Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 07, 2004

Old    six            06-03-2004, 9:56 AM Reply   
What does a driver do to get them up?
Old    rmarion            06-03-2004, 10:57 AM Reply   
Just a little more boat speed, the key is (220# here) have them (me) turn the board towards the boat a little as soon as the pull begins. This allows for the board to plane. This is the technique I us for all my LARGE Beer belly friends. It works 75% of the time.
Old     (nuckledragger)      Join Date: Jun 2004       06-03-2004, 11:04 AM Reply   
aa
Old     (lakeday)      Join Date: Jan 2003       06-03-2004, 11:44 AM Reply   
my technique for bigger people, now for all people after some experimenting, is for them to start like anyone else would with the toes pointed toward the sky. then rock forward and put the board 4-5 inches underwater just before the boat takes off. then hold the body position as if you were sitting in a chair with your fee flat on the floor. i've posted this several times and i'm not sure anyone has tried it. it has worked everytime that i've had a beginner try it. i'm interested to see if anyone else might have the same success.
Old     (fuel)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-03-2004, 12:09 PM Reply   
A few years ago, I finally got a friend up that weighs 300 lbs. I took a while for him to finally get it through his head that he didn't have to try. He would pull with his arms really hard and one day I made him try until he was give out. When he finally quit trying to pull himself up, he popped right up. He' been able to get up ever since. I've found that big guys are used to muscling things around and you really have to coach them to let the boat do all the work.

In my experience, the easiest riders to get up ar girls.
Old     (aaronlee13)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-03-2004, 12:30 PM Reply   
tie them to the rope!!! it works!
Old     (midwestrider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-04-2004, 11:35 AM Reply   
Big guys can usually muscle the board under water and stand on it upright. I am 235 and I find the easiest way to get up is to push the board underneath me and once the boat starts to pull I pull my knees up to my chest like a normal deep water start, only instead of pointing my toes, I pull my toes up so the board planes out. Easiest way I have taught bigger beginners how to get up on a board.

Jb
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-04-2004, 12:13 PM Reply   
I agree with the deep water start suggestions. I'm 6'7", 270 lbs, and I pop out of the water with little effort by me or the boat. It's all about technique. I do not agree with starting with the board facing the boat, or turning the front of the board slightly toward the boat. The sitting position is the way to go, and if they can't get the board below them without the help of the boat, drag them a little at idle speed and tell them to relax and let the board go under them.
Old    six            06-04-2004, 12:25 PM Reply   
Thank you my brothers,I will print this and put it in the boat.