Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-02-2014, 12:48 PM Reply   
The Tige Vision air seat(or whatever it was called). Jet is very fond of it and speaks of it often!

I have said often over on Tige owners that if the ASR is priced equal to the G it will be a failed venture. Some agree and some don't. Some beat the drum and think it can be worth as much, but I haven't drank that much of the kool aid. I think it needs to perform similarly(remains to be seen) and be priced noticeably cheaper than the G. I'm probably a poor example because of the relationship I have with my dealer, but I could order an ASR for close to 30K less than the price above referenced what was paid for that G.

But Tige dealers are like dealers of any other Wake boat, meaning they set there prices based on the margin they want to make. The manufacturers set the MSRP, but the dealers set their own sale prices, thats why there is so much discussion on here about prices and why the vary so much. So if they think the ASR is indeed a game changer and try to sell for MSRP, then I doubt they will sell. Versus if they sell them 15K under a comparable G, to try and break into the Wake barge market.

Last edited by boardman74; 01-02-2014 at 12:57 PM.
Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       01-02-2014, 1:30 PM Reply   
I would really like to understand why no sea life clings to a sunken Tige...not a barnacle, nothing...?!? I can sink a rusted deep fryer from the forties and something will grow on it....!
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-02-2014, 1:35 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetRanger View Post
I would really like to understand why no sea life clings to a sunken Tige...not a barnacle, nothing...?!? I can sink a rusted deep fryer from the forties and something will grow on it....!
I don't know but that sounds like a nice feature! "Tige's new scum free hull, keeping keep scum off of and out of your boat". Maybe that's why there are so many on here that dislike them, it's not by choice, it's because Tige's are scum free!
Old    SMDFSRK            01-02-2014, 3:44 PM Reply   
Thanks for pointing that out Mike. Do you mind if I call you Captain Obvious?

Listen man, I deal with a half dozen brands of boats. I know what my expectations are from the manufacturer. When I say that Tige has BY FAR the most instances of warranty and quality control issues I've got a good bit of experience to draw from. You look pathetic, all of you always coming in to save the day for Tige. It's sad and I feel bad for you. It just is what it is.
Old    SMDFSRK            01-02-2014, 3:50 PM Reply   
I never get tired of hearing what a great buddy you are with your dealer. Please, tell us again what a great deal you get. I haven't heard about it enough yet. C'mon, just once more for all of us!?
Old     (boardman74)      Join Date: Jul 2012       01-02-2014, 4:22 PM Reply   
I do it just for you…but i feel very small and inferior. Being I only have a friend in a dealer of one brand. You know everything about the inner workings of at least 6. Is there even 6 manufacturers in your area or have you had to travel to amass this vast knowledge? Your like a serial killer, only with boat warranty and repair knowledge. Plus I find it stimulating how you go to great lengths to keep yourself so secret. Your like a CIA secret squirrel boat spy….I wish I was like you. So much I just might have to use a favor to my friend the Person of Interest guy so i know who you really are. There are so many really fun people on here, but i choose you as my favorite!! I'm so happy right now!
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-02-2014, 4:24 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMDFSRK View Post
Thanks for pointing that out Mike. Do you mind if I call you Captain Obvious?

Listen man, I deal with a half dozen brands of boats. I know what my expectations are from the manufacturer. When I say that Tige has BY FAR the most instances of warranty and quality control issues I've got a good bit of experience to draw from. You look pathetic, all of you always coming in to save the day for Tige. It's sad and I feel bad for you. It just is what it is.
This is Wake World, so feel free to call me what ever names you like, doesnt bother me, its ok. You've resorted to name calling and insults, but im the pathetic one LOL

So you think you are the only one on WW that has boat experience to draw from?

Last edited by chpthril; 01-02-2014 at 4:27 PM.
Old    SMDFSRK            01-02-2014, 4:35 PM Reply   
Yikes, that escalated quickly. Calm down and take a breath. Making threats isn't very becoming of you. As you know we're all entitled to our opinions and they all stink. Why get so worked up over a person posting theirs on the internet? I do appreciate your loyalty to your buddy though.

Since you brought up secrets, would you be willingshare with us who your dealer is and how much you're able to get your boats for?
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-02-2014, 4:36 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by SMDFSRK View Post
I never get tired of hearing what a great buddy you are with your dealer. Please, tell us again what a great deal you get. I haven't heard about it enough yet. C'mon, just once more for all of us!?
1) the dealer I bought my Tige from in 3/06, got dropped by Tige 4 months later for poor customer service, so I am hardly "buddys" with them
2) No special deals here. Paid a little % less then MSRP, probably about what most any buyer would.
3)We havent had a local Tige dealer since 08
4) and the kicker.......brace yourself.......are you sitting down.........I havent owned a Tige since 08

Old     (JetRanger)      Join Date: Feb 2013       01-02-2014, 4:39 PM Reply   
I'd like to address the elephant in the room: a barnacle or a coral would sooner not exist than to latch itself onto a scuttled Tige.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-02-2014, 4:50 PM Reply   
SMDFSRK and [Jet Ranger] are both pot stirrers. If i'm not mistaken SMDFSRK has just been removed for bad behavior.
Old     (SecretSquirrel)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-02-2014, 5:24 PM Reply   
Further top secret investigation may be necessary to fully understand the lack of attraction coral and barnacles seem to have to this Tiger boat. This could be space age technology at play.
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-02-2014, 5:49 PM Reply   
So JetRanger, which boat do you have again?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-02-2014, 5:51 PM Reply   
It's so funny that SMDFSRK has so much hatred towards Tige that he needed to rejoin under a new username just to keep bashing them.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-02-2014, 6:15 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
It's so funny that SMDFSRK has so much hatred towards Tige that he needed to rejoin under a new username just to keep bashing them.
Its a very important mission to warn all WW of those pathetic members that actually like the boat they own
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-03-2014, 5:14 AM Reply   
Personally, I don't particularly care for the looks of this boat on the trailer. Impressive and aesthetically pleasing are two separate concepts. I feel this way about a lot of the non-traditional bow boats on trailers. I'm sure it's a nice boat and performs admirably, but sitting on the trailer, it does very little for me. I'm sure it makes it easier to get in the boat while it's on the trailer, but that bar at the front with steps on it reminds me of a pontoon boat trailer. I'd love to see a on the water pic of this boat, as I'm sure it will look a lot better on the water than off of it.
Old     (wakedaveup)      Join Date: May 2012       01-03-2014, 5:54 AM Reply   
I keep dieing laughing at the coral comments haha!!
Old     (FastR3DN3K)      Join Date: Jun 2013 Location: Midlothian TX       01-03-2014, 7:31 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by illini88 View Post
Personally, I don't particularly care for the looks of this boat on the trailer. Impressive and aesthetically pleasing are two separate concepts. I feel this way about a lot of the non-traditional bow boats on trailers. I'm sure it's a nice boat and performs admirably, but sitting on the trailer, it does very little for me. I'm sure it makes it easier to get in the boat while it's on the trailer, but that bar at the front with steps on it reminds me of a pontoon boat trailer. I'd love to see a on the water pic of this boat, as I'm sure it will look a lot better on the water than off of it.
Well, my dealer here in Ft. Worth is supposed to be getting a couple of them this year, with the first one supposedly on it's way this month. I've already told him that I want to go take a demo ride in it, so I'll be sure to try and take plenty of QUALITY pics of it in the showroom, latched onto my dually, and in the water just so everyone can compare. I'll also try to get some good wake pics, and if I'm feeling ballsy enough to freeze my ass off, maybe even ride behind it a bit.
Old     (Bam6961)      Join Date: Apr 2011       01-03-2014, 7:38 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastR3DN3K View Post
. I'll also try to get some good wake pics, and if I'm feeling ballsy enough to freeze my ass off, maybe even ride behind it a bit.
Sack it out too! aleast another 2k, since most add more weight to the G.