Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles

Old     (cmtaylor777)      Join Date: Jul 2010       06-30-2011, 11:57 PM Reply   
What are you guys wiring to for the power and ground? Straight to the head unit or take it directly to the battery?

Also, I feel like I will be putting too much of a load on the remote line if I add the 420 to the same remote wire as everything else. I already have 3 amps, head unit and a CD changer on that same remote line. I think adding the 420 to it may be a little much. Could I wire the remote line on the 420 straight to the stereo switch on the control panel?

Any and all help is much appreciated.
Old     (shawndoggy)      Join Date: Nov 2009       07-01-2011, 5:42 AM Reply   
use a bosch relay.

The remote line from your head unit goes to the relay. When it powers up, it energizes the relay and closes the circuit. You when the circuit closes, you will then can use that power to go to your amps, cd changer and ws420.

In the image below, you'd substitute all of your accessories for the fog lights, and the stereo headunit is the switch:

Old     (ryanbush11)      Join Date: May 2003       07-01-2011, 12:18 PM Reply   
I'm running 7 amps and my 420 off my remote... all the remote does is send voltage through the system! Neither the amps nor the 420 actually pull any power from the remote, all they do is sense voltage and turn them selves on! in theory you could run an infinite number of amps off the remote... only issue you would have is voltage drop over the length of the remote wire its' self and the connections!
Old     (mikeski)      Join Date: Aug 2003       07-01-2011, 2:13 PM Reply   
I have a 420, HSE rev, maxbass, and 4 amps running off my remote turn on lead without any issue. Wire the power and grounds all to the same distribution blocks as your amp power to avoid noise. If you run them from different sources you will likely get noise. This typically involves replacing the factory power and ground wires to all of the audio components.