Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old    jmo52            02-08-2005, 11:04 PM Reply   
When wakesurfing is it best to head in a straight line or make a nice big circle? So far I've been driving in a big circle.
Old    buttskimmer            02-09-2005, 7:45 AM Reply   
Depending on the boat - a slight turn to either side works best.
Old    air_sv211            02-09-2005, 10:50 AM Reply   
Try it both ways and do what works best for your setup.
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       02-09-2005, 11:29 AM Reply   
Straight. IMO, If your having to drive in a circle your boat is not weighted properly.
Old    jmo52            02-09-2005, 1:17 PM Reply   
Thanks guys. I am new at wakesurfing and had sombody tell me to make a slight turn when surfing. It's cool for the winter but that's gonna be tough when there's more people on the water. As far as weight I fill the stock port tank(800lbs). I just got a sac(440lbs), what do you recomend the locker or the bow?
Old    buttskimmer            02-10-2005, 6:48 AM Reply   
We fill the front ballast too - helps to push the whole boat down in the water & keep the bow down.
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       02-10-2005, 3:11 PM Reply   
Monk, My boat has a much better wake with the 500# stock ballast filled in the front along with the side 800#.
Board More/Work Less!
J$
Old    jmo52            02-10-2005, 7:23 PM Reply   
J$ had to throw the salt in the wound with that stock front 500.lol. Thats ok I think the next MB will be the team edition. Thanks for the info guys..