Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-01-2011, 7:48 AM Reply   
for all the know it alls out there. here's a little research. went to nautiques web site down loaded a owners manual[the only way to find out the real warranty].MOE[nauti4life] i found nautique says they have a 5 year gelcoat warranty against defects in material and workmanship[exceptions are gelcoat finish,color fastness,BLISTERS] it also states maintenence is owners responsibility and it doesn't cover anything they determine was caused by negligence,impact or collision. SO what does tige's 5 year blister warranty look like now?I'M not hating on any brand . i owned a 1992 correct craft nautique excel and i had 15 years of trouble free service and a 40 % of original purchase price back. so i am well aware of how well they are built and how good the resale of the boat is.i just see a trend here on wakeworld when 1 person compliments a brand of boat others must tear it down to make their decision for their boat justified.I think axis,malibu,mastercraft,nautique,moomba,supra and Tige all make high quality reliable boats that will last for years.all are a little different just like Ice Cream ,different flavors for different people.
Old     (dru1974)      Join Date: Nov 2009       01-01-2011, 9:54 AM Reply   
Robert that was very well put and while there r a couple of .....let's say lesser quality boats out there those company's don't usually hang around all that long.but as long as everyone gets the kind of ice-cream they like who cares. Happy new year all.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-03-2011, 6:38 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by heath View Post
Chattwake,

Where is your home lake? If memory serves it's somewhere in TN. I boat mostly at Cumberland. I would love to hook up with you at possibly Dale Hollow one weekend this summer and we ride all weekend behind my 230 and your new Axis. That would be awesome. We could then share pics and our weekend experience with everyone on WW.

Let me know what you think.
Heath,

I ride in Chattanooga on Chickamauga Lake mostly. We ride on the river some too. I usually make it to a few tournaments in Nashville (Board Bonanza, etc.) as well as the PWT stop in Knoxville and some other events in Knoxville.

I'd love to give you a pull behind the A22 anytime we can hook up. If you like that 230 wake, I think you'll like the A22 wake as well.
Old     (geterdone)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-04-2011, 2:50 PM Reply   
2011 Supra 242
This boat is huge!
Attached Images

Old     (wakesetter_WW)      Join Date: Jul 2010       01-04-2011, 8:38 PM Reply   
I could look at that black and blue A20 all day! I've always been a Malibu fan but I have to say those tiges are sick
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-05-2011, 4:52 AM Reply   
That 242 looks SICK!! I love that big interior layout, and easily my favorite color combo aside from some green.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       01-05-2011, 7:00 AM Reply   
That supra does look really good!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-05-2011, 6:00 PM Reply   
That's not a boat, it's a floating living room with a kitchen nook off the front...
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-05-2011, 7:11 PM Reply   
thats not a kitchen it's a sun room.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-06-2011, 9:35 AM Reply   
very impressed with the new supras. Ive always thought they looked nice, but those new towers make them look kickass!
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-06-2011, 10:14 AM Reply   
Man.. All the new boats are blingy as can be. I'm loving the effort that's going into the interiors. Finally looks like you're getting something for your $60+k. Nice boats everyone. I couldn't even pick a favorite. They all look great. Major props for Tige. Those boats never did anything for me, but the new ones are sooo sweet.
Old     (tyler97217)      Join Date: Aug 2004       01-06-2011, 10:26 AM Reply   
Hmmm I wonder if I could fit that big 242 in my garage? That looks sexy!
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-08-2011, 5:14 AM Reply   
I LIKE A LITTLE OF EVERYTHING. pictures are worth a thousand words. let's see some more new boats.
Old     (brucegoose23)      Join Date: Jan 2011       01-08-2011, 6:16 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by heath View Post
Chattwake,

Where is your home lake? If memory serves it's somewhere in TN. I boat mostly at Cumberland. I would love to hook up with you at possibly Dale Hollow one weekend this summer and we ride all weekend behind my 230 and your new Axis. That would be awesome. We could then share pics and our weekend experience with everyone on WW.

Let me know what you think.
I ride at Green River Lake and was thinking about making a trip to the Dale this summer with some friends. I heard it is a good lake to shred. Any comments or advice?
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-08-2011, 8:24 AM Reply   
Not the best pic... but here's an 2011 23 Widebody
Attached Images

Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-08-2011, 9:16 AM Reply   
i like the graphics.
Old     (illini88)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-08-2011, 10:03 AM Reply   
Looks like MB changed up the interior vinyl scheme for 11. Looks sharp

Last edited by illini88; 01-08-2011 at 10:05 AM.
Old     (geterdone)      Join Date: Oct 2005       01-08-2011, 10:39 AM Reply   
Slow day at work. 2011 210
Attached Images

Old     (ajholt7)      Join Date: Apr 2009       01-08-2011, 5:45 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by geterdone View Post
Slow day at work. 2011 210
That is sweet! I love the blue and black.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-09-2011, 6:37 AM Reply   
sweet color combo on the nautique. there is another thread HOUSTON BOAT SHOW that has some more nautiques as well as other new boats. check it out.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-09-2011, 8:40 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakereviews View Post
Not the best pic... but here's an 2011 23 Widebody
damn! that looks sick!!! graphics look real nice.
Old     (summerobsession)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-14-2011, 8:52 AM Reply   
This one is so new...it's not even done yet.

This is a RZ4 that will have the 450hp motor and about every available option factory installed.
The word I get is completion somewhere around the end of this month, we are pretty excited!

I will say this is not at all the color scheme I would have picked, but the wife and kids love it!

The last pic is the boat mate trailer just waiting for its new boat.
Attached Images

Last edited by summerobsession; 01-14-2011 at 8:54 AM. Reason: spelling
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-14-2011, 10:13 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerobsession View Post
This one is so new...it's not even done yet.

This is a RZ4 that will have the 450hp motor and about every available option factory installed.
The word I get is completion somewhere around the end of this month, we are pretty excited!

I will say this is not at all the color scheme I would have picked, but the wife and kids love it!

The last pic is the boat mate trailer just waiting for its new boat.
dude cant wait to see that done! its gonna be killer! Is the tower gonna be black or green?? might look sick with a green tower, black speakers, and some green led rings behind the black speaker grill
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       01-14-2011, 10:20 AM Reply   
Nice RZ4 John! Can't wait to see the finished product!
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-14-2011, 10:31 AM Reply   
are you getting that 6.2L motor? i wouldnt mind 550 supercharged horses to play with...
Old     (summerobsession)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-14-2011, 2:12 PM Reply   
Thanks for the compliments guys, it should be very cool.
It is the PCM 6.0 450 hp model. I looked really hard at the 550 supercharged, but I was afraid the fuel consumption would be completely rediulous instead of just mostly rediculous.

It is getting the black tower with black speakers, but we are painting the grills green as well as adding LED's. Tim helped getting that set up. Thanks Tim!!!

I do want to add some interior LED's to the boat as we use it at night quite a bit, we will work on that once it's delivered.

These pics were taken right after Christmas, so I will try to get some new ones and share asap.
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       01-16-2011, 4:58 AM Reply   
GREAT LOOKING BOAT JOHN. as long as the family is happy the color will grow on you.you'll forget about it when your having fun and getting compliments while you are on the water.enjoy your new boat and send more pictures.
Old     (summerobsession)      Join Date: Jun 2005       01-19-2011, 7:05 AM Reply   
No I agree, the color is actually cool. I'm a big Plymouth muscle car fan (I have a 1971 GTX) so sublime green is cool to me. I just wanted to go with white and Navy to be easier to keep clean.
The boat is now done, I am just waiting to see some new pictures. As soon as I get some I will let you guys see her!
Old     (summerobsession)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-11-2011, 9:36 AM Reply   
Sorry I haven't posted new pics...I just got a few quick one this week, I have been out of town.
These are at the dealer getting prepped. We are painting the trim rings on the pro 80's and 60's to match the boat, so they are not pictured. I should have the boat in a couple weeks, no hurry I guess since it is freaking 13 below here!
Attached Images

Old     (summerobsession)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-11-2011, 9:38 AM Reply   
Here is what the speakers will look like, though obviously in green:
Attached Images

Old     (summerobsession)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-11-2011, 9:40 AM Reply   
Looking at he pics, I just thought of a name/slogan for this boat: "It ain't easy being green!". It's new nickname is Kermit!
Old     (daveronix199)      Join Date: Feb 2009       02-11-2011, 9:51 AM Reply   
WOW I LOVE BOATS..... What is that you see on the second picture that John posted the Green Tiges throttle it has a red switch... would that be kill switch? but i see a teather hanging below it so im not sure anyone know??

Cheers
Old     (summerobsession)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-11-2011, 9:52 AM Reply   
A couple more....I will post some good pics when I see it in person.
Attached Images

Old     (summerobsession)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-11-2011, 9:54 AM Reply   
Dave: I am sure that is the switch to run the TAPS plate, like a trim switch.
Old     (vlx10rl)      Join Date: Dec 2009       02-11-2011, 10:39 AM Reply   
Sharp! Love the green and black together.
Old     (stang_killa_ss)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-11-2011, 11:19 AM Reply   
mines almost finished being built

Old     (wetsounds1)      Join Date: Jan 2006       02-11-2011, 12:03 PM Reply   
John,

Boat looks awesome. Can wait to see the finished and speakers and led's!

Got any more pics of the orange and black boat. That ones looks sick, I have not seen that one yet

Tim
Wet Sounds
Old     (summerobsession)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-11-2011, 12:40 PM Reply   
Hey Tim!
I didn't take the pics of that boat, Joe sent me that one. I'm sure that is a boat he sold, so he should have some more.
I am looking forward to seeing this boat complete! We're also doing some LED's in the speakers as well as you know.
Old    mojo            02-12-2011, 10:09 PM Reply   
Sick looking boats. I just made the same nautique for fun. Enjoy that thing. I'm curious why the tige rear hatch opens inward. Also, is that a two speed tranny?
Old     (cwb4me)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-13-2011, 4:04 PM Reply   
the tige hatch opens inward because it's much easier to load and unload that compartment from inside the boat and on the deck.especially with longer objects like skis and kneeboards. the tige has a single speed v-drive. since i am right handed i load the drivers side rear locker from the deck and the passenger side from the rear seat.hope this helps.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-13-2011, 4:28 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojo View Post
Sick looking boats. I just made the same nautique for fun. Enjoy that thing. I'm curious why the tige rear hatch opens inward. Also, is that a two speed tranny?
the switch on the throttle controls the TAPS. would be sweet if it had a 2 speed like those MB's...
Old    mojo            02-13-2011, 5:03 PM Reply   
Sorry but the tige hatch is dumb. Dont mb use PCM? Still would be in my top 2 choices of brands.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-13-2011, 10:20 PM Reply   
Quote:
Sorry but the tige hatch is dumb. Dont mb use PCM? Still would be in my top 2 choices of brands.
Idk i think its kinda cool. Enough people suggested it to them that they went with it.
doubt it really impacts the use that much, and adds the benefit of being able to get at the locker easily from the dock.
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-14-2011, 1:08 PM Reply   
whats the surf wake like on those a22's?
Old     (timmyb)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-14-2011, 1:21 PM Reply   
Quote:
It's nice for loading stuff into the hatches from a dock or when it's sitting on the trailer. Once you get used to it, you forget that most boats open the other way.
Old     (dirwoody)      Join Date: Apr 2003       02-14-2011, 1:31 PM Reply   
I think the hatch would be really handy, just different.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-14-2011, 7:46 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyb View Post
It's nice for loading stuff into the hatches from a dock or when it's sitting on the trailer. Once you get used to it, you forget that most boats open the other way.
never thought about the trailer loading aspect of it, that would save me a lot of trouble loading and un loading those lockers while the boats on the trailer!
Old     (summerobsession)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-15-2011, 10:59 AM Reply   
She's getting close to being done now... speakers are looking good!
Attached Images

Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-15-2011, 6:17 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerobsession View Post
She's getting close to being done now... speakers are looking good!
lookin good john. Not sure if you said anything about adding more LEDs anywhere else, but i sure hope you do! It looks too freakin sweet not to add more! Cup holders, under the seats, places like that might be really trick looking.
Are you gonna put those under water transom lights too??

check these out if you havent already looked.
http://www.google.com/products/catal...79&os=sellers#
Install is pretty easy if you do it yourself. I have the white sea blaze 3 and they are brightest ive seen.

Last edited by ilikebeaverandboats; 02-15-2011 at 6:21 PM.
Old     (bspot5)      Join Date: Sep 2008       02-15-2011, 8:44 PM Reply   
Where do you get those led rings from for the speakers?
Old     (summerobsession)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-16-2011, 9:09 AM Reply   
I guess you can't see them, but the boat has factory installed twin underwater lights, we'll see how bright two of them are.

As far as the LED rings, my dealer got them.
Old     (summerobsession)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-16-2011, 9:19 AM Reply   
Oh and a s far as other LED's, I wanted to see what green ones looked like, buat as sick as they are, yes, we definitely want to add some more...you suppose Grant is up for a road trip??
Old     (slipknot)      Join Date: Aug 2001       02-16-2011, 10:06 AM Reply   
Congrats Chattwake! You are on Chickamauga correct?
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-16-2011, 10:37 AM Reply   
Yup. Can't wait to get my boat finished so I can post up some pics!
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-16-2011, 2:57 PM Reply   
Question... Is the only option for speed control on an axis that little toggle switch located on the dash? It looked like an rpm speed control. I was thinking of getting an axis in the next couple years but no option of zero off or at least perfect pass is a no go.
Old     (ilikebeaverandboats)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-16-2011, 4:44 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by superair502 View Post
Question... Is the only option for speed control on an axis that little toggle switch located on the dash? It looked like an rpm speed control. I was thinking of getting an axis in the next couple years but no option of zero off or at least perfect pass is a no go.
You could always just go with aftermarket?
Old    mojo            02-16-2011, 4:57 PM Reply   
You can certainly add zo or pp. If it's a deal breaker I'm sure dealer would pro rate it for you.
Old     (trdon)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-16-2011, 6:41 PM Reply   
I am in agreement with chatt on this one too. I have a 2003 SANTE. I have had a decent amout of problems with the boat largely due to the "excessories" that nautique put on it. Just a bunch of super expensive things that with most other boats would be much cheaper. I cant afford a new boat, especially a new nautique. I havent been thrilled about the new direction nautique has gone in the last few years with their marketing strategy (local dealer got product pulled as did many oother smaller dealers across the country) and would not really second guess buying another one, I just flat out wont. I will be holding on to mine for a few years for sure, mostly because I just got it, but there are other boats out there that are simpler in their operation, computer system, gauges, ect that would make troubleshooting a breeze. I am hands on and easier is better. Easy is not a system that has an intermediate computer that costs $1200 just to work guages that could work off of 12V and a sensor.

This is my 3rd nautique in 11 years, and they have all been good to me other than the first year problems, but this one cost me 2000 before I even got to ride in it. My first day on the lake was a tow back to the ramp before I got wet. I know, it is isolated and I have since fixed it. Having extra junk on a boat that in my mind isnt needed just costs extra money to fix later. I love my wake and my boat, but the money can be better put and invested in a boat that will do what is needed without the "excessories" next time. There are few new boats I could afford, and even the ones I can, I would have a difficult time with, but if I am getting one tomorrow, I would be getting a mobius LSV. it is a lot of boat for the money, less BS, all the solid options that make a wakeboat what it is, and it looks damn good. The quality of the moombas have come up significantly in the last 5-6 years and have done a great job.

Sorry for the rant, just one of those pent up things. Hopefully this year will be much cheaper to run my boat.
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-16-2011, 7:51 PM Reply   
The speed control on the a22 is the same paddle wheel setup that worked flawlessly for me on my '02 xstar and 07 vlx. I had zero off on my 230s and I had problems with zo surging, cutting off completely, losing signal, and holding speed while surfing. I hated zo. I'm glad to go back to the old technology that worked for me for years.

Also, I ride on moving water some, and with zo, you had to constantly mess with the speed to catch up with or slow down against the current. Not a problem with the paddle wheel.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       02-17-2011, 5:01 AM Reply   
I wholly agree about the paddle wheel, it's worked flawlessly for me as well.
Old     (silvermustang35)      Join Date: Jul 2008       02-17-2011, 5:29 AM Reply   
Agreed on paddle wheel. It stays more consistent. We had PP Gps based on the last boat and it did well, but under bridges, etc, it would surge/cut out. My buddies 09 SAN has same Zo issues. We have been extremely happy with the paddle wheel speed based control on our axis.
Old     (summerobsession)      Join Date: Jun 2005       02-17-2011, 6:58 AM Reply   
Just a quick FYI: The speaker rings and LED's came from Wetsounds. I thought they did but wanted to make sure, Tim now has options for those of us that want the light, but also want them to have a factory fit! I can't say enough about Tim's customer service, he has been great, even though it's a tige` factory system, he has gone above and beyond!

OK, shameless plug over.
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-17-2011, 9:09 AM Reply   
I dont think you guys follow me... maybe it is only on the 2011 Axis' or something but there is no perfect pass guage, anywhere in the boat, only speed and rpm and this was on the fully loaded vandall boat. Nor was there anywhere to install one aftermarket for that matter. All there is is that little toggle switch. I talked to the guy at the boat show and he said perfect pass cannot work on indmars anymore due to that lawsuit between them and zero off a few years ago. I guess u could install zero off but where would you put the guage? I guess you flip a toggle switch to set the speed? Thats pretty ghetto if thats how it works. Other than that the axis seemed like a nice boat. I dont like that you cannot access the bpw storage under the cusions tho
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-17-2011, 10:27 AM Reply   
No, no, no. There is a digital read out on the dash built into the speedo that displays the cruise settings.

Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-17-2011, 10:29 AM Reply   
Who you spoke to obviously did not understand what you were asking.

Old    mojo            02-17-2011, 10:41 AM Reply   
I want a boat with only options as more ballast, better stereo, and type trailer. No frills no coolers. But those oem wet sounds LEDs look mad good
Old     (superair502)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-17-2011, 10:45 AM Reply   
ok gotcha now im interested again... i guess u just adjust it from the toggle?
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       02-17-2011, 10:48 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by superair502 View Post
ok gotcha now im interested again... i guess u just adjust it from the toggle?
Yeah you just use the toggle, it's really simple and works a lot like the 08 and older malibu speed control.
Old     (AP)      Join Date: Mar 2010       02-17-2011, 2:18 PM Reply   
Quick video demonstrating the cruise control operation...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZena_P2Ilk
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-17-2011, 2:22 PM Reply   
Thats all my current PP does on my 02 Xstar what else do you really need???
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       02-17-2011, 3:57 PM Reply   
There is definitely a digital speed read out option on the Axis A22 and the perfect pass/speed control system works great. Toggle to the speed control screen, use the switch to bump up the speed and it is set. Hit the gas and ride.
Old    mojo            02-18-2011, 10:05 AM Reply   
Seems like that eq spot makes it tough. Passengers can't use it and driver has to look down. Nicely mounted though
Old     (chattwake)      Join Date: Jan 2010       02-18-2011, 12:24 PM Reply   
That's not an eq. That's a fuse panel. Geez, this is how rumors get started.
Old     (johnny_defacto)      Join Date: Sep 2006       02-18-2011, 12:27 PM Reply   
chatwake, are you on axis forum? if not, post a picture of your future a22
Old     (tampawake)      Join Date: Mar 2008       02-18-2011, 1:06 PM Reply   
Is there an Axis forum??
Old     (CarFanatic5)      Join Date: Apr 2010       02-18-2011, 1:10 PM Reply   
I"d like to know how the surf wake is on the axis
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       02-18-2011, 2:00 PM Reply   
www.axiswakeboats.com
Old    mojo            02-18-2011, 2:40 PM Reply   
at a glance it looked like an eq, and i've seen them nicely installed in that location. sorry about that.
Old     (nautiquesonly)      Join Date: Sep 2007       02-18-2011, 5:21 PM Reply   
I got is the new axis at the boat show and they felt like just what one would NEED. not all the expensive wants. The only bad part I noticed is 1 minute in the boat was the driver seat is too small. I am tall but by no means wide and the seat was a snug fit. One of my favorite drivers could in no way fit in the seat of an AXIS.
Old     (l_b)      Join Date: Aug 2009       02-18-2011, 6:17 PM Reply   
Bravo, Chattwake...you are always clever and represent TN well. Your dilema is similar to many of us and you articulated it well. A 90k boat is'nt feasable as a recreational vehicle/toy for most folks. Well said, my man.