Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (wakebrd17)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-08-2006, 10:24 PM Reply   
I got a pair of 06 Parks bindings towards the end of the season because I ripped my old Byerly's. The Parks boot is one of the most comfortable boots I have ever ridden. However after using them 10-15 times I noticed a tear in one of the seams. Has this happened to anyone else and what did you do to fix the problem. I don't want to go and buy a new pair because I am a college student and well all my money goes to tuition so if you could help me out that would be great.
Old     (monroeyd)      Join Date: Jun 2006       11-08-2006, 10:45 PM Reply   
warranty
Old     (morgs)      Join Date: Nov 2005       11-09-2006, 1:36 AM Reply   
I went through 2 pairs this season - same issue. Hold onto them until the 07's are available, then request they be swapped for the new model.
Old     (mcfatty)      Join Date: Apr 2003       11-09-2006, 7:16 AM Reply   
There won't be a 07 Parks. At least not from Hyperlite.

(Message edited by mcfatty on November 09, 2006)
Old     (proho)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-09-2006, 10:03 AM Reply   
07's have been available since september. Sure they arent called parks anymomre its proof but its the same basic binding. If I were you I wouldnt send your bindings in for warranty. I had a tear right under the option 2 strap and some problems with the laces and sent it in at the end of the season, thinking i would get the same binding back. well my bindings come in and im excited to get to ride but there are a couple problems. first of the new bindings look terrible but i can deal with that, then they changed the inner liner to lycra, i loved the snakeskin, super easy to get in but not too slippery once youre in, and i couldnt even get my foot in the damn things. i dont know if they made the toe overlay smaller or what but it took me forever to get my foot into a binding that i used to be able to slip in with just my foot wet, when i finally did get in they were way too tight. so now bindings are in limbo and im wishing i never woulda sent them in for warranty because the tear didnt effect performance much and i coulda gotten parts for the laces. the new hidden hardware system sucks.
Old     (chikara22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-09-2006, 8:29 PM Reply   
mine broke at the plastic clip that holds the ankle strap on. No way to fix it except re-sewing an entirely new clip in. My dealer is going to hook me up with some demo bindings to tide me over till the new one's come in though.
Old     (cweb)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-13-2006, 6:49 AM Reply   
Proho, i had the same issue with 07 3DS bindings, and they are very easy to put on DRY! dont get them wet when you first put them on. ( i know thi doesnt help if the board comes off, or if you are riding a second set... )
Old     (proho)      Join Date: Aug 2005       11-13-2006, 11:43 AM Reply   
i tried em dry and wet. didnt try with lube but i didnt have any and i was always able to get into the 06s without lube. i have a pretty wide foot and im thinking that they changed the sizing a little. i recently got hooked up with some cd bindings that im pretty happy with so, i dont know what im gonna do with the "proof" bindings.