46 PM Reply   
I love Bullards that place is great you will have a great time
Old     (trojanman)      Join Date: May 2002       07-22-2004, 7:49 PM Reply   
thanks guys... anyone else
Old    norcal_99            07-23-2004, 4:56 AM Reply   
Bullard's is the BOMB.

Old     (rdiestler)      Join Date: Mar 2003       07-23-2004, 5:53 AM Reply   
If you are going mid week you will darn near have the place to your self! You will be able to take your time getting your boat in the water, and still have smooth water for hours. If you get tired of being on the lake, drop your boat off at the camp site and head south on hwy 49 until you get to Oregon Creek. It is a swimming hole on the river where you can sit, relax drink some beer, let the family swim and enjoy the beautiful scenery. I enjoy hanging at the river almost as much as I enjoy the lake.
Old     (skerzz)      Join Date: Feb 2002       07-23-2004, 11:05 AM Reply   
If you are making that long of a drive you might as well just go on up to Shasta.